Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The progression in PVP is based on YOU improving your skills, while your char's gear gets slightly improved.

We should never go back to the time when you had to spend weeks farming honor gear just to properly feel how a class plays in pvp.
    That's just nonsense, they just replaced gear with artifact and honor talents.

It's alot worse to go to pvp without your spells then withou gear

And the artifact, in particular, has more power differential than an entire set of gear used to.

My only problem is with World PvP. I can't be a duel hero in Durotar anymore and that triggers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    That's just nonsense, they just replaced gear with artifact and honor talents.

It's alot worse to go to pvp without your spells then withou gear
    Disagree. At least you have your base spells at Honor Level 1. Having no gear and hitting like a noodle with your base spells is like having no good spells at all.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm sure casual PvP participation has largely died this expansion.
    Anecdotal experience here, but i found your "sure assumption" completely false. Legion is the first expansion ever that got me, my friends and majority of my mythic raiding guild members into at least casual pvp-ing.

cuppy : "Why not just make everyone on the same line? Why?? "

Because it would be boring without gear progression!

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    ???

It's overall far slower than WoD and the CD trading is even more amped up than in WoD. On top of that you can't even outplay your opponents due to the continued prune. What rating do you even play at?

It most certainly does not have the same charm as WotLK style PvP, for that it'd actually need to require skill, which it does not.

Given your post history you seem extremely casual, so I guess that's why you have these fantasies. Maybe it feels less restricted at sub 1500 rating, what do I know.
    I just made some comments about what I think and here you are attacking me over 'rating' like I care. Then your going through my history and calling me a 'casual' when you know nothing about me.

You have a toxic attitude. You look for any reason to discredit and disregard the experiences of others. Sad and pathetic are the only words I have for you.

BG's have turned into all horde all day and most nights .. During this holiday seasons and new years horde win rate has skyrocketed .. What I noticed is many Alliance players with less than 2mill HP which clearly indicates a new character .. Horde wins have been dominating!

This expansion will most likely continue as is seeing how very few are willing to go through the misery of a grueling grind when they switch factions .. and NO to paid character transfer GREEDY BLIZZARD!

At this point they need to allow for free faction change for a short while ...

Quote Originally Posted by sarkarin View Post
    I just made some comments about what I think and here you are attacking me over 'rating' like I care. Then your going through my history and calling me a 'casual' when you know nothing about me.

You have a toxic attitude. You look for any reason to discredit and disregard the experiences of others. Sad and pathetic are the only words I have for you.
    You said yourself in your posts (which was literally 1-2 click(s) away, so it's not like it took any effort) you're 1300 - at which point I can safely assume you're really bad or a casual player and thus your view on how "PvP plays" are sadly misguided (due to inexperience). At that rating / those scenarios anything you experience, good or bad, can be chalked up to either "git gud" or "you were in a bg/wpvp, pvp is not balanced around that".

Your view of the game as "faster" or somehow better or whatever has zero truth to it and letting it, falsely, become the widespread consensus opinion especially of uneducated PvPers is not in anyone's interests (not even casuals, even though some of you don't seem to understand it now you will come to do so next expansion if we're unlucky).

I will not stop educating people and informing people that outplaying and outskilling their opponents is harder than ever and that cd trading is as bad as ever. If you feel I'm being "toxic" because I'm pointing out you're not good at PvP and should improve before telling people "how PvP plays" that's your problem not mine - deal with being called out.

A blind man could say the sun is pink, doesn't change the fact it's not. A bad PvPer could say PvP is more skillful/faster than ever, doesn't change the fact that it's not (and yes this is universally agreed on by good players).

Has the ilvl of PvP rewards suddenly gone up? Just noticed a tower WQ giving base ilvl 855 gloves.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Has the ilvl of PvP rewards suddenly gone up? Just noticed a tower WQ giving base ilvl 855 gloves.
    Yes, the base ilvl is set to increase each new pvp season

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I always seem to end up in the worst RBG groups. I barely got the 40 wins mount the first Legion season but this time around I don't think I'll even manage 20.
    In the meantime, pvp world quests are getting stale real quick, so I'll be stuck at prestige level 5 for a lot of time.

PVP worldquests are not really for PVP, are they? Usually it is a lot faster to just ignore the opposing faction and just kill mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Irelia View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with you. Removing gear from PvP was the best thing that happened to it.
    I would have been fine with it, had they not replaced the gear grind with the artifact grind. Frankly, I think WoW is very mediocre now, especially in class design, compared to what it used to be. I mainly play on private servers for that reason.

But after hearing about the gear change, I initially planned to play Legion pvp now and then because, basically, why not? They promised you wouldn't have to grind.

But after Legion came out I realized, nope, the gameplay and class design is mediocre like I thought it would be, but, lo and behold, there's a huge time grind involved to even experience it. I'm not going to spend a lot of time to experience mediocre gameplay, I'd rather spend that time grinding my private server toons. On my WOTLK-MoP private servers, at least I get to play specs that have a lot of abilities and some challenge to them, once I've finished grinding.

So that's how they lost this casual's planned participation in Legion pvp.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2017-01-02 at 07:34 PM.

In rated PVP I think there should be a base character power level like there is now in both BGS and arenas, but only for rated. I don't think casual BGs should have the base power level for characters at all, they are casual for a reason they are supposed to be fun and imbalanced. The problem with PVP is the lack of tangible rewards, and the lack of character progression in PVP. You never hardly notice the power increase of your character so it doesn't really feel like an MMO/RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    You said yourself in your posts (which was literally 1-2 click(s) away, so it's not like it took any effort) you're 1300 - at which point I can safely assume you're really bad or a casual player and thus your view on how "PvP plays" are sadly misguided (due to inexperience). At that rating / those scenarios anything you experience, good or bad, can be chalked up to either "git gud" or "you were in a bg/wpvp, pvp is not balanced around that".

Your view of the game as "faster" or somehow better or whatever has zero truth to it and letting it, falsely, become the widespread consensus opinion especially of uneducated PvPers is not in anyone's interests (not even casuals, even though some of you don't seem to understand it now you will come to do so next expansion if we're unlucky).

I will not stop educating people and informing people that outplaying and outskilling their opponents is harder than ever and that cd trading is as bad as ever. If you feel I'm being "toxic" because I'm pointing out you're not good at PvP and should improve before telling people "how PvP plays" that's your problem not mine - deal with being called out. Your throwing labels and stupid arrogant statements around like

A blind man could say the sun is pink, doesn't change the fact it's not. A bad PvPer could say PvP is more skillful/faster than ever, doesn't change the fact that it's not (and yes this is universally agreed on by good players).
    You've done nothing but post your OPINIONS. Guess what? I have my OPINIONS also and other people have theirs as well. Your not educating or informing anyone but simply posting your OPINIONS and claiming them as godly undeniable facts because you are a big man and everyone else is small and unimportant.

I called you toxic because you are: "Nobody else matters but me and this particular group of people I deem worthy". I don't care about 'being called out' because I have nothing to hide go ahead and search my history. You are a coward that cannot face the opinions of other people.
    Last edited by sarkarin; 2017-01-02 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarkarin View Post
    You've done nothing but post your OPINIONS. Guess what? I have my OPINIONS also and other people have theirs as well. Your not educating or informing anyone but simply posting your OPINIONS and claiming them as godly undeniable facts because you are a big man and everyone else is small and unimportant.

I called you toxic because you are: "Nobody else matters but me and this particular group of people I deem worthy". I don't care about 'being called out' because I have nothing to hide go ahead and search my history. You are a coward that cannot face the opinions of other people.
    Are you an anti-vaccer too? Considering this is your reaction to someone with more experience telling how things are. "Wwaah my opinion is more valid than experts waaah".

No these things are not my opinions. They are facts recognized by all or at least a broad majority of skilled PvPers. The game is slower and possibility to outplay/outskill has been reduced even further. Given "wotlk fast paced style pvp" was your metric for good PvP all I can say is we're as far from it as we've ever been = bad pvp.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Templates need another big balance pass, go play a vengeance DH in random BG and you'll see what I mean, 25% more damage taken built-in, yeah, and havoc has more burst self healing via talents :P

Sure the mobility is insane (200% sprint pvp talent), but even then, I can deal with low damage output, but low survivability is just silly for a "tank" spec, I don't even want to be OP, just somewhat more durable then a dps, which isnt happening right now.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-02 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Templates need another big balance pass, go play a vengeance DH in random BG and you'll see what I mean, 25% more damage taken built-in, yeah, and havoc has more burst self healing via talents :P

Sure the mobility is insane (200% sprint pvp talent), but even then, I can deal with low damage output, but low survivability is just silly for a "tank" spec, I don't even want to be OP, just somewhat more durable then a dps, which isnt happening right now.
    Its literaly the same as every tank outside Prot Pally Support role for healing in arena, but then even i as prot pal get outclassed by ret in the durability department in instanced pvp while i would do like 2x the dmg in ret specc than my prot.

I think they dont really know yet again what to do with tanks, when they insist of tanks having 25% more dmg income they should compensate it with atleast 3/4 of the damage of a dps specc or if they truly want tanks to become the support class in pvp we will need way cooler support spells of the like of mass grip for dk's and something similar.

Deleted
    you prob didn t notice but you are 1000 times more strong if you have honor talents and they other dosen t

My biggest gripe is still E N D L E S S - S T U N - C H A I N S

I think it's bad design if there's no way the oppnonent can react in any way for such long periods.

I'd rahter have it like this:

If you where stunned for 5 seconds you should be immune to stuns for the following 3 seconds, while still interruptible. You'd have a little window where you at least could do something and contribute to the fight. I had so many fight's (only BG) where I smashed my keyboard because there was nothing I could do other than watching my toon die. I don't want to own the three melees that got me but I want to be able to fight back and die an honorable death or try to escape. It feels totally sh*t to get shut down completly an not being able to play the game. I know it's different in arena where mates can peel but in general stuns have gotten out of control imo.