Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    What does inverting the axis do for gamers that choose to use it, and why is not having it unplayable? I get that it swaps the directions and what not, but does it make it feel like a fight stick or something? I've never played with that setting and never felt like I needed to, so I'm legitimately curious as to why some people feel it is a hardline requirement.
    Some people have played like that for 20-30 years. It's like playing with your left hand if you're right handed, you can probably pull it off but you'll hate every second of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    What does inverting the axis do for gamers that choose to use it, and why is not having it unplayable? I get that it swaps the directions and what not, but does it make it feel like a fight stick or something? I've never played with that setting and never felt like I needed to, so I'm legitimately curious as to why some people feel it is a hardline requirement.
    It's what I've been using for all 3D games for over 20 years. Can't play without it. Playing without it is like changing mouse to your left hand, it's just not possible. Inverting the y-axis is the natural way of controlling an object in 3D space.

Put it on in a game and start playing, if you haven't played with it - you probably can't play with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    In this video <Codex> fights Smage, a dragon world boss that can be summoned in the guild area by combining multiple items from all other world bosses.

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Inverting the y-axis is the natural way of controlling an object in 3D space.
    When mouse look was first implemented into gaming there was a heavy emphasis on simulators in the industry (ex: Red Baron, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, Wing Commander, etc.). When controlling a fighter plane you pull back to point up and push forward to point down, and when you translate that to a mouse it's rolling up to look down and rolling down to look up.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    This:

When mouse look was first implemented into gaming there was a heavy emphasis on simulators in the industry (ex: Red Baron, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, Wing Commander, etc.). When controlling a fighter plane you pull back to point up and push forward to point down, and when you translate that to a mouse it's rolling up to look down and rolling down to look up.
    And the examples you just named are on point, perfect. I don't know a single person, never have, who doesnt play such games in any other way, be it console or pc. But this is an mmo, something completely different, you're not even in first person.

Deleted
    Tried it out but the systems in the game are so complex when you have no idea what they're supposed to do + the game never tells you how they work. Throw some broken chinese dialogue in that is still in the game and you're just completely lost.
    The levelling itself is fucking boring to the point where i started skipping all quest dialogue and the quests themselves are all pushover so far.
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2017-01-03 at 04:54 PM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Tried it out but the systems in the game are so complex when you have no idea what they're supposed to do + the game never tells you how they work. Throw some broken chinese dialogue in that is still in the game and you're just completely lost.
    It's CBT with half arsed translations, they've already come a long way however. Yes there's a lot of complex systems going on and the game does not spoonfeed people (which is why the majority of us plays it) we've all just gotten used to the oversimplification that seems to be trending in mmo's, give it some time and you'll find that it really isn't all that complex. Simply a lot to take in at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravec View Post
    And the examples you just named are on point, perfect. I don't know a single person, never have, who doesnt play such games in any other way, be it console or pc. But this is an mmo, something completely different, you're not even in first person.
    I think you missed my point.

Camera control options have existed like this because games like the ones I listed dominated the industry at the time mouse look and camera controls came into being. When camera controls became a thing options were included because these games dominated, and these options have persisted in the decades since then.

Seriously, I challenge you to find games with camera controls that don't have this option. And when you find them I want you to think about the reason why.

15+ Year Old Account
    But you are moving an object (in this case, the character) in 3D space, which is exactly the case in point.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

It's CBT with half arsed translations, they've already come a long way however. Yes there's a lot of complex systems going on and the game does not spoonfeed people (which is why the majority of us plays it) we've all just gotten used to the oversimplification that seems to be trending in mmo's, give it some time and you'll find that it really isn't all that complex. Simply a lot to take in at once.
    Your post comes off as really blindly defending this game. Sorry but that's the way I see it. Along with attacking the MMO market because of their quality of life choices to make this appear better.

Forgive me as well I'm not insulting you directly as a person but that is what your posting is coming off as.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-03 at 05:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Your post comes off as really blindly defending this game.
    Exactly.

His white knighting is off-putting.

The game looks great, however, but not in the sense Ravec is trying to point it out.

I anxiously wait for them to add invert mouse so I can test the game.

Oh, so this is the next Lineage/Aion/Tera/Blade and Soul variant..and i wonder what happened to 2016 o.O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Oh, so this is the next Lineage/Aion/Tera/Blade and Soul variant
    Yes.
    ..and i wonder what happened to 2016 o.O
    It ended.

This is what we have for 2017, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes.

It ended.

This is what we have for 2017, nothing else.
    Yeah i meant i didnt remember an overhyped trash game of the korean variant for a few months now, hence this surprised me

I know a few people that will try this and quit in the first month cause IT IS NOT THE SAVIOR, need to inform them their next waste of time is out.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-01-03 at 05:23 PM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your post comes off as really blindly defending this game. Sorry but that's the way I see it. Along with attacking the MMO market because of their quality of life choices to make this appear better.

Forgive me as well I'm not insulting you directly as a person but that is what your posting is coming off as.
    And that's entirely on your end, read the words I've written, as I've written them. One of the biggest issues with the written word is the readers interpretation, try to leave that out of it and you'll find that many things I've written in regard to Revelation Online are factual.

Insulted? No I'm extremely bothered by how most people seem to have completely lost their ability to read, and with that create false information that needs to be corrected, and also I'm extremely bothered by me wasting my time correcting people like you, because I really feel the need to do so.

If you think (over)simplification of mmo's is a bad thing, that's your opinion, don't force that nonsense upon me by saying that I was ''attacking the MMO market'' I never formed an opinion on this matter.

And that's entirely on your end, read the words I've written, as I've written them. One of the biggest issues with the written word is the readers interpretation, try to leave that out of it and you'll find that many things I've written in regard to Revelation Online are factual.

Insulted? No I'm extremely bothered by how most people seem to have completely lost their ability to read, and with that create false information that needs to be corrected, and also I'm extremely bothered by me wasting my time correcting people like you, because I really feel the need to do so.

If you think (over)simplification of mmo's is a bad thing, that's your opinion, don't force that nonsense upon me by saying that I was ''attacking the MMO market'' I never formed an opinion on this matter.
    Someone said the levelling was boring and systems were complex. You deflected that with the whole "hand holding" argument. So yeah someone was vocally critical and you pretty much swept it under the rug. Same with the camera and axis issue which you are trying to do now. So sorry but yeah you are blindly defending it when you start trying to sweep away peoples criticism. You have tried to argue criticism with your own nonsense. People are being critical about it and you are jumping in going "oh but it's only beta and it will get better". Yeah lot of Asian MMOs don't get better after beta. They end being the usual pile of grindy or pay to win garbage they usually are.

On the note of correcting. How the hell is someone saying the basic camera and axis movements are not in the game that you would see in an MMO something that needs correcting? Do explain because I could do with some amusement tonight.

So when someone who isn't heavily biased towards the game and honest reviews it. Warts and all then I'll listen to them. Because all you are doing is acting like it's Gods greatest gift to mankind. Right now though you remind me of a couple of people in the Wildstar and Rift forums who do exactly the same thing. But like I said when you aren't heavily biased towards it and sweeping issues/critique under the rug to make it look amazing let me know and I'll start listening to your "opinion"

But since we are doing opinions here is mine. The game looks like another overhyped piece of Asian garbage which I'm not surprised about to be honest giving the amount of hype recent ones such as Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online got. Or any overhyped Asian MMO for that matter a couple of which people proclaimed to be the next big thing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-03 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    it looks fun. looking forward to my single month of playtime

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    it looks fun. looking forward to my single month of playtime
    Cold Lurking. Cold but well played. . Like I said just looks like another typical Asian MMO and well they are a dime a dozen.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-03 at 06:32 PM.

Deleted
    So it doesn't spoonfeed you but it's literally a linear experience with autopathing to quests, literally handholding you the entire way. Then there's a daily dungeon system i think? Where it didn't register my girlfriends progression 50% of the time, but did on my end. A dungeon finder system where even if you're not queued it seems to pop up every few minutes even if you're not in the finder anymore, it even spams you during the dungeon.

My.com promised me all content to 49 was pretty much translated, but it isn't, infact, they removed a lot of cinematics from the game and pretty much all VO from quests themselves which further dulled them down, atleast before they had some sort of "soul" in the quests, now it's just text.

But tell me where to figure out all this stuff? Their Discord? Website? Do they even have a site for this information or do i have to magically learn it by spamming in chat nonstop?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Someone said the levelling was boring and systems were complex. You deflected that with the whole "hand holding" argument. So yeah someone was vocally critical and you pretty much swept it under the rug. Same with the camera and axis issue which you are trying to do now. So sorry but yeah you are blindly defending it when you start trying to sweep away peoples criticism. You have tried to argue criticism with your own nonsense. People are being critical about it and you are jumping in going "oh but it's only beta and it will get better". Yeah lot of Asian MMOs don't get better after beta. They end being the usual pile of grindy or pay to win garbage they usually are.

On the note of correcting. How the hell is someone saying the basic camera and axis movements are not in the game that you would see in an MMO something that needs correcting? Do explain because I could do with some amusement tonight.

So when someone who isn't heavily biased towards the game and honest reviews it. Warts and all then I'll listen to them. Because all you are doing is acting like it's Gods greatest gift to mankind. Right now though you remind me of a couple of people in the Wildstar and Rift forums who do exactly the same thing.

But since we are doing opinions here is mine. The game looks like another overhyped piece of Asian garbage which I'm not surprised about to be honest giving the amount of hype recent ones such as Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online got.
    Nobody said anything about leveling, that as an edit made long after you began putting words in my mouth. Someone said they were having issues with the game because there's a lot of complex systems, and not a lot of clarity is being provided to the player.

I responded to that by saying that translations in the game are not done yet, and that a little more time investment will reveal that it is not as complex as it seemed at first. I added to that, that we're all getting used to simplification so suddenly playing a game which is the opposite on that area is a lot to take in.

Beta is beta, untill a game leaves beta you have right using that against me, once again you're just assuming and it's getting old.

That's the last second of my time I'm wasting on trying to converse with you, good luck with your life.