Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan gets my vote personally. Johnson if he played all 16 games and got another 100 yards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Now that the regular season is over... who do you all like for MVP?
    Ryan>Dak>Brady=Carr(if he didn't get hurt, even then stong case)>Rodgers>David Johnson

Deleted
    Ryan. By quite a margin.

Zaire Anderson had his tests come back clean and was released after he was taken to the hospital for his neck injury. Hopefully whatever Packer that had the same thing happen (think it was Rollins?) has the same result.

Tyreek Hill or Matthew Stafford have easily been the most valuable to their teams on the offensive side (ignoring defense because that would just be silly), but MVP is just a popularity contest that should be renamed to best QB stats on a playoff team (or last year most hyped QB). Therefore, it will go Ryan, Brady or Rodgers.

Emotions make want to say, Tom Brady. But I think Prescott/Zek are incredibly impressive and the Cowboys would not have been half as good this year if not for Prescott.

Carr was very impressive too. But I think Carr hasn't been as much of an impact as Brady, Elliot or Prescott.

I consider an MVP to a player who has the biggest impact in the winning of his team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some regular season observations

Ingram first 1000 yard rusher for the Saints in a decade.
    Bradford has made it two years in a row without a major injury, and hit his usual pinnacle of 7 wins.
    Houston QB situation is hilarious.
    Oakland QB situation is tragic.
    Roberto Aguayo made 71% of his kicks, proving that if you really want a good kicker you need to grab one before the 2nd round.

I don't really see a clear-cut MVP candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Videos are making me open youtube. Fun stuff though.
    Sorry, I am on mobile right now and they played fine when I posted. I'll fix them later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Some regular season observations

Ingram first 1000 yard rusher for the Saints in a decade.
    Bradford has made it two years in a row without a major injury, and hit his usual pinnacle of 7 wins.
    Houston QB situation is hilarious.
    Oakland QB situation is tragic.
    Roberto Aguayo made 71% of his kicks, proving that if you really want a good kicker you need to grab one before the 2nd round.

I don't really see a clear-cut MVP candidate.
    Bradford also set NFL record for comp%

Some Seahawks stuff:

If the Bucs want a kicker, they can pick up hauschka after the season.

KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner combined for just under 292 fucking tackles this season, with Wagner leading the NFL at 167

Patriots dethroned the Seahawks for scoring defense (4 years in a row).

Russell Wilson passed for more yards than any Seahawks QB before this season, with a bum leg. Doug tied most team receptions, Jimmy Graham broke TE receptions and TDs for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Should be Ryan, although I could see them giving it to Brady or even worse Rodgers. I also think Johnson should get more consideration, but they dont care much about losing teams unless you go completely crazy.
    How is giving it to Rodgers "even worse"...? The guy leads the league in touchdowns and RAN the table when he said he would. He's taken a team that was for all intents and purposes, eliminated week 10 and brought them back to the 4th seed. He's been playing better football when it counts than any quarterback in the NFL. If any quarterback not named Matt Ryan should win MVP, it's him.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuuck why does the dolphins game have to be at 4am. SO LAME. Getting up at 4am is honestly the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Pockitt View Post
    How is giving it to Rodgers "even worse"...? The guy leads the league in touchdowns and RAN the table when he said he would. He's taken a team that was for all intents and purposes, eliminated week 10 and brought them back to the 4th seed. He's been playing better football when it counts than any quarterback in the NFL. If any quarterback not named Matt Ryan should win MVP, it's him.
    Because I think Ryan should win the award, but I feel they are gonna give it to one of those two and I think Rodgers deserves it less then Brady. I think giving it to anyone other then Ryan would be terrible. As far as Rodgers goes, yes he ran the table, but he also had to run the table to get in, and you cant ignore the prior games. The games down the strech mattered, because they were bad early on. That includes him in several games. Ryan doesnt have a dark spot on this year's resume, and has better stats, and more wins, all with much more consistency. Hell Dak has comparable numbers to Rodgers and played one less game and won more. MVP isn't and shouldnt be about the last 5-6 games. So I think Rodgers is a bad choice. Looking up those numbers I dont even know if he is the number 3 QB anymore, I might do Ryan>Brady=Dak>Rodgers.

Because I think Ryan should win the award, but I feel they are gonna give it to one of those two and I think Rodgers deserves it less then Brady. I think giving it to anyone other then Ryan would be terrible. As far as Rodgers goes, yes he ran the table, but he also had to run the table to get in, and you cant ignore the prior games. The games down the strech mattered, because they were bad early on. That includes him in several games. Ryan doesnt have a dark spot on this year's resume, and has better stats, and more wins, all with much more consistency. Hell Dak has comparable numbers to Rodgers and played one less game and won more. MVP isn't and shouldnt be about the last 5-6 games. So I think Rodgers is a bad choice. Looking up those numbers I dont even know if he is the number 3 QB anymore, I might do Ryan>Brady=Dak>Rodgers.
    What prior games? Rodgers wasn't playing at the level he is known for early in the season but it wasn't like his numbers were terrible.. His defense giving up 30+ points in 4 back to back games is the biggest reason why he had to do what he did. Being MVP is not all about pretty stats and having a flawless season.. It's about being the most VALUABLE player. It's about putting your team on your back when they NEED you the most. Are we holding Brady's 4 game suspension against him? No. Are we holding the fact that Matt Ryan's team has been mostly in tact the entire season? No. But I don't think Ryan could have done what Rodgers just done with one of the most injured teams in playoff history. Brady maybe but I doubt he could have scrambled, ran for yardage, and extended plays as much as Rodgers did.
    Dak has been great this season but there's no way he'd be having the type of season he's having with the type of injuries Rodgers has had to play around. A large part of Dak's success this season is becauseEzekial Elliot's stellar season as a running back. Elliot's presence as the top running back forces defenses to load the box against him which opens up the passing game. Rodgers hasn't had a running attack like that his entire career. Plus Dak's offensive line has been nothing short of amazing too. I'm not saying Rodgers hasn't had great pass protection but that o-line Dallas has is #1 in the league.

Russell Wilson was an MVP frontrunner last season despite having a mediocre first half. In the last 7 games, Rodgers has had 3 touchdowns and 0 picks. Only 3 quarterbacks in NFL history have been able to do that in 7 straight games and all 3 of them have won MVP when they DID do it. Brady in 2007, Peyton Manning in 2013, and Rodgers in 2014. And all of those stats he's put up with Packer after Packer getting carted off the field. I'm not making an anti-Brady or anti-Ryan argument. Rather I'm just being devil's advocate and making a pro-Rodgers argument. I don't think he deserves it WAY less than the other frontrunners.
    Last edited by Pockitt; 2017-01-02 at 09:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know we can settle this right now. There is only one choice. An unprecedented one.

Give it to the Dallas O line

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Patriots dethroned the Seahawks for scoring defense (4 years in a row).
    I'm honestly upset about that. I liked our little defense dynasty. If people aren't talking about the early to mid 2010's Seahawks D 10 to 20 years later like we hear about the Bears, Steelers, and Ravens legendary defenses I will be pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I'm honestly upset about that. I liked our little defense dynasty. If people aren't talking about the early to mid 2010's Seahawks D 10 to 20 years later like we hear about the Bears, Steelers, and Ravens legendary defenses I will be pissed.
    Legion of Boom is catchy enough that it should be up there

10+ Year Old Account
    Matt Ryan and David Johnson have been much more consistent throughout the year. Brady missed four games, and Ryan's average numbers are better across the board anyway (minus that whole interception ratio). Rodgers wasn't great the first like half of the season, and Ryan's numbers are still better.

- - - Updated - - -

Might be the most aggressive thing I've seen Brees say. Who could imagine him playing on a decent team?

Time to check my predictions now that the regular season is over:

NFC West- I picked the order correctly, but thought the Cardinals were going to be better. Palmer was even healthier than Wilson but the 'Hawks still ended up on top
    NFC North- Correct with Packers on top and Bears on bottom
    NFC South- Only one right here was Bucs in second. Oops.
    NFC East- I had the Cowboys third instead of first. Thought that a) Romo would get injured and b) that would make a difference. I also correctly predicted that the Giants would be a good team this year

AFC West- Got the order spot on (feel really bad for Derek Carr), even predicting that Denver would miss out on postseason
    AFC North- Picked winner and basement right, but I thought that this division would play at a higher level overall, as they usually do (except Cleveland)
    AFC South- Not even close. This was the hardest one to pick coming into the season. Still can't believe the Texans won the division again...
    AFC East- Got Pats and Bills right

Overall I picked 5/8 division winners, 2 divisions in the full order, 3/6 NFC playoff teams, and 4/6 AFC Playoff teams

Going into the playoffs, Green Bay is on a tear right now. I'm very happy the Seahawks would only have to play them in a potential NFCCG in Seattle. Pittsburgh, New England, and KC are all hot too, and they all have a legitimate chance, but I have to consider the Patriots as favorites. Top scoring defense, second scoring offense, Brady+Belichick. They are a dynasty for a reason. NFC looks more wide open: Atlanta and Dallas have the great offenses but suspect defenses, Giants are the reverse of that, Seattle has been inconsistent, and Detroit and Green Bay required minor to major miracles to make it where they did. All six teams can look really good, but I can see them all being exposed too. Gun to my head, I think I'd go for Atlanta (really not confident though): as amazing as Dallas has been, they are led by rookies, and the rest of the field includes three Super Bowl winning QBs, one that's made it to the NFCCG, and Matt Stafford, who has at least been to the dance before, and has been notably clutch all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Emotions make want to say, Tom Brady. But I think Prescott/Zek are incredibly impressive and the Cowboys would not have been half as good this year if not for Prescott.

Carr was very impressive too. But I think Carr hasn't been as much of an impact as Brady, Elliot or Prescott.

I consider an MVP to a player who has the biggest impact in the winning of his team.
    I'd be hard pressed to think of Brady as this years MVP.. the cheating scandals kind of blur his image for me. He is obviously great, but he has many great players around him.. as well as a coach. They also did very well without him.

I think Ryan should get it because his receiving core and defense are both inconsistent.

I think Rodgers should get it because his defense is often wtf worthy, his run game doesn't exist, and his team is plagued with injury.

I think Johnson should get it because he was the a massive amount of their TDs and yardage. I honestly think they might not have won 1-2 games at all without him.

Carr is obviously the heart and soul of his team. His major offensive weapons seem low on the energy levels and are injury prone.

- - - Updated - - -

Its fine if you just plain dislike Rodgers, but please admit it. Looking at numbers, Rodgers is pretty dominate.

I don't really feel Ryan or Rogers are all that noteworthy or impressive. Rogers is somewhat overrated in my view and GB have been mostly trash. They dropped 6 games this year. That's bad. GB played like a mid level team for most of the year.

I admit Rogers stepped up the last few weeks of the season, but that's not in the same realm as Brady and the Pats dominating from moment TB12 took the field again this year. Brady has been consistent and great this year. Breaking several significant records, including some of the all-time records.

Jimmy G is a fine QB. But he would have never made some of the plays Brady made this year through both football knowledge and talent.

Brady improved every year since '13-
    CMP%: 60.5->64.1->64.4->67.4 TD%: 4.0->5.7->5.8->6.5 INT%: 1.8->1.5->1.1->0.5 PR: 87.3->97.4->102.2->112.2

The man is arguably better now than he ever has been as a athlete. To do this is literally not comparable among most of the sport's QB.

Unrelated: My favorite thing to come out of this season aside from Martellus Bennet's Instagram account is this;

I really did think Floyd killed someone on this hit. But I was also screaming for my guy Jules. <3
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-02 at 03:46 PM.