View Poll Results: Is boredom worse than death?

Voters
121. This poll is closed
  • Yes

30 24.79%
  • No

69 57.02%
  • Maybe so/not

22 18.18%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    One is more permanent then the other, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Well technically it's perceptive. You just happen to be bored easily.
    No I don't actually, and this isn't about me - this is about human beings.

The issue is that until you have experienced true boredom, and many haven't - you really don't know what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    One is more permanent then the other, just saying.
    Death is instant, boredom can last a lifetime.

So many people here saying that if they were bored, they'd just do stuff ... which means they are no longer bored.

Sort of like saying I don't mind being poor as long as I have money

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

So many people here saying that if they were bored, they'd just do stuff ... which means they are no longer bored.

Sort of like saying I don't mind being poor as long as I have money
    Boredom cant last a lifetime. Been bored for over a year college oversea since im not much of a social person and i was poor as hell. My day was pretty much go to school, get home, eat, lay in my bed til i sleep. I managed without dying, i did sleep more than i ever did and probably ever will.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-03 at 10:52 AM.

Boredom cant last a lifetime.
    It can if the environment is such. It is unlikely it would, but it is possible.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It can if the environment is such. It is unlikely it would, but it is possible.
    No find me one example of 70 years of boredom. Death is final, boredom is always temporary.

Death is final, boredom is always temporary.
    You are incorrect.... but that's life. Imagine is required to see how bad boredom can be.

You cannot stop been dead. You can easily stop been bored. People that are constantly bored or cannot stop been bored lack imagination, creativity and intelligence.

LMAO no.

you can stop being bored at some point, especially if you have friends but you cannot stop being dead.

I'm not afraid of death but I would rather choose boredom over death because I can stop being bored.

Deleted
    Death is also permanent, boredom is not.

I learned to enjoy boring times so I don't really mind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The whole point of the discussion to assume you can't just stop being bored, otherwise you're no longer choosing between boredom or death. You're choosing temporary boredom.
    how is that even possible lol. who can be bored for his entire life????

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Mental illness is usually the culprit. Or maybe the things that truly entertain you are frowned upon. Regardless, we're making assumptions here. Not sure how many more times and people I have to say that too.
    hm then hard to say.

I will try to die then I will tell you which is worse
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-01-03 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    I've never been dead but assuming it's similar to consciousness before conception, then it's totally neutral and inherently better than anything we would otherwise consider bad at least if we compare feelings of suffering.

Deleted
    The whole point of the discussion to assume you can't just stop being bored, otherwise you're no longer choosing between boredom or death. You're choosing temporary boredom.
    Which is the entire point. I seriously cannot think of anyone that is permanently bored.

i'm bored to death...

on that note, i might listen to some plebeian grandstand

Boredom worse than death? Nope, as being bored can be rectified and entertainment can be found. No cure for death exists, and it lasts a lot longer. Not that you'll notice the time passing, or maybe you will, depending on the various views on what occurs after death. Wouldn't know, never died, but I've been bored a fair few times, and it was hardly suffering.
    Now if we ignore the fact boredom has a limit, still nope. Living trumps death every time, finding things uninteresting is not the end of the world. It causes no pain, nor suffering, and certainly doesn't impede one in their ability to live a life of substance.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2017-01-03 at 01:48 PM.

“HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM.”

― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Deleted
    No lol the entire point is to choose between permanent boredom or death.
    So we have to choose between something that doesn't exist. Or something that does.

Best topic I've been in.

Deleted
    No idea, but being bored can seriously damage your health imo.

A human needs direction and fulfilment in his/her life. Boredom ages and depresses you.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    No idea, but being bored can seriously damage your health imo.

A human needs direction and fulfilment in his/her life. Boredom ages and depresses you.
    Only boring people need direction and fulfillment.
    For the rest of us boredom is a good motivator to do stuff. To give direction and fulfillment to the boring people.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side