Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That's not how you spell Return to Karazhan.
    That's not how you spell Gnomeragan

I'm all aboard that Ulduar bandwagon, but ToT is my second favorite raid.

I still think Highmaul and BRF are two of the best raids as well, it's just too bad everything else about WoD was absolute ass.

To be fair though, one thing I think WoW has consistently done right throughout its lifespan are its raids. I can only think of a handful of raids that sucked. Those being, imo, Dragon Soul (fuck that place to high hell, can't ever do worse than that), Heart of Fear, Mogu'Shan Vaults, and Hyjal.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    That's not how you spell Abyssal Maw raid..... oh wait.

I wouldn't mind if NH turns out to be as good as Ulduar or ToT

DS was shitty af if you ask me

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Lets admit it, Throne of Thunder was the best raid released to date and 5.2 was the 2nd best patch of WoW yet [5.4 was the best patch]. The music, the atmosphere, the visuals, the bosses, amazing! I hope Tomb of Sargeras will be like Throne of Thunder. Do you think a raid in Legion will be like ToT?
    I don't think you can easily say it was the best to date. Sunwell, ICC, Ulduar, and HFC are all easily contenders there
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT people who can't spell Molten Core
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Best raid though? I don't think so. In terms of first time killing the bosses, sure. But farm was really, really boring in there. It was really quite boring after shit was on farm. DS, HFC, SoO on the other hand.. those were fun as fuck right till the end of expansion. The craziness of the set bonuses and items and weapons made parsing incredibly fun.
    I smell a dps player here. Listing all the final-tier raids and then saying they were great to farm because of big numbers is pretty funny...

The reason why people praise Ulduar as one of the best raids ever was exactly that re-playability. As a raid group you progress. Go through each of the bosses, get better and better and eventually have the tactics nailed and gear to put the boss "on farm". THEN you "hit the button" and the difficulty curve reset. Not for all the bosses though, but for some you could scale your raid's difficulty that week. Some of the bosses also happened on their own as you progressed. I still remember how fun it was to look at XT's heart each week when the dps went balls-out and each week it got closer and closer to 0%. And by the time you got there, your raid pretty much nailed the rest of the mechanics so hardmode was not THAT difficult.

That raid experience was significantly better than the "1-shot normal in an evening", "progress through HC" and then "bang head on wall on the same bosses in Mythic for a few weeks". While you STILL have to grind the other difficulties for potential gear upgrades each week.

Back to ToT. Personally I do not mind the linear design. Wings are fun if you are stuck. But choice in which boss to go at is toxic for the mid-skilled guilds. It often cause drama because people know a raid-night does not have enough time to clear all wings, so there will always be people who want to do a specific wing first, or prefer to skip a specific wing altogether.
    I still remember the drama we had once in ICC because some raiders did not want to do the lead-in wing up to Saurfang and didn't want to wipe on Putricide. So they did not sign up for the "farm+progress" 1st raid of the week, but wanted to just wait for blood+frost clear and then putricide. To "punish" then us raid leaders swapped the schedule and we farmed everything on day-1 blood+frost+up to putricide and that caused a bunch of people to almost ragequit the raid group. Linear raids do not have this problem.
    On the other hand I understand it being really good for low-skill raids, so they do not get blocked by the same boss week after week, or the hardcores who has a stable attendance rooster anyway. But for those in between it was pretty brutal.

Honestly the most fun time for me in raids was in Cataclysm tier 1. Black Wing Descent, Throne of the Four Winds and Bastion of Twilight.
    Sure most raids were awesome and very good when they came out for the time it was.

Sure I loved Karazhan - mostly because it was a special time and I played it with some very special people that I still remember and sometimes chat with. But the raid itself was not very great. Come on be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    That's not how you spell Eye of Eternity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Icecrown, Ulduar, Vanilla naxx and Suncrown where all better than throne of thunder.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I started playing during Wrath, so I never got to experience AQ40 back in its Heyday. But it is still a pretty ugly raid and a tedious experience soloing it years later.
    I only think AQ40 gets a free pass because of the legacy tards who are blinded by their rose tinted goggles.
    yeah pretty much (you know its bad cause im playing vanilla, and even i think AQ is a fucking mess)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Nothing says Panda-baby like the OP.
    Joined in WOTLK tyvm.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    What's next, people claiming TotGC being the pinnacle of raiding and game design as a whole?..

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Lets admit it, Throne of Thunder was the best raid released to date and 5.2 was the 2nd best patch of WoW yet [5.4 was the best patch].
    No, just no. ToT might've been aesthetically appealing to the eye, and I can give some credit to the atmosphere and different thematically tiers it used for its wings (troll tier, underground tier, labatorium tier, upper wings), but other than that it wasn't anything special. Most of the bosses were just a pain to do, and you just meet them all by walking a single hallway with the only exception of some more open areas being underground. The lore is also not THAT great as most MoP lovers like to make it out to be, if you just play WoW without reading any books then Lei Shen and the rest of the mogu are just random villains coming out of nowhere. I felt no satisfaction killing Lei Shen at all, he's like the whole defination of a filler boss.

I don't agree with it being the 2nd best patch either, the best ones are imo 2.4, 3.1 and 3.3. So 5/2 would still reach the top 5 atleast.

TOT was pretty crappy, but at least it was better than SoO. Even though WOD was a really bad expansion overall every single raid was better than the MOP ones.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    That's not how you spell Ulduar.
    do you spell it as K A R A Z H A N?

5.4 the best patch of the game? What did you like, mindless grinding ad infinitum on the Timeless Isle or spending over a year in Siege of Orgrimmar (which, honestly, I was sick of before I finished my first clear of it.)

ToT was good, I'll gladly admit that, but not the best.

I do hope that they stick to a more wing based layout... it serves them well, and it lets you change things up if you need or want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Wont Nighthold be the ToT of legion?
    Nighthold will be close to, if not the best raid we've ever seen imo. The lore behind it combined with the raid itself will leave most people pretty satisfied I think. And then there's that secret spoiler.

There already is. It comes out in two weeks.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    I know you said Ultraxion, but I'm still not sure I can be reading this correctly. So let me get this straight, DRAGON SOUL was a good raid?

I mean, for all 3 raids you listed you really needed to strip out the 14 months duration, and in that case there is something to be said about SoO and HFC. but even if you do... Dragon soul just doesn't make the list for me. Not. Even. Close.
    Dragon Soul was an excellent raid. The only real problems with it were: Reused environments and the first Deathwing encounter not really "feeling" like a boss fight. The bosses were original experiences and were enjoyable fights. I, personally, enjoyed the raid thoroughly. Then again, I also enjoyed Trial of the Grand Crusader, which gets shit on for taking place in one (two) rooms and is never given any credit for how original all of the fights were.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu