Question about cards in SLI

Hello.

Simple question but couldn't find an answer.

I have two GPUs in my PC, connected via an SLI bridge.

Because reasons, I want to disable SLI for a few tests. I noticed that when I disable SLI, it will obviously only use one card, but that card is always the same one. It's always GPU A thats active, and GPU B thats doing nothing.

Is there a way to switch without physically opening the computer and switching? I want B to be active and A to be idle, but rather not open the case and lose my warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    Hello.

Simple question but couldn't find an answer.

I have two GPUs in my PC, connected via an SLI bridge.

Because reasons, I want to disable SLI for a few tests. I noticed that when I disable SLI, it will obviously only use one card, but that card is always the same one. It's always GPU A thats active, and GPU B thats doing nothing.

Is there a way to switch without physically opening the computer and switching? I want B to be active and A to be idle, but rather not open the case and lose my warranty.
    I have never heard of a warranty being void simply for opening the case, or for physically switching graphics cards around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I have never heard of a warranty being void simply for opening the case, or for physically switching graphics cards around.
    It is standard practice where I live, sadly. I think it's bullshit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    It is standard practice where I live, sadly. I think it's bullshit too.
    Bummer. Just a racket to make you go pay the seller when stuff needs doing.

Check your motherboards BIOS to see if it has the option to select your primary card. Some have this capability. Some don't.

Put cable into card you want to use, go into device manager and disable the other card, restart. Try that? Or something of this nature, I dunno if you'd wanna do it in safe mode so no drivers are loaded for the cards or change display settings before disabling anything etc...