10+ Year Old Account
    so I've been thinking about reinstalling this game, and was just reading through some random statements: Someone stated that they couldn't play their Chua Warrior anymore after game went F2P. How true is this for people who bought the initial game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    so I've been thinking about reinstalling this game, and was just reading through some random statements: Someone stated that they couldn't play their Chua Warrior anymore after game went F2P. How true is this for people who bought the initial game?
    ...they never could have, because it was never an option in the game until last year (2016).

10+ Year Old Account
    Even better to know - never played the Chua race, so wasn't sure. I just didn't want a Star Wars situation where I lost things I could do previously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    SNIP.....
    So you have a history and carrying baggage, unless you sat in the boardroom meetings, all your info is second hand like ours! From games industry financial expert to games forum mod, pardon me, but I don't think so. But I'm starting to understand the bitterness and BS in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    So you have a history and carrying baggage, unless you sat in the boardroom meetings, all your info is second hand like ours! From games industry financial expert to games forum mod, pardon me, but I don't think so. But I'm starting to understand the bitterness and BS in your posts.
    Oh God! Irony. So. Thick!

So you have a history and carrying baggage,
    Why do you say that? Because I carry no baggage, I enjoyed the time I spent at my gig and working with those companies. So sorry, that won't be a way for you to casually dismiss my post.

unless you sat in the boardroom meetings, all your info is second hand like ours!
    Board meetings? Nope. But talk with folks who were either sitting in those types of meetings (i.e. heads of studios)? Yep. I mean, I don't really have a way to 100% prove this as I prefer my anonymity online, so if you don't care to believe me on the firsthand experience stuff, that's fine.

From games industry financial expert to games forum mod,
    One doesn't have to be a financial expert to realize that barely turning $2M a quarter, when their other titles are all turning at least 5 times that amount, is pretty terrible.

But I'm starting to understand the bitterness and BS in your posts.
    No bitterness, unless you want to pretend there is. At worst, I have a deep disappointment with Carbine for failing to make WildStar live up to its potential.

No U-turn, but what is actually funny ? Is you believe that they believed, and meant, any thing they said...Dev speak BS! Suddenly a Dev team that helped make wow and Guild wars became stupid ? I have no idea of the real story, nor does anyone else here.

All I really know is Wildstar was still beta for the first 6 months, they then spent the next 6 months putting most of it right!
    You disputed what Edge and others were saying. You were then linked a source. After being linked those sources you suddenly did a U-turn with your "devs bs all the time" nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Well considering it's making a shit amount of money from quarterly reports and declined like crazy between Q2 and Q3 I can safely say the financial situation is shite for it. When a game is doing worse than a 18 year old game I'd be worried. Also you really have 0 clue what bitterness is. God forbid people as Edge said are disappointed because Wildstar generated loads of hype and failed to live up to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Im going to ignore the previous quotes because it is nearly all resolved stuff.

The last one though, Mini didn't seem to be stating opinions or excuses, seemed to me like truth, Wildstar was in a shitty state at launch and for the first 6 months, it was slowly improving, it was basically a beta upon release with TONS of issues. Issues that have now been resolved, just a few pages ago we had issues at launch discussion, we all know the main points of Wildstars initial failures by now, I really dont see a reason to beat this rotting horse anymore.
    Well it's current issue now is it's financial situation. But of course we need a Q4 report showing it had a huge rise in between quarters. Not just something tiny. If the game has risen a tiny amount this quarter or keeps declining then I think NCsoft will be more reluctant into funnelling money into it. Also resolved or not it still suffers from those issues. And it tanked hard as Edge said. I remember people being hyped through the roof during beta for this game and when it launched it was a fucking disappointment.

Oh and a heads up. It made 1 million Korean Won in the 3rd quarter. Would anyone like to know the conversion rate? It's £672, $830 and 788 Euros. That is dire. If I'm reading the quarterly report right. Feel free to call me out if it's a mistake and I'll happily admit to it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-02 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you should all know my thoughts on game Dev's and promises by now, but just in case

It's all a load of BS, and while players keep buying into it they will just keep rolling it out.
    You asked for source, you got source, what's the matter?

Your defense now is that Carbine are also pathological liars? That is in addition to being failures?

Cool.

Suddenly a Dev team that helped make wow and Guild wars became stupid ? I have no idea of the real story, nor does anyone else here.
    Can you provide a source for the guild wars team being involved with WS please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Can you provide a source for the guild wars team being involved with WS please.
    His saying the dev team for Wildstar has people who made WoW & GW before joining the Wildstar team.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    His saying the dev team for Wildstar has people who made WoW & GW before joining the Wildstar team.
    Still needs a source. I'm pretty sure EX Blizzard devs founded Carbine but until I see a source that says ex GW devs worked on it as well then there is no evidence.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-02 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still needs a source. I'm pretty sure EX Blizzard devs founded Carbine but until I see a source that says ex GW devs worked on it as well then there is no evidence.
    Correct. Considering they cancelled their China advancement, went onto Steam F2P and disbanded half of Carbine. I think it's safe to say you're correct and it won't be long before it's running on a skeleton crew with minimal content being made except cashshop items

That was my understanding too. I knew that ex Blizzard guys were involved. I am interested as to where the GW ties come from because I haven't heard that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    That was my understanding too. I knew that ex Blizzard guys were involved. I am interested as to where the GW ties come from because I haven't heard that one before.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbine_Studios

Some of the games they employed devs from are listed.

Does it matter? We both know WoW was the more successful of the two anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Does it matter? We both know WoW was the more successful of the two anyway
    Someone made a claim without source. Someone is asking for a source. Don't start any game vs game bullshit please. What that has to do with someone asking for a source that proves ex Guild Wars devs worked on Wildstar is beyond me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-02 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    I'm a lvl 50 tank (warrior) and it always takes 1hour+ to find a group for anytthing. Be it normal or veteran. dungeons/adventures/anything!
    Am i doing something wrong? Is it normal?
    Please, do help.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    I'm a lvl 50 tank (warrior) and it always takes 1hour+ to find a group for anytthing. Be it normal or veteran. dungeons/adventures/anything!
    Please, do help.
    Yeah it's normal. Half the time the queues are broken so you have to just ask in chat or join a group there.

Please, do help.
    Definitely join a guild and create your own groups.

https://twitter.com/WildStar/status/815983696935194626

The next major Wildstar update is revealed January 4th!

- - - Updated - - -

Please, do help.
    Many people think this is due to just not enough players, and that is partially true while leveling up, but the real issue is that the content finder has been broken since its release, it can find groups but it is...delayed for some reason, if you have 5 people not in group all proper roles que up at the same time, it can still take like 20 seconds to find the group. Its best to just make groups in Nexus Chat.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.