Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Direct Link - http://www.worldoflogs.com/ranking/e...c/dps/warrior/

Compare the DPS, then compare the Damage Done between both specs. Go down the list on every boss and note down both of those numbers. As barack said, the statistics show FR Arms is slightly ahead of Fury.
    I understand. My point though is that if you take the current overall Maximum potential (what has actually been done) of all the specs on all the fights, Fury would be the highest overall.

So if we are talking about actual proven potential when averaging all the fights then...

And I think everyone was saying that Fury was the least RNG of the two. Ret and Outlaw Rogue seems high too.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    I understand. My point though is that if you take the current overall Maximum potential (what has actually been done) of all the specs on all the fights, Fury would be the highest overall.

So if we are talking about actual proven potential when averaging all the fights then...
    Fury's max parses are mostly carried by burst AoE padding on adds that would have trivially died to free AoE or don't need to die at all. It's only a few percent behind Arms' damage potential, so a handful of fights that have mass adds to pad on puts it ahead on the max parse charts. See: oozes on Il'gynoth, spiders on Elerethe, horrors on Dragons, and tentacles on Xavius.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2017-01-02 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    Fury's max parses are mostly carried by burst AoE padding on adds that would have trivially died to free AoE or don't need to die at all. It's only a few percent behind Arms' damage potential, so a handful of fights that have mass adds to pad on puts it ahead on the max parse charts. See: oozes on Il'gynoth, spiders on Elerethe, horrors on Dragons, and tentacles on Xavius.
    Good point, but I was told the fights below are mostly single target fights and Fury is parsing very high on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Fury Warrior beating all the other Warriors on Ursoc doesn't seem to be padding at all.

Good point, but I was told the fights below are mostly single target fights and Fury is parsing very high on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Fury Warrior beating all the other Warriors on Ursoc doesn't seem to be padding at all.

That Fury warrior has Aggramar's stride and execute ring legendaries. My guess is his movement speed is huge with Aggramar's Stide since main stat of fury is haste, so he can just follow Ursoc/guarm when they charge/leap away and that way get an advantage compared to other dps. Also at ilvl 892 equiped he should be quite close to a majority of arms warriors in single target damage anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    That Fury warrior has Aggramar's stride and execute ring legendaries. My guess is his movement speed is huge with Aggramar's Stide since main stat of fury is haste, so he can just follow Ursoc/guarm when they charge/leap away and that way get an advantage compared to other dps. Also at ilvl 892 equiped he should be quite close to a majority of arms warriors in single target damage anyway
    I have Aggramar's stride. It is hella convenient, I am always rolling with 125+% MS. Sure it will help you when you are trying to chase a boss, but have you seen how fast Ursoc and Guarm zoom around? Their charge is at like 300-400% MS. With Aggramar's stride maybe you get an extra second or two of DPS before they get ouf of range. It is definitely not as big a DPS increase as helm or maybe even the shitty cloak...

Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    I have Aggramar's stride. It is hella convenient, I am always rolling with 125+% MS. Sure it will help you when you are trying to chase a boss, but have you seen how fast Ursoc and Guarm zoom around? Their charge is at like 300-400% MS. With Aggramar's stride maybe you get an extra second or two of DPS before they get ouf of range. It is definitely not as big a DPS increase as helm or maybe even the shitty cloak...
    Id agree helm is probably better together with ring, but cloak is not very good for this fight since stacks will fall off easily. Maybe it's better than boots idk. Oh well It seems they had really good dps overall with 2:37 kill time so any dps in that group will rank high. One of their hunters ranked 1st aswell.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-01-02 at 03:25 PM.

That's why I said mostly and listed the bosses where it was being carried by mostly useless DPS. And again, the difference between Fury and Arms isn't all that large, like 5%. That fury war has a 54 point artifact and 892 ilvl compared to the arms war just behind with a 43 point artifact and 891. Just given the same artifact weapon level, the Arms parse would've been 731.75k dps, a good 40k ahead. Max rank parses just see too much variability like that to be all that useful.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

*snip*

And I think everyone was saying that Fury was the least RNG of the two. Ret and Outlaw Rogue seems high too.
    Max parses are useless. The only thing they can show is who happened to get top RNG. If you go to 99th percentile (which is still heavily influenced by luck) Fury already drops way down:

Or how about looking at the actual Ursoc ranks?

That's an awful lot of Arms parses compared to Fury parses.

I don't mean to derail but am curious on a few comparisons...

For general m+ anything from 5-20 does Fury seem the stronger spec?
    Again for M+ how does Fury compare to say... Outlaw and Ret? I guess it's fairer to go arms vs ret and fury vs outlaw? Raid wise also would be interested to see how warriors compare to the other 2 specs ..

Only asking as lvling ret, outlaw and at the moment fury for the order hall achieve but would love to accompany my dh on 1 for M+/raiding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I don't mean to derail but am curious on a few comparisons...

For general m+ anything from 5-20 does Fury seem the stronger spec?
    Again for M+ how does Fury compare to say... Outlaw and Ret? I guess it's fairer to go arms vs ret and fury vs outlaw? Raid wise also would be interested to see how warriors compare to the other 2 specs ..

Only asking as lvling ret, outlaw and at the moment fury for the order hall achieve but would love to accompany my dh on 1 for M+/raiding
    Fury does better because of the sustained (and quick CD recharges) AoE.

Excellent... Then is the race change from blood elf to goblin/troll worth it? Apart from obviously looking awesome (who doesn't like a tiny character holding 2 handers?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually curious on how Ret does when compared to both Warrior specs.

Arms will pull way ahead with the trinket and 2 piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Excellent... Then is the race change from blood elf to goblin/troll worth it? Apart from obviously looking awesome (who doesn't like a tiny character holding 2 handers?)
    I don't know what you mean by "worth it." I'm pretty sure that playing the best race for a class isn't as significant as it used to be compared to the past, but if you want to switch to Troll for the highest DPS output for Horde, then yes I guess it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Yeah that was pretty much it, since the difference is ~1% I'll just go with whoever has the nicest transmog potential... Female Goblin/Female Troll! #downwithorcs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgnome View Post
    Max parses are useless. The only thing they can show is who happened to get top RNG. If you go to 99th percentile (which is still heavily influenced by luck) Fury already drops way down:

Or how about looking at the actual Ursoc ranks?

That's an awful lot of Arms parses compared to Fury parses.
    Well, Arms is the best single target spec after shadow priests atm, no wonder they are up there.
    On the other hand, it makes no sense to post the top parses, since they are all heavily affected by good RNG. And everyone knows that Arms has huge dps swings affected by RNG. Only because the spec has the highest dmg potential, doesnt make it best on average. It would be much more represantative to look at the 75th percentiles (where arms warriors shine aswell).

Burst AoE vs. ST. On adds, no questions about Fury exceling, on ST, FR Arms dominates.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems Fury has pulled ahead. Thoughts?

It seems Fury has pulled ahead. Thoughts?
    I like that. I prefer Fury's style and in my mind Arms was always THE PvP spec.

Deleted
    Looking at heroic nighthold logs it seems fury clearly pulled ahead of arms.
    This may change when all players obtain bis trinkets and 4pc, but i really doubt it.
    Draught of souls is just crazy for fury, hopefully they dont nerf it, got a heroic one yesterday.
    The bosses in nighthold favour fury with all the adds, war machine has become a very viable talent for me on some fights.
    And if people talk about fury scumbag aoe, it IS important. On guldan hc for example, the eyes must die asap. I saved my CDs for them everytime and it helped the raid a lot.