Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The interesting thing about the bloggers/writers point of view, is that it mainly shows how butthurt the media is regarding Trump. They were all in with Hillary, they followed her every word, lived on it, dined on it, etc... and yes, on Hillarys dime too since emails showed how she planned it and implemented it.

The main thing it really shows, and how pathetic it is, is how biased the media really is. They have zero interest in reporting anything as unbiased news, just what garners viewers, sells papers, or generates clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    No, they hate Russia because they need a really good reason why a bunch of Obama voters flipped for Trump and Hillary lost the rust belt blue wall that was supposed to be unbeatable.

Russia is just convenient because its population is pale. They can't after all blame it on Iranians or ISIS hackers.
    Never become a parody of yourself.

I... have no opinion on this topic.

Once again, if you think the ''media'' is biased against God-Potus Trump...to answer pot to kettle to ''realz kunservative media'' like Breitbart and Alex Jones, the MSM would have to scream with eyes bulging and foam in the mouth for 8 years straight that Trump is a Dutch citizen because he have orange hair, that if Trump twitch one little finger while interviewed it's a satanic secret sign, that if Trump blink during a photoshoot it's because he have Parkinson, that if there is a flood somewhere, it's Trump HARP doing it, and let' s not forget the good old ''anything from a break dance competition in Khavarosk to a car accident in Montevideo'' being part of a gay/jew/muslim/Liberal/Catholic global conspiracy to steal guns/turn you gay/prevent you from being laid.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-01-03 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Never become a parody of yourself.
    Are you talking about "the left", or OP?

Some writers for western newspapers, including Stephen F. Cohen of The Nation and columnists for The Guardian and The Daily Telegraph, were accused of apologism for Russia—justifying its actions. According to Isaac Chotiner of the New Republic, Cohen's writing implied that "some sort of control over Ukraine is a requirement of Russian greatness. And then, after explaining this, [Cohen] says the whole crisis was "imposed" on Putin! This is apologetics done well: first you explain why bad behavior is actually sensible, and then you say that the bad behavior wasn't really under the control of the bad actor." Pomerantsev and Weiss said that Cohen was using "willful misinterpretations" of statements by Ukrainian officials. James Kirchick of The Daily Beast described The Nation as "Pravda, in English". Cohen responded to criticism by stating that he sees Washington's hostility towards Russia as counterproductive and dangerous to both Russia and the US: "Before this began, Putin was the best potential partner we had anywhere in the world to pursue our national security", and "American national security still runs through Moscow". Some critics said pro-Russian western media used whataboutism and focused disproportionately on the minority of Euromaidan protestors who belonged to the far-right. The portrayal of the situation in Ukraine as primarily a conflict between the West and Russia, minimizing Ukraine, also received criticism. Julia Ioffe of The New Republic wrote: "Ukraine, you see, is just "a former Soviet republic" and a catalyst for feelings between Russia and the West. It’s a thing that can be “smuggled into NATO” because its desire or non-desire to be in NATO is automatically less important than how that “smuggling” would make Russia feel."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_...rainian_crisis (I removed the number links, just CTRL+F to the paragraph for "sources")

Mind you, most of this was back in 2014. (also mind you these "fake news" outlets are notorious for editing their own articles without stating so, and avoiding a paper trail.)

Now "fake news" is trying to spin our US election as "Russian propaganda."?

It's either a conflict of interest, or just "fake news" has no agenda besides making money at the expense of others. Follow the money. It's the only paper trail that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Once again, if you think the ''media'' is biased against God-Potus Trump...to answer pot to kettle to ''realz kunservative media'' like Breitbart and Alex Jones, the MSM would have to scream with eyes bulging and foam in the mouth for 8 years straight that Trump ''iz uh Dutch sitizen, kauze he have orange hair and orange is in the Netherlands flag and it's UH KUNSPIRACY'

Or have people giving orders on Twitter to believe that since Trump moved his little finger sideways during an interview, it's a ''super sekret satanist sign''

Or have people flooding random videogames boards and posting on 456 different accounts that if GOD POTUS Trump blink eyes during the assermentation, it means he have supurkuncer and will die in three days.
    And by spouting memes/conjecture you're just fueling the fire.

Nobody thinks. It's pretty obvious. Bias exists between private news outlets. However, public news isn't suppose to project bias because it's "inciting terror" to "the public". I'm pretty sure MSM could get away with shouting "fire" at a theater or "bomb" at an airport, even though those places aren't legally "the public".

Mark my words. It's the Russians now, but "fake news" outlets will turn on their precious "Religion of peace" to stir shit for shit's sake.

MSM = bottom feeders.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    One could just as easily make an article entitled Trump's hypocrisy and hyperventilating in the age of the media.

It's just trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls at this point.
    His so called hyperventilating is very carefully calculated and planned. Trump is not the idiot that people want him to be, and trying to claim otherwise is exactly why he won.

He played the media at their own game and won an election with a fraction of the financial backing the other side had.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Joey's defense seems to be "this isn't bad because lots of people do it".
    Hmm, sounds a bit like Hillary's email fiasco......

Wonder why they accept this defense now but not for Hillary. :thinking:

Oh right, because Trumpets subscribe to Fascism.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Yeah, they're more partisans than hypocrites for what it's worth. There's some that are going to take the nuanced approach of 'covering him fairly' which means using lots of innuendo and non committal, suggestive terms in their pieces. There'll be the MSNBC crew that are the firebrands who attack him outright of course but there'll also be the Andersen Coopers who shitsling with pretty words and a smug look on their face.
    Those terms aren't mutually exclusive. I would say they are definitely partisans, and you have many on both sides these days who don't try to hide it. The hypocrites are the ones who continue the facade of being neutral and unopinionated all the while pushing a political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Those terms aren't mutually exclusive. I would say they are definitely partisans, and you have many on both sides these days who don't try to hide it. The hypocrites are the ones who continue the facade of being neutral and unopinionated all the while pushing a political agenda.
    And then there are "independents" like you who like to claim neutrality, but obviously subscribe to Trump's facism post after post.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    And Russia is innocent in this?
    There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    His so called hyperventilating is very carefully calculated and planned. Trump is not the idiot that people want him to be, and trying to claim otherwise is exactly why he won.

He played the media at their own game and won an election with a fraction of the financial backing the other side had.
    His own campaign went into it thinking they were going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    No, Russia is not a bastion of any kind of moral code. It's embarrassing how global news stopped covering Ukraine.

Kinda overall pathetic don't you think? MSM wants to push the election into some Russian conspiracy, but won't even bother to cover actual, truthful, news like the invasion of Ukraine?
    That's because "actual, truthful news on Ukraine" would be "Ukraine shits on agreements it signed for ending their conflict".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And then there are "independents" like you who like to claim neutrality, but obviously subscribe to Trump's facism post after post.
    People keep using the Word Facism a lot. Yet I don't think they know what it actual means and heard 1 idiot associate it and Trump and just kept using it.

You realise if it were an actual Facist government you wouldn't even dare try and call them out on it. It's as if people haven't actually SEEN what happens in countries with actual facist leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That's because "actual, truthful news on Ukraine" would be "Ukraine shits on agreements it signed for ending their conflict".
    It's amazing that the media in the US doesn't hesitate in throwing around accusations of being linked to Nazis when it comes to people they dislike, yet there was surprisingly little reporting on the fact that the US was backing a government run by actual Neo-Nazis in Ukraine. Of course, the same media is ignoring the conflict in Yemen which the US is getting drawn further into each day. Oh and wasn't Mosul supposed to be captured by now, seems like they are expecting it to take several more months than was expected.

It really seems like the media pushes lots of government propaganda and misinformation in the United States.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    People keep using the Word Facism a lot. Yet I don't think they know what it actual means and heard 1 idiot associate it and Trump and just kept using it.

You realise if it were an actual Facist government you wouldn't even dare try and call them out on it. It's as if people haven't actually SEEN what happens in countries with actual facist leaders.
    Trump obviously would want a fascist government. Thank bob we have systems in place to prevent that. It will be funny watching him try to get shit passed that massively expands the power of government for him to use, only to be blocked. Then all of the Trumpkins and "independents" will cry giant tears that poor Trump can't rule the US with an iron fist.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Trump obviously would want a fascist government. Thank bob we have systems in place to prevent that. It will be funny watching him try to get shit passed that massively expands the power of government for him to use, only to be blocked. Then all of the Trumpkins and "independents" will cry giant tears that poor Trump can't rule the US with an iron fist.
    Wasn't it already expanded under Obama? "Ruling by executive order" and all?

10+ Year Old Account
    SHhh. don't point out their glaring hypocrisy, it only makes them speak more gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    SHhh. don't point out their glaring hypocrisy, it only makes them speak more gibberish.
    I mean, you'd surely have a point if he hadn't used less Executive Orders than the last...well...10-15 presidents? Funny that isn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    His own campaign went into it thinking they were going to lose.
    Lol. Okay.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean, you'd surely have a point if he hadn't used less Executive Orders than the last...well...10-15 presidents? Funny that isn't it.
    It's not the Number, but the fact they denounce the fact one President can do it whilst simultaneously ignoring the fact their "sides" one does as well.