Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayong View Post
    Surprised I made it this far in the thread without someone mentioning it (unless I missed it). The build is not tagged as a release candidate. Release x 64 simply means that it was compiled targeting 64 bit architecture, and with optimizations enabled. The alternative being Debug x 64 which builds debug symbols / information that makes it easier to debug issues.

Every single PTR build will be Release x 64 and it has nothing to do with being a release candidate or not. It's just the target configuration from Visual Studio. Nothing more.
    There goes all hopes of Jan 3rd release.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Must be hard to read, too. 7.1.5 and Nighthold are not releasing together as Blizzard said in the post you linked.

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

Edit: To clarify a bit, and expand on something I should have mentioned originally - with this I meant the PTR is in flux, and there's a lot of tuning to be done still prior to 7.1.5 and Nighthold's release - but we also don't agree that the state of the PTR is bad. We wouldn't drop a patch with major class changes in the middle of a raid tier, as even we agree that would be silly.
    Must be hard to read, too. That quote is saying that Nighthold =/= 7.1.5. that doesnt mean that they cant be released on the same day. just saying that they could be in separate days.

Deleted
    The maintenance has said 15min restarts for like 4-5 days...

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Must be hard to read, too. That quote is saying that Nighthold =/= 7.1.5. that doesnt mean that they cant be released on the same day. just saying that they could be in separate days.
    If you actually use common sense when reading it you'd understand they are saying it's not going to be on the same day, and it definitely won't be after. Don't try and be smart.

Deleted
    If you actually use common sense when reading it you'd understand they are saying it's not going to be on the same day, and it definitely won't be after. Don't try and be smart.
    nope you are wrong. Shonist is right. All that post is saying is that they are independent of each other.

However,
    I am certain the patch is releasing January 10th/11th, because it would be pretty dumb to release a big class changes patch on the day a new raid opens, but that is not something you can extract from the blue post.

you guys are still forgetting that nighthold can be pushed back to whenever they feel like

the only blue post regarding the release date said that they're aiming for the 17th, it's still possible to get pushed back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leakage View Post
    you guys are still forgetting that nighthold can be pushed back to whenever they feel like

the only blue post regarding the release date said that they're aiming for the 17th, it's still possible to get pushed back
    Yes it is a possibility especially in the light of Blizzard has to actually do a lot of stuff for it. And what I mean by that is seeing 7.1.5 in effect and actually ironing out the bugs and imbalance. There are always players who find new tricks that Blizzard hasn't thought of.
    And also they have to adjust mythic+ loot. Blizzard said they would up it with NH, but so far we haven't seen a plan for it and they definitively can't keep it like that with NH, because who would do mythic+11-15 which is 10 times harder than NH NHC but rewards worse loot.

Still if I had to take a bet I'd still heavily favor the 17th compared to a pushback.

Didnt they say Jan 17th?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Well looks like 3th wont be the date(i hate you blizzard 10 offdays and nothing to do in that time)
    If we are lucky maybe will get the patch a week before raid(unless there isnt new tech who will ready servers for patch in 15 mins restart)
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-01-02 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Didnt they say Jan 17th?
    they havent confirmed or denied anything. they're very tight lipped about it.
    Hi

what? No, they are clearly saying 7.1.5 =/= nighthold. Not what you are saying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    nope you are wrong. Shonist is right. All that post is saying is that they are independent of each other.

However,
    I am certain the patch is releasing January 10th/11th, because it would be pretty dumb to release a big class changes patch on the day a new raid opens, but that is not something you can extract from the blue post.
    well it wont be the mythic race that is affected... so who knows it could be...
    but itsl ikey to be the week before

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    hes getting the date of nighthold confused
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

They cannot release next patch with class changes at the same time as the new raid. I expect a patch for the class changes this week or next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    well Blizzard has allways used live instead of ptr for balancing anyway
    Hopefully there's one more round of PTR adjustment before they drop the patch, some of the changes don't really make too much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    This is what they (Blizzard) said, people can confer what they want from it:

Which brings us to the release date for Nighthold itself: We are aiming to unlock Normal and Heroic Nighthold on January 17, 2017. Raid Finder wings and Mythic difficulty will release during the weeks following, which we will share more specific details on at a later time.
    "Aiming" being the ambiguous word in the whole thing.

what? No, they are clearly saying 7.1.5 =/= nighthold. Not what you are saying.
    They don't release two things on the same patch day and say they aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    This is what they (Blizzard) said, people can confer what they want from it:

"Aiming" being the ambiguous word in the whole thing.
    Well offtopic but they've been aiming no content droughts for years and how did that work out?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

They don't release two things on the same patch day and say they aren't the same thing.
    they say they aren't the same thing, letting you know that they could be in separate days. COULD. they did not said "WE WILL NOT RELEASE THEM TOGETHER". they just pointed out that they are not the same thing.

if the patch is ready to go, good then, they can release before nighthold, if is not good to go and it will be when nighthold opens okey too.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Which classes are getting completely overhauled? Can't really think of any, sure some get significant changes, while for other classes are generally smaller. But i don't see any complete overhauls where most of the core mechanics of a class completely change with how they were before like you usually see in between expansions.

For Raid Tier patches with a quite some class changes check for example most of the tier release patchnotes from vanilla to the end of MoP, this happened nearly every raid tier patch up to WoD atleast and those raids were usually open for progress at the highest difficulty the same night that the patch released.
    Demon hunters are getting a vast talent reorganization which changes several rotational talents and a stat change which shifts our gearing pretty heftily

Deleted
    they say they aren't the same thing, letting you know that they could be in separate days. COULD. they did not said "WE WILL NOT RELEASE THEM TOGETHER". they just pointed out that they are not the same thing.

if the patch is ready to go, good then, they can release before nighthold, if is not good to go and it will be when nighthold opens okey too.
    Good lord, that's reaching. It would be stupid to release 7.1.5 and Nighhold on the same day, what would they do, shut the servers down, put the Nighthold up and then an hour later do another shutdown to put up 7.1.5?

They might as well do the whole lot in one go...which they have said they won;t do.

It doesn;t make any sense at all to release a raid tier and then dump a bunch of class changes after that.

They'll release 7.1.5 to settle in the class/gear changes and then have players take that into Nighthold. For one thing a significant amount of Nighthold testing on the PTR has been done with the class and gear changes. But mainly...you don't want players taking significantly changed classes into a new raid tier without letting them try out and get accustomed to the new stuff.

Shadow Priests have got some heavy changes to work with as did Demon Hunters, I'm guessing you'll get mages swapping out of fire and into arcane or frost, affliction warlocks got some changes too...etc.

Blizz themselve shave said they won;t dropclass changes like these "in the middle of a raid tier" by which they mean they won;t open a raid tier and then dump class changes on players just after. They just dont; want players to have to adapt to new raid enounters and class changes at the same time. My guess is that they actuall yhoped to get 7.1.5 out before the holiday break but couldn't make it.

The last set of changes on the PTR were a numbers hotfix, which means it's pretty much done.