10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like every team is inconsistent in some way this year, except the Falcons and the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't see how you can say you have had little impact - think of David Johnson. What a monster!
    A great player on a so-so team. I already stated my view on an MVP.

Stats matter but also I think winning, hence the impact a player has, is important too. If a player's stats are great but his team has a losing or otherwise poor record that is not the MVP in my opinion.

I'm not necessarily accusing Brady of cheating this year...
    Then it is irrelevant.

How is Rodgers the least impressive?
    I already said: "He's tied for most Ints, has the lowest passer rating, lowest completion rating, fewest yards per attempt and most yards lost on sacks. And Rogers played 4 more games than Brady. The only thing helping Rogers is his notably great footwork & agility allowing Rogers to run the ball. But Prescott is nearly there and has a stronger passing game than Rogers."

Prescott impressed me more this year. He would be my MVP choice if I had a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Pockitt View Post
    What prior games? Rodgers wasn't playing at the level he is known for early in the season but it wasn't like his numbers were terrible.. His defense giving up 30+ points in 4 back to back games is the biggest reason why he had to do what he did. Being MVP is not all about pretty stats and having a flawless season.. It's about being the most VALUABLE player. It's about putting your team on your back when they NEED you the most. Are we holding Brady's 4 game suspension against him? No
    He was sub 100 QBR for a majority of their first 10 games, being MVP is being the person who does the most to consisntently put their team in a winning position. Your team needs you all 16 games, not the last 6 because you went 4-6 to begin the season. If they had won more games early they dont need to run the table, but they didn't in part due to Rodgers. And yes I count Brady playing 25% less games then the other QBs against him, you have to. He had zero impact for those 4 games. The same applies to Rodgers, he played all 16, and while he played great down the strech the early part of the season was rough and he was a part of that.

As far as Ryan's team being intact he has proven throughout the season to be able to score with just about anyone, throwing 2+ TDs to 10 different recievers, a NFL record. Whereas 26/40 of Rodgers have gone to Nelson and Adams.

I think Rodgers, and every other QB deserve it way less then Ryan. It's a big gap between the #1 and #2 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its fine if you just plain dislike Rodgers, but please admit it. Looking at numbers, Rodgers is pretty dominate.
    I don't know the numbers you are looking at, but he leads in TDs. Thats it. Yards, YPA, Completetion %, interceptions, fumbles, rushing yds/tds, etc. And in the first three big categories he really isnt even that close. So I dont know how you call that dominant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think there is any debating that Ryan is the MVP.

Not gonna do my AFC WC picks until three fucking teams in that bracket figure out what QBs are playing.

NFC:

Detroit@Seattle: This one is tough, I really wasn't impressed with Detroits performance last night. They can hang with this Seahawks team for sure though. The big factor is if CJ Prosise is back. If hes good to go, it will be a huge boost to the run game for Seattle and potentially make the offense click again. Seahawks win this at home only to get dick smashed by Atlanta in two weeks.

NYG@GB: This game is the biggest game of the weekend, and potentially shows who will go on a run in the NFC to be capable of upsetting Dallas and maybe even Atlanta. I'm taking GB. Defense has really played well enough to really give Eli issues at GB.

Picks for wildcard weekend:

NFC

DET@SEA: Seattle. If the Seattle that played against TB or GB shows up the Lions have a chance, but they havent looked good in 5 weeks, and before that were winning ugly games. They need to figure out their offense otherwise Seattle should make easy work of them. SEA 24-13

NYG@GB: NYG, a close one and one that could easily swing either way I think. Giants defense will hold just well enough for Rodgers to be staved off. NYG 17-14

AFC

OAK@HOU: Houston. I think theyll win although I am not looking at either team doing much, as Oakland without Carr seemed aimless sunday. HOU 24-17

MIA@PIT: PIT. I think this should be the game of the weekend, although PIT like SEA has shown up very confusedly to games they shouldn't have. Think this game turns into a shootout and Ben, Brown, and Bell eek out a win. PIT 37-31.

Also: 2017 home and away games have been announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    NYG@GB: This game is the biggest game of the weekend, and potentially shows who will go on a run in the NFC to be capable of upsetting Dallas and maybe even Atlanta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The NYG@GB is probably the biggest toss up for me right now.
    Agreed. I think this is the biggest game and the only one that will make a real difference in this first week end. A hot Aaron Rodgers lead Packers team or a hot Eli lead Giants team is what no one in NFC or AFC wants to see.

Both those teams would be in my top 3 teams of likely upset Superbowl winners (i.e. non-bye week teams).

10+ Year Old Account

Earl dropping hot takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Earl dropping hot takes.
    Well, he was out for the Packers game where the Seahawks looked completely lost and he likely would have made a big difference in the Cardinals loss as well. I wouldn't say he is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

It's weird. McDaniels and Patricia, Patriots coordinators, had interest last year too for HC gigs, but especially McDaniels seems to have more this year. At first I thought that McD had decided it was about time after this year, especially since he did that indepth interview a while back (which I linked in here at some point). But I had this random thought. Belichick is always pushing his players to get better every day, so one would assume the same thing is true for his coaches. Belichick has also put quite some time into grooming others in the organization to take over if McD or Patricia goes their own way.

So, what if Belichick is actually pushing McDaniels to find his own gig? In an effort to promote others in the organization and continue the flow of talent in the organization instead of having people stagnate and get too comfortable in their spots and stop growing, or worse, take up jobs elsewhere cause there's no options to grow in New England?

I have nothing to base this on in terms of rumours or anything, but it seems such a Belichick thing to do. But yeah, random thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, some serious shade thrown at the Bills ownership and front office here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-or-influence/

Literally saying " the Whaley press conference was a disaster for an already dysfunctional organization."

I wonder which situation is perceived worse around the league, 49'ers or Bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It triggers me that you are mixing/matching the team names with the city names.... With the Pats you even did both.
    Agreed, I'll get behind him and you push!

For now, I'll take the "shade" being thrown at the Bill's ownership and GM with a grain of salt. Obviously, I'm disappointed with the product they have produced.

I do not think Rex was the coach Doug Whaley (gm) wanted. The new ownership knew the Ryan name and made him (Rex) their first hire. Now they realized their error, and are letting the GM pick his guy. If the next coach is a total fail, I would expect there to be a complete overhaul done by the owners.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I wonder which situation is perceived worse around the league, 49'ers or Bills.
    Probably the 49ers, but only because they have the son of owners that got the team when they shouldn't have failing horribly at trying to make a Madden franchise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Alright, let's do some prognosticating which is actually black and white:

NFC:

Detroit at Seattle: Seattle. Just on homefield alone, and I think they'll be fired up for this first one.

Giants at Green Bay: Giants. Green Bay has been playing better lately, but so have the Giants. I trust in defense, and the Giants defense is much better.

Seattle at Atlanta: Atlanta. I think Seattle had the advantage in the first match up because they were home, I think the same thing holds true for Atlanta in the rematch.

Giants at Dallas: Dallas. I think the Cowboys will finally exact revenge for their previous 2 losses. Homefield advantage is also going to be a factor.

Atlanta at Dallas: Dallas. They have the better O-line and I think it will neutralize the Falcons strong point on defense, their pass rush. I also think Dallas will run over the Falcons and control time of possession, allowing less time for Julio and Ryan to work their magic.

AFC:

Oakland at Texans: Texans. I just don't think a rookie making his first start against that quality Texans defense is going to fare well. When these teams met in Mexico it took Carr playing well to eventually beat them. Without Carr and without "homefield" advantage like they had in Mexico, I think the Texans will drag this one out. Yes, even if they have to go back to Osweiller.

Miami at Pittsburgh: Miami. I'm smelling an upset here. Miami has been frisky and the Steelers inconsistent. If teh Steelers play like they should, they are the better team and should win. I just think they won't. They've taken whole halves of games off this season and that won't cut it in the playoffs.

Texans at Chiefs: Chiefs. It won't be as embarrassing as last season's playoffs, but Texans will still crash and burn. Osweiller or Savage against that defense is no match.

Miami at New England: New England. Miami might catch the Steelers unaware, but not the Patriots. Will be a closer game than we just had yesterday in Miami, but Miami still lacks the over all team quality to compete.

Chiefs at Patriots: Patriots. Homefield advantage will be the deciding factor. This is the hardest game to predict, followed by the NFC Giants-Dallas part 3 game I predict will happen. If I get either of those games wrong it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Superbowl Patriots at Dallas in Houston. Not making any predictions for this yet, cause it's going to be a miracle if I even get this correct.

Who do you all have?

Just Wildcard and Divisional round for now

NFC:

Detroit at Seattle: Seattle. Seattle is in a slump, not in a coma.

Giants at Green Bay: Green Bay. On neutral ground, I'd give this one to NY, much better defense. In Lambeau Field Rodgers is going to hail mary it somehow.

Seattle at Atlanta: Atlanta. The longer this game stays close, the better Seattle's chances. However I don't think it will be close.

Green Bay at Dallas: Dallas. Don't trust the QB rookie in his first play-off game. Don't fully trust the RB rookie in his first play-off game. Don't really trust Garrett on this level. Still a reasonably complete team vs a flawed one and maybe homefield advantage - but I wouldn't be surprised if I see more cheeseheads than Cowboy hats.

edit: meh killed half my post when formatting, gonna repost
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2017-01-03 at 01:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heres my predictions, you totally won't see any semblance from any other user's post here! And I can say without any doubt my Texas bias is interfering with my predictions.

NFC:

Detroit at Seattle: Detroit. Honestly...every time I see Seattle I just think they just seem so weak. Their offense is not great and defense is barely good to me. Not that Detroit is much better but they seem a bit more prepared. Either could realistically win it.

New York at Green Bay: New York. New York man. While Green Bay has seemed to finally get stable, I am giving this to the NY defense. Though any given day, Eli could run like a giraffe.

Detroit at Dallas: Dallas. I got to root for my Cowboys. I could see the pressure finally getting to the rookies, but I think they can manage it here. YEE HAWW.

New York at Atlanta: Atlanta. Damn this will be a great game. While it has been joked about Mattie Ice and all that...he seemed dependable this season.

Atlanta at Dallas: Dallas. Wait did I say Mattie Ice is stable? Who the fuck am I kidding? Mattie Ice is gonna ice out here. Atlanta have dived out of the playoffs so easily so many other times, I don't see them getting any farther than here.

AFC:

Oakland at Houston: Houston. The battle of the shitty QBs! Who will win? Naw, I ultimately don't see this as being about QBs, but more of a Rushing/Defense here and Houston has better stats than Oakland. So let my Texas bias continue while Oakland fans will have a hissy fit.

Miami at Pittsburgh: Miami. Honestly I don't give two shits about who wins this, so I will just copy....er creatively borrowing what ever @xskarma said.

Houston at Chiefs: Chiefs. One of them actually has a workable QB....sometimes....I see the Chiefs winning here.

Miami at New England: New England. Do we really need to explain why? New England has been the most stable team of this decade, always making it in the playoffs, and even when they loss they still try their hardest and don't implode.

Chiefs at New England: New England. These Yankeys are going to make it all the way man. While the Chiefs are stable, they will bow out here under pressure. This is where Belichick's experience is going to just win out, his pure experience and all the work he has spent creating a dynasty will win here.

Superbowl New England at Dallas in Houston.
    Screw @xskarma! I am going to give you a prediction! This game is going to end up like Superbowl XLVIII-XLIX. Where it is this young fresh blood vs hard work by an organization to just be great. I think Dallas is going to win here. Even though New England has such a good organization, the pure talent and youngness of Dallas will win out. And lets not forget home-field advantage, while they are not in Dallas, I have no doubt people from here will cheer for the Cowboys, and it is not that far for them to even travel.
    Last edited by apepi; 2017-01-03 at 07:39 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to subscribe to Apepi's newsletter.

Atlanta is going to have the distraction of Shanahan interviewing with multiple teams this week, so that could hurt them like it tends to do other times this happens to teams. Also probably won't be an issue with the teams in the playoffs this year, but some coaches don't prepare for playoff games regardless because just making it is good enough for them (Hi John Fox).

10+ Year Old Account
    If Seattle can actually limp past Detroit and New York can pull what I honestly think is a somewhat unlikely win against the Packers, then I legitimately see the Cowboys falling to the Giants. Probably the most likely scenario for the Cowboys not making the Super Bowl. Eli knows how to play spoiler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't throw MVP at a guy who's team goes 3-1 without him.

It should go to a player where the team simply doesn't function without him there. If he doesn't play you might as well change the channel and chalk an L.

Ryan, Carr and Johnson have all been that guy for their teams this season. The Falcons and the Raiders wouldn't be in postseason without their QBs and the Cardinals would likely be sitting at the top of the draft if Johnson didn't do nearly 300 carries on the season, tied 3rd, and second on total yards with that questionable oline.

Each of those guys either made the players around them better, or made them look better by playing to the point they papered over the cracks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Can't throw MVP at a guy who's team goes 3-1 without him.

It should go to a player where the team simply doesn't function without him there. If he doesn't play you might as well change the channel and chalk an L.

Ryan, Carr and Johnson have all been that guy for their teams this season. The Falcons and the Raiders wouldn't be in postseason without their QBs and the Cardinals would likely be sitting at the top of the draft if Johnson didn't do nearly 300 carries on the season, tied 3rd, and second on total yards with that questionable oline.

Each of those guys either made the players around them better, or made them look better by playing to the point they papered over the cracks.
    Couldn't agree more. You want to give MVP to Belichick then that's fine, but there 3-1 streak questions if he truly is as valuable as vaunted. They always give MVP to playoff teams, but people like Larry Fitzgerald blow my mind every year despite the fact his team wasn't stellar this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight. here's my take.

NFC

Lions @ Seattle = Seattle. Seattle has been a strong team this year though inconsistent. There's been some heated disputes between players recently though I'm sure they'll solve that out. If seattle shows up I'm sure they'll win. I haven't seen many Lions game but the ones I have they seemed to fizzle out pretty badly second half and not much gets done.

Giants @ Packers = Giants? Giants seem to have a fairly well rounded team. Strong offence and just strong enough defence to edge out GB's offence. This will be a close game I feel.

AFC

Raiders @ Texans = Texans Neither team with their starting QB, though Raiders seem way more crippled without Carr after last weeks showing. Feel like Texans should edge this one out. double digit point difference I think.

Dolphins @ Steelers = Dolphins Majorly biased, but Dolphins have already done it once this year, they can do it again! If Jay Ajayi has his day and Dolphins don't turnover I feel like they will win.

I'm a noob, don't hate.

I think the NFC is way more balanced in terms of who can win the championship. I feel like AFC its either Patriots (as much as I ahte to say it) or KC and no one else.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-01-03 at 05:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we're getting the AFC West next year, because the schedule hates us. Including the Raiders and Broncos on the road.