Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Rewarded with what? You are parsing in the 80s and 90s.

Are you in a mythic progression guild?

Are you not pulling your weight? Are you performing better than your team mates?

Context matters here.
    context doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    context doesn't matter
    Well stop the presses Kreeshak said so. /thread

Deleted
    Legendary system is fine everyone! You were all wrong!11
    My hc farm logs with rune/food/flask/2xPot parse at 77%. Some scrublord alt DH who uses no consumables and parsed at 39%.
    We both have no bis legendaries.
    This means bis legendaries have no significant impact to your characters! I REPEAT: legendaries have no impact to your characters!1111!
    Just enjoy a game where you spent 30hrs grinding m+ with no bis leg drop and repeat to yourself that it is fine because you can still outperform casuals with bis legs who are failing at 5 button rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    comparing two trinkets to a single item?

NotLikeThis

You realize trinkets the most powerful item slot after weapons, right? You can't just compare TWO god damn trinkets to a glove slot, for example, or even worse a ring.
    Oh yeah, it's 2 slots so even if it's more than 10%(more than the gloves) it should be treated like nothing.

Not sure why you are arguing when both examples are way overbudget(same problem), and for the trinket argument it's even more silly, because we are comparing the 3rd and 4th BiS trinket with those top 2, imagine you are using even shittier ones, the difference gets bigger, at least gloves if you don't get it, you can still aim for the best stat epic and it's rather easy to get, there is technically no limit for trying to get the legendary, whereas arcano you have 1 chance in a couple months.

At the end of the day its not going to make or break in mythic raiding or high end M+, so the problem with trinkets is worse than that gloves because of the world boss loot design.
    Last edited by glycerethe; 2017-01-02 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so you are parsing 95 % instead of 100 % - who the f.. cares really - people like you are 0,1 % of playerbase - negligible - stop trying to f.. over the game for 99,9 % of players - people liek you are reason why we ended with wod :/
    yeah he's fucking over rest of the playerbase by.. advocating for better dropchance or legendary system?

I don't get why some people blindly defends anything Blizzard does when its clear how disastrous the current legendary system is.

I've got 1 BiS, 1 that will be after 7.1.5 situational, but good for me. I'm not some Mythic Big Hard boy. I'm just a regular Heroic raider who does Mythic+ and has played for a long time, 10ish years with almost no breaks. Here are my thoughts on this system, cause fuck it that is what we are basically doing here as it is all opinion on is the system fun and functional:

I don't like it. Not because to be king badass you got to have X gear etc, but because for a lot of specs to feel right you really need that piece of gear. It is like a crappy band aid for just not making the spec work correctly. Take my BiS, it really isn't game breaking, but damn does it make my spec perform a lot smoother and the difference between having it and not having it was fairly noticeable. Before there were resource starving moments that for a tank were scary, and afterwards I could really do what I needed when I needed, still required some thought and planning (pooling a resource etc) which before attempting to pool I was becoming a heal drain or stood a chance at getting crushed or had to use a CD at a time when using a CD wasn't really optimal. I find this aspect really annoying, we've had this before with set pieces for sure, but not every spec and not nearly as dramatic a few times I can think of my lock where play style totally changed around my set piece BRF Demo is a good example (they went on to gut the spec after that).

This is my biggest complaint, also tied with making the comparison to set pieces again (really the only pieces beyond trinkets that can dramatically change a spec in some fashion), you could target them and actively seek them. And if you were in a competent guild, you could usually end up with the pieces you needed in a fairly timely fashion based on kills. This system is just a little too slot machine for me. I like the old Legendary systems better, either generic for a few classes, rare enough to not be a factor, or were quest based be it the Shadowmourne style or the MoP/WoD versions (basically the Artifact weapon now).

For me personally these random drop legendaries don't add enough fun and excitement to cancel out the annoyance and spec limiting. Spec limiting in the sense that the specs could perform the way the legos make them out of the gate since these items are expansion long upgrades and actually modify your spec sometimes. Therefore the devs create the specs in a way that allows these items to exist, meaning they gimp the spec intentionally so the item can be the boon that it is. I don't like that. I find this system to no be as rewarding vs the annoyance it creates across the board. I'm sure some like it and some hate it, but honestly if your spec performed as it does with the legos from the start would and they weren't in the game, would you miss them? Notice they don't exist? Or even be having a worse game play experience? I can bet the honest answer to that is, no. So from the aspect of is it cool is it fun, I just don't think it is there.

BIS legendaries significantly increase performance universally, with some that make a larger difference than others. The system randomly rewards players, with outliers as a result. Eventually, more and more players will accumulate the BIS legendaies based on the caliber of content they participate in, and the large gaps in performance will close. The system sacrifices smooth initial gearing for truly meaningful drops. The initial frustration associated with the system is common and understandable. Why is this hard to take seriously?

I am under no delusion that getting a second BiS is going to magically catapult me into the 90th percentile on fights. Practicing my rotation and building overall gear stats is what will help me inch closer to that top level of play.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/18063311/10/
    Lol I notice you got your other BiS legendary and are now ranking 95%+

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Lol I notice you got your other BiS legendary and are now ranking 95%+
    No my average is still under 80%.

I did pull 96th on Xavius the week because I got lucky with tenticle spawn locations (a bunch popped right next to him) so I could cheese the parse on phase 3 by spamming Divine Storm + Crusade.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-02 at 07:37 PM.

No my average is still under 80%.

I did pull 96th on Xavius the week because I got lucky with tenticle spawn locations (a bunch popped right next to him) so I could cheese the parse on phase 3 by spamming Divine Storm + Crusade.
    You were over 92% this entire raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nkings&fight=1

(and 92 was ur lowest)
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-01-02 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Then i dont see the point of the thread
    The point is he wanted to shame some dh who doesnt play well and pretend that is evidence tye players concerns arent valid even though its the same concern held by many good players. As if having lower parses means you have no claim. Its pretty clear that even for a shitty player, a bis legendary will give a big dps boost.

You were over 92% this entire raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nkings&fight=1

(and 92 was ur lowest)
    I've had an increase of about 6% dps looking at fights from the beginning of the month to the end of the month.

Guess what also happened in that time frame? Going from AP rank 34 to 40+ which is just a flat out damage increase along with other item upgrades, that includes the Cloak.

Trust me, someone who is better at this game could take my same character and probably do 99% consistently. Which goes back to my point, most people bitching have a playing problem, not an item problem.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-02 at 07:39 PM.

I think Unholy DKs would like a word with you. The difference between viable and not viable one is exactly 1 item drop, regardless of skill.

Btw, thread like this is why not everyone should be allowed to make one based solely on data obtained from WoW log parses.

I've had an increase of about 6% dps looking at fights from the beginning of the month to the end of the month.

Guess what also happened in that time frame? Going from AP rank 34 to 40+ which is just a flat out damage increase along with other item upgrades, that includes the Cloak.

Trust me, someone who is better at this game could take my same character and probably do 99% consistently. Which goes back to my point, most people bitching have a playing problem, not an item problem.
    So you're not averaging 80% like you said a couple posts ago? You're just making up numbers to fit your bias.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...er/3764809/10/

This Ret doesn't even have a DPS legendary. Imagine what your cloak/ring would catapult them to. Additionally, people are calling you out for your percentile given your legendaries, but your guild's kill times are really slow. There isn't much you can do about that.
    Last edited by Mayong; 2017-01-02 at 07:46 PM.

So you're not averaging 80% like you said a couple posts ago? You're just making up numbers to fit your bias.
    Do you know what the word average means? I can't say my average is not something its not. I have good runs and bad runs (aka getting Rot 5 times on Nythendra vs getting zero rots).

You are trying to formulate an absolute based on one raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayong View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...er/3764809/10/

This Ret doesn't even have a DPS legendary. Imagine what your cloak/ring would catapult them to. Additionally, people are calling you out for your percentile given your legendaries, but your guild's kill times are really slow. There isn't much you can do about that.
    Exactly my point. I am NOT a top tier player. This goes to the point that learning to play better is more important than gear in a lot of these arguments (see OP).

Do you know what the word average means? I can't say my average is not something its not.
    I can't believe i am explaining this. You said you are still averaging under 80%, yet every rank since you got your second bis legendary was over 92%. How can you be averaging less than 80% now? Do you understand what an average is?

I can't believe i am explaining this. You said you are still averaging under 80%, yet every rank since you got your second bis legendary was over 92%. How can you be averaging less than 80% now? Do you understand what an average is?
    He'd probably be averaging 97+ on every fight if half of his raid actually knew how to play their class.

This is how using stats to confirm your bias works. He's still using an average of all runs from whenever start date he chooses instead of looking at the average of the runs using a start date for the data of equipping the second Lego. This is without me looking at the data and just taking your word for it. But yea, he wouldn't be able to average below 80% if he is hitting 90% and above every time since the equip of the second Lego.

Now you are just being obtuse.

constituting the result obtained by adding together several quantities and then dividing this total by the number of quantities.
    I do, do you?