Enhance Shaman Help Requested (with logs)

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

We are a 7/7M guild with Odyn at 15% (5% away) and are really trying to push everyone to focus on individual improvement and always being better than you were last week. I am really wanting our lower/middle performers to get feedback and try some new things to push their gameplay.

Our enhance Shaman is Lementz, and he has Requested some detailed log review. Here is our logs from last night, Mythic EN clear and some pulls on M Odyn.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=28

Fights to focus on would be Odyn of course, he is performing well on the other fights but is looking to push his dps higher. I am looking for any tips, "rotational" especially, as well as talent choices and/or gear they should try to farm.

Again I really appreciate any advice. I will be linking them this thread so they can read your comments directly.

7+ Year Old Account
    The first thing I noticed, assuming I'm reading this correctly, is that it looks like he only used Feral Lunge twice the entire fight. It is an invaluable tool to close distances quickly. A bit more aggressive use of feral lunge would probably help him spend more time on target.

Uptime on buffs is bad (landslide,frostbrand,flametongue) and also wasting stormstrike procs. The fights hectic as hell so hes probably just cracking under pressure since on other fights hes doing fine and yeah hes not using feral lunge which is pretty huge.

For what that fight is especially considering you don't have a DPS legendary i wouldn't even worry about it too much the fight is just shitty for melee especially since you guys have low DPS all across the board the fight is lasting way way way longer than it should (rpds in particular). I think that last 5% will boost your DPS a bit since you will be able to just pound into him for the most part and with improving the use of Feral lunge and uptimes I think you can look to finish the fight around 350k-400 which is pretty good.

Whoever the GM is should look at the RDPS they are playing pretty poorly.

Fire relic: Xavius EN, Xavius DHT
    iron relic: tov odyn, moroes kara, world boss humongris
    Storm relic: cenarius EN, MoS 1st boss
    wind strikes is worth +4 itemlevel to weapon.
    spam more m+. Those legendaries are bad for alt to gather gold from mail box.

Edit: ^
    Yeah i feel bad for top guys of this guild begin pushed harder instead getting better ppl that have too low dps.
    Last edited by sebax313; 2016-12-28 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sebax313 View Post
    Edit: ^
    Yeah i feel bad for top guys of this guild begin pushed harder instead getting better ppl that have too low dps.
    Since you missed it in the original post.... To clarify, I already posted for the lower performers. Lementz ASKED me to post for him so I did. I would not have posted this had he not asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin;
    Whoever the GM is should look at the RDPS they are playing pretty poorly
    See above - don't worry already turning a very critical eye to our range. I only posted this because it was request. The best players are those that always look to improve even when doing well

Thanks for the great feedback, I definitely think feral lunge can help with dps uptime, and I never would have thought to check myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    ... and also wasting stormstrike procs.
    I've been wondering about how to read this information from a log, all I see is uptime on Stormbringer, but how do you actually see that they are wasted? Not a snide remark, I don't know how to see it, and would love to be able to

In general his uptime on FT and FB on Ursoc are very high, so I have no doubt that he knows how to play it the spec, there's just a lot of running on Odin which makes it easy for these to fall off. Comparing with Werdup for example (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ras&source=264), Werdups uptime on FB is only very slightly higher, and FT a bit more, which is likely just due to Werdup being more precise (or more lucky with spear placement) with movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellante_mazrigos View Post
    I've been wondering about how to read this information from a log, all I see is uptime on Stormbringer, but how do you actually see that they are wasted? Not a snide remark, I don't know how to see it, and would love to be able to

In general his uptime on FT and FB on Ursoc are very high, so I have no doubt that he knows how to play it the spec, there's just a lot of running on Odin which makes it easy for these to fall off. Comparing with Werdup for example (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ras&source=264), Werdups uptime on FB is only very slightly higher, and FT a bit more, which is likely just due to Werdup being more precise (or more lucky with spear placement) with movement.
    You go to "Buffs" and look at how many "Stormbringer" procs they got and just add it up (dont forget about the tempest talent)

Deleted
    MM Odyn is about optimizing your movement and movement skills. This involves both the movement of the player but also the overall strategy that your raid leader has chosen. If he's asked to move too far, or if he moves too far and too often on his own, his dps is gonna suffer. That doesn't mean that he's wrong tho. Comparing Lamentz to let's say the UH DK you have would be non-sense as he does as much damage on priority targets as the other one. The main difference is the damage he deals on Odyn himself which probably means that he's just not greedy enough and tries to be where he's supposed to be next maybe too early.

Overall he's mostly not utilizing his feral lunge / sprint correctly. On Odyn the sprint is mostly going to be used if he needs to get to his rune quickly where the feral lunge needs to be used to get BACK to his main target.

TLDR : dont use sprint on pull :Q, the dps rotation is fine, he just needs to realize that when a target is gonna die quickly he probably shouldnt stick to an on-paper patchwerk rotation but more of a dumpy rotation.

You go to "Buffs" and look at how many "Stormbringer" procs they got and just add it up (dont forget about the tempest talent)
    Well, seeing as stormbringer will often proc back to back, it's very hard to make the judgment that it has been "wasted". Taking the OP's log on Ursoc, there are 24 stormbringer procs, which in theory is in itself 72 stormstrikes. The guy has done 63 SS's, but I'd wager that a lot was back to back.

For example, let's say his cd on SS is 12 seconds, which gives him 17-18 SS's over the course of Ursoc (3:28 = 208 seconds divided by 12).

That means he's gotten 63-12 = 51 more SS's from stormbringer. Let's just say that 1/2 of stormbringer procs are back to back, meaning you will get 1 SS out of them instead of 3. That gives us 24 / 2 = 12 back to back given SS's, which eventually run out, for a total of 14 SS's.

Then we have 12 SS's left you can use fully, which gives 36 SS's more from stormbringer, bringing us to the 17 he actually had, + 14 from back to back, + 36 from fully utilized SS's, for a grand total of 67 SS's. That's 4 more than he did, which could be accounted for with focused gaze, the pull setting up the first SS, or whatever.

I'm not saying that back to back stormbringers IS 50%. I'm just saying that I have no way of actually gauging back to back stormbringer procs just from the amount of procs, so I cannot make a judgment call on proc usage performance from the log.

Am I missing something?

Well, seeing as stormbringer will often proc back to back, it's very hard to make the judgment that it has been "wasted". Taking the OP's log on Ursoc, there are 24 stormbringer procs, which in theory is in itself 72 stormstrikes. The guy has done 63 SS's, but I'd wager that a lot was back to back.

For example, let's say his cd on SS is 12 seconds, which gives him 17-18 SS's over the course of Ursoc (3:28 = 208 seconds divided by 12).

That means he's gotten 63-12 = 51 more SS's from stormbringer. Let's just say that 1/2 of stormbringer procs are back to back, meaning you will get 1 SS out of them instead of 3. That gives us 24 / 2 = 12 back to back given SS's, which eventually run out, for a total of 14 SS's.

Then we have 12 SS's left you can use fully, which gives 36 SS's more from stormbringer, bringing us to the 17 he actually had, + 14 from back to back, + 36 from fully utilized SS's, for a grand total of 67 SS's. That's 4 more than he did, which could be accounted for with focused gaze, the pull setting up the first SS, or whatever.

I'm not saying that back to back stormbringers IS 50%. I'm just saying that I have no way of actually gauging back to back stormbringer procs just from the amount of procs, so I cannot make a judgment call on proc usage performance from the log.

Am I missing something?
    You aren't going to use only half of your stormbringer procs I think you are over estimating the overlap. Yes there will be some overlap which usually happens during the lust phase/burst phases btw.

Also you can view overlapping in the logs which i can't be bothered explaining but for the most part its easy to just guestimaate how many they should've had based on the procs they got and what the fight is.

You aren't going to use only half of your stormbringer procs I think you are over estimating the overlap. Yes there will be some overlap which usually happens during the lust phase/burst phases btw.

Also you can view overlapping in the logs which i can't be bothered explaining but for the most part its easy to just guestimaate how many they should've had based on the procs they got and what the fight is.
    Why on earth would you not explain the very thing that can prove your point I'm not trying to argue with you for the sake of it, I genuinely want to figure out how to properly assess efficiency, so I am very interested in knowing how to spot the overlap in the log.

You don't. But you might use a tool like checkmywow.

Link to fight in question - http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/Hq...6/28?tab=basic
    Stormbringer usage is at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Norome View Post
    You don't. But you might use a tool like checkmywow.

Link to fight in question - http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/Hq...6/28?tab=basic
    Stormbringer usage is at the bottom.
    Cool, thanks!