After shock vs elemental mastery

Just wondering since i have the boots for earthshock if aftershock might be more viable than EM at this point due to getting alot more malestorm? Thoughts?

til 7.1.5 EM is pretty much better than anything on it's tier, I think the boots actually make aftershock even less valuable?

Quote Originally Posted by scudmuffin View Post
    til 7.1.5 EM is pretty much better than anything on it's tier, I think the boots actually make aftershock even less valuable?
    Even with the nerf, Ancestral Swiftness is still better overall than EM since it gives a flat 6% haste compared to EM's 3.33% haste (over the course of its 2min CD). The exception is obviously on fights where an add or something needs to be bursted down and you need every bit of burst you can get, which EM would be good for.

Not sure about the boots only, but with boots+shoulder combo, Aftershock is definitely better than EM, like 7k more DPS to me... If you go Aftershock, you should use Earthshock at 75-80 maelstrom btw...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Not sure about the boots only, but with boots+shoulder combo, Aftershock is definitely better than EM, like 7k more DPS to me... If you go Aftershock, you should use Earthshock at 75-80 maelstrom btw...
    curious to know why at 75-80 MS? with source please. (not trying to belittle you but this is first time i've seen this statement im really curious if it is a dps increase)

Quote Originally Posted by Xfredo View Post
    curious to know why at 75-80 MS? with source please. (not trying to belittle you but this is first time i've seen this statement im really curious if it is a dps increase)
    With boots alone aftershock breaks even on average with EM in dps if you earth shock at ~65 Maelstrom.

Boots + Shoulders on live it is a dps increase on average over EM if you earthshock at ~70 Maelstrom.

This is due to the fact that boot resets effectively turn earth shock in to a maelstrom builder, not a spender. Again, I bolded on average because this play style has vastly higher variance in dps from top to bottom due to adding another RNG element to the core rotation.

In patch 7.1.5, the play style is defunct and results in a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfredo View Post
    With aftershock, your boots become a maelstrom generator if they proc. As such, you need to reduce your usage to 80 or lower to continue avoiding wasted maelstrom.