Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Legion feels great but it lacks certain polish

Yeah yeah I know, another "legion was meh" post.

Well sort of. Legion feels great.
    I missed WoD and half of MoP (played since vanilla), legion feels really one of the best expansions they have made in long time. World quests, mythic plus all that jazz.

However. I feel that legion has been rushed on quite few things. Not massive, per se, but things that made me go "wtf?".
    Sorry for longish post and stuff probably not making much sense.

First of all, Music
    Where is it? Legion has barely any original music tracks on it.
    This is super sad, because I still believe WoW and blizzard makes one of the best videogame OST's out there.

About every track has been just remixed together from old content. Howling fjord/Utgarde music for Valajar-areas, Vashj'ir for naga-areas, Black temple music for Legion areas and DH/Warlock Order hall. Not to mention Dalaran (I can forgive re-use but god, it would grind my ears to hear it another year or two after wotlk)
    I only found new music in Maw of Souls(?) and Emerald Nightmare. Even those feel a bit meh.

Pets
    Capturable pets are kinda generic. Another "not huge deal" here.
    Why isnt suramar having arcane-y pets I can capture? Why is it filled with damn basic squirrels and even more SNAKES.
    Stormheim has snakes and turkeys. And squirrels.
    Where is Fel pets? Old zones have way more variety in them when it comes to battle pets. Come on?

Some order hall things. Hidden artifacts..
    The "kill boss to get hidden artifact" loot feels so weird.
    Warlocks get flat dmg/haste boosts or ...100% healt regen? Not to mention They dont even stack.
    DH's get stuff like 50% eye beam dmg increase WITH cooldown reduced by 50% on it. Or attacks cause random dmg. Healing received by 50%? Thats pretty awesome if you are doing Mythics (normal), Normal BGs, heroics undergeared etc. And they stack.

Not to mention some classes just walk inside cave, run macro to find if they get hidden artifact. Or some just buy one from damn vendor in dalaran.

Trial of Valor
    3 bosses. No new zone to fight in. I feel that this is laziest raid they've done since Trial of Crusader. Maybe its "trial" thing?

Yeah sure, the fights have been said to be good on mythic, but I talk about zones, models and lore. At least ToC had dailies, 5-man and new zone to fight in. While very poor (one room which was same in 5-man and Raid. No trash) it was least something. And ToV has barely any lore attached to the raid itself. Just that "bring me beer and go kill few things idk". It didnt feel like "the end of helya" at all.

Deleted
    Nighthold is coming in like a month or two.

And hidden artifacts are meant to have a degree of prestige to them, no?

I mean, sure, you got yours by buying it from a vendor. Looks cool. But everyone has it. It's the same as that Ozumoth mount (? Can't recall the name properly)

But yeah, i agree, Legion was good, but lacked polish.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    1: Plenty of new music in all the zones. Yes, Azsuna uses the naga theme. Yes, Stormheim uses the vrykul theme - both for obvious reasons. Both zones also have new music, so does Highmountain, Val'sharah and Suramar, same goes for the class halls, instances and so on and so forth. Dalaran has a new theme too which compliments the old one. Pay attention honestly, or play with headphones.

2: Plenty of arcane pets in Azsuna, not to mention that Legion updated a lot of the old pets like squirrels and rabbits. Oh and new owls too.

3: Hidden Artifacts, well, they are all hidden behind various things, some more fun or random than others - that's just how it is. Also, sounds like you are mixing up legendaries with hidden abilities, dunno why.

4: ToV is a story conclussion raid; pay attention to the story and you seriously cannot be surprised as to why it works like it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Nighthold is coming in like a month or two.

And hidden artifacts are meant to have a degree of prestige to them, no?

I mean, sure, you got yours by buying it from a vendor. Looks cool. But everyone has it. It's the same as that Ozumoth mount (? Can't recall the name properly)

But yeah, i agree, Legion was good, but lacked polish.
    It's coming in 14 days. Also, Legion isn't over.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's coming in 14 days. Also, Legion isn't over.
    Yeah, i know, i just don't play it anymore. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Yeah yeah I know, another "legion was meh" post.

Well sort of. Legion feels great.
    I missed WoD and half of MoP (played since vanilla), legion feels really one of the best expansions they have made in long time. World quests, mythic plus all that jazz.

However. I feel that legion has been rushed on quite few things. Not massive, per se, but things that made me go "wtf?".
    Sorry for longish post and stuff probably not making much sense.

First of all, Music
    Where is it? Legion has barely any original music tracks on it.
    This is super sad, because I still believe WoW and blizzard makes one of the best videogame OST's out there.

About every track has been just remixed together from old content. Howling fjord/Utgarde music for Valajar-areas, Vashj'ir for naga-areas, Black temple music for Legion areas and DH/Warlock Order hall. Not to mention Dalaran (I can forgive re-use but god, it would grind my ears to hear it another year or two after wotlk)
    I only found new music in Maw of Souls(?) and Emerald Nightmare. Even those feel a bit meh.

Pets
    Capturable pets are kinda generic. Another "not huge deal" here.
    Why isnt suramar having arcane-y pets I can capture? Why is it filled with damn basic squirrels and even more SNAKES.
    Stormheim has snakes and turkeys. And squirrels.
    Where is Fel pets? Old zones have way more variety in them when it comes to battle pets. Come on?

The "kill boss to get hidden artifact" loot feels so weird.
    Warlocks get flat dmg/haste boosts or ...100% healt regen? Not to mention They dont even stack.
    DH's get stuff like 50% eye beam dmg increase WITH cooldown reduced by 50% on it. Or attacks cause random dmg. Healing received by 50%? Thats pretty awesome if you are doing Mythics (normal), Normal BGs, heroics undergeared etc. And they stack.

Not to mention some classes just walk inside cave, run macro to find if they get hidden artifact. Or some just buy one from damn vendor in dalaran.

Trial of Valor
    3 bosses. No new zone to fight in. I feel that this is laziest raid they've done since Trial of Crusader. Maybe its "trial" thing?

Yeah sure, the fights have been said to be good on mythic, but I talk about zones, models and lore. At least ToC had dailies, 5-man and new zone to fight in. While very poor (one room which was same in 5-man and Raid. No trash) it was least something. And ToV has barely any lore attached to the raid itself. Just that "bring me beer and go kill few things idk". It didnt feel like "the end of helya" at all.
    Yay more whining.

Feels like the devs tried to do too much at once.

Deleted
    1: Plenty of new music in all the zones. Yes, Azsuna uses the naga theme. Yes, Stormheim uses the vrykul theme - both for obvious reasons. Both zones also have new music, so does Highmountain, Val'sharah and Suramar, same goes for the class halls, instances and so on and so forth. Dalaran has a new theme too which compliments the old one. Pay attention honestly, or play with headphones.

2: Plenty of arcane pets in Azsuna, not to mention that Legion updated a lot of the old pets like squirrels and rabbits. Oh and new owls too.

3: Hidden Artifacts, well, they are all hidden behind various things, some more fun or random than others - that's just how it is. Also, sounds like you are mixing up legendaries with hidden abilities, dunno why.

4: ToV is a story conclussion raid; pay attention to the story and you seriously cannot be surprised as to why it works like it does.
    1: Not really, most of the music is remixed of old songs like I said. Feels a bit lackluster to get into zone and keep hearing "that night elf tune from cata" or "That damn utgarde keep theme all over again" instead of, well, new epicness.

2: "Plenty"? Theres few. Voidwalker skinned arcane pets that we already had, just with new name or slightly new tint. I mean where is zone-themed pets?
    Like shadowmoon valley would have fel flame on fel areas. Or Twilight Highlands would have Twilight Fiendling.
    Suramar has...Snakes and moths.

3: Im not talking about legendaries.
    I mean the Order hall "talent" where you summon boss (Warlocks Ritual of doom or Twisting nether book for DHs) and get loot which can be buff items or Hidden artifact(usually).
    Buff items for Warlocks: 25% dmg on shadow or fire (2 different items), 25% increase on pet dmg, 100% health regen.
    DH buff items: 50% increased dmg and 50% lower cd to kappa beam, 50% increased healing received, chance to deal random dmg when you deal dmg, increases health by 25%?
    Monk: Periodically emit bubbles, which cause you and nearby party members to absorb 15000 damage., Reduces your fall speed for 1 hour., Increases damage dealt by 10% "while under the sky"., Increases health by 15%, Increases movement speed by 30%, Roll has infinite charges.
    Inconsistant and seems few classes get "tough luck!" deal when it comes to order hall things.
    Yeah it doesnt affect Myth+ or Raids so I guess I'm fine with that. But still wouldnt mind if not only all classes had the talent and all would get something class related and cool. Like ability to get demon that does random damage instead of "well I guess my pet does 25% more dmg now?"

As for Hidden artifacts.. Some have to grind for days (retpaladins-cough) some just walk up to vendor thats not even hidden in the world and buy item thats not "low stock".
    Or just wait your AP-forge guy to go "thats cool weapon, I wonder if theres axe too" and answer "okay?" for the quest.
    Its like they really did use the "throw darts to see which specs get low droprate grind and which get just NPC talk" method here.

4: Thats the thing tho. After whole zone, 5-man dungeon, order hall, "hidden lore" you would expect more than 3 bosses in same areas you were in.
    Odyn just goes "Hey guys remember those dozens of trials I threw at stormheim and HoV? Just kidding, one more!" and nothing else.
    Guarm just growls. Nothing new there. "Oh no breath and charge". How original.
    Helya just goes sarcasm mode, and after you kill her Odyn just says "Yay I can move again. Maybe I should go to ulduar. Remember that great raid guys? Im going there to enjoy myself and you are not". It was anti-climatic.

1: Not really, most of the music is remixed of old songs like I said. Feels a bit lackluster to get into zone and keep hearing "that night elf tune from cata" or "That damn utgarde keep theme all over again" instead of, well, new epicness.
    I feel the issue is that those themes that bear semblance to old music are the ones that play the most often, due to being the general themes of their respective zones. Many of those that are original play in a comparatively smaller number of areas, but they're certainly there.

Not that I mind. Having the music for Demon Hunters be similar to the Black Temple theme makes sense.

As a druid.. with 4 hidden appearance that are all RNG.. don't even get me started on this.

As a whole, Legion is a pretty good expansion, but there are just some really annoying RNG aspects that are way overdone and seems like lazy design.

Too much RNG.

RNG as a mechanic is fine, but to use RNG to keep people subbed is annoying to any player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    As a druid.. with 4 hidden appearance that are all RNG.. don't even get me started on this.

As a whole, Legion is a pretty good expansion, but there are just some really annoying RNG aspects that are way overdone and seems like lazy design.

Too much RNG.

RNG as a mechanic is fine, but to use RNG to keep people subbed is annoying to any player.
    Ben Brode was in charge of designing Legion. HA HA HA! :P

Nah. I disagree. Maw of Souls is amazing. Return to Karazhan is amazing. Suramar is amazing. Lots of polish.

But hey, it's all a matter of taste and we can agree to disagree. In the end it's just a game.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Howling Fjord and Stormheim themes aren't the same at all, it's not even a remix, they are two totally separate pieces of music. I think people hear the similar instruments used in both and think they're identical, but they're really not.

Azsuna is definitely the worst offender. You're right about the Vashj'ir music being rehashed for the naga/sea giants area. All of the elven stuff is a remix of a theme that's been in the game since at least BC. Suramar borrows a lot of its music from Azsuna as well, though I think there's an original theme in the actual city. Val'Sharah is largely music from Teldrassil/Ashenvale. So, that basically leaves Highmountain.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost find it hilarious when people say "legion has soo much content, I don't know what to do first".
    Legion actually doesn't have that much content and most certainly not more than most other expansions.
    What it does have is Grinds, stretched out via excessive amounts of RNG.

95% of all World quests are story quests you get to do again or "rare" mobs you get to kill again.
    I like the world quest system, don't get me wrong: It's flexibility makes it far superior to the old static daily hubs but most of them are not actual new content.

Dungeons are good, but there aren't that many and they make you run them a gazillion times with the Mythic+ thingy, considering that you have to level your key every week.
    Raids: look meh to me. Almost 6 months in and still no Tier set? Erm okaay.
    PvP: don't care
    Professions/PetBattles/misc: A bit of side content, but again: not much.

So um... apart from getting clobbered by World quest once you unlock them, making you feel overwhelmed: where are the ungodly amounts of content?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I almost find it hilarious when people say "legion has soo much content, I don't know what to do first".
    Legion actually doesn't have that much content and most certainly not more than most other expansions.
    What it does have is Grinds, stretched out via excessive amounts of RNG.
    Exactly. It's reuse, reuse, reuse of the same little amount of content. You mentioned world quests being mostly the same as story quests. Well, how about that new system of mythic / mythic+ dungeons? They are exactly the same as heroic / normal dungeons in terms of scenery, bosses, everything, just with a few abilities and ilvls added. We already got so used to things like that, we don't even notice them, yet when you go through all that Legion has - well, it's like nothing. Quests and reused quests, instances and reused instances (4x), raids and reused raids (3x), plus artifact power / legendary grind which does not even have its own content, it's just "please do everything you were already doing ten more times".

The more time goes on, the more it looks like Legion is just WoD with demons.

RNG ruined it

people are stupid enough to not play skyrims soundtrack while playing wow?

The reason it works as it does has nothing to do with the story and everything to do with needing as little effort as possible to make. The story is just something they come up with as an afterthought after the fact to justify shoehorning recycled things back in.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    The reason it works as it does has nothing to do with the story and everything to do with needing as little effort as possible to make. The story is just something they come up with as an afterthought after the fact to justify shoehorning recycled things back in.
    .... Riiiiight. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    RNG ruined it
    There is only a chance that is the case.

.... Riiiiight. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    You'd have to be pretty gullible to believe they're just reusing environments and everything for "story reasons".