Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 20 Year Anniv Event Question.

As we know, the 20 year anniversary event will soon drop for us to play, I have a level one Barb set up for said event. My question is, is there a way to lock into level one for one of the achievement "An Eerie Red Glow Blurs Your Vision"? Or can I just run it all with said level one, gain levels and still have it pop when I kill the final boss?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    As we know, the 20 year anniversary event will soon drop for us to play, I have a level one Barb set up for said event. My question is, is there a way to lock into level one for one of the achievement "An Eerie Red Glow Blurs Your Vision"? Or can I just run it all with said level one, gain levels and still have it pop when I kill the final boss?
    You can do it all with one character. I started it with a level one on the PTR, and went through the whole thing without dying. It's not that hard of a dungeon - it's too easy, unless they tweaked the mobs since I tested it. The only requirement I'm aware of is your character has to be level one the first time you touch the portal to it - if you level up, you'll still get it. I dimly recall that achiev was bugged on the PTR for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    You can do it all with one character. I started it with a level one on the PTR, and went through the whole thing without dying. It's not that hard of a dungeon - it's too easy, unless they tweaked the mobs since I tested it. The only requirement I'm aware of is your character has to be level one the first time you touch the portal to it - if you level up, you'll still get it. I dimly recall that achiev was bugged on the PTR for a while.
    Nice, cheers for that.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Did the same - plan to use a wizard that i'll reuse for S9. The level one part is a bad wording imho; it's just starting it at level one and do it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that it's needed at all. But does anyone know that if you use a Gem of Ease to mod a weapon will that screw with the achievement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Not that it's needed at all. But does anyone know that if you use a Gem of Ease to mod a weapon will that screw with the achievement?
    Don't really know. Tbh i never bothered to level one actually since getting boosted takes less time anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    That's what I'll be checking myself, a lv 70 weapon, along with the Hellfire Amulet and Ring.

Can a group of level 1's do it together or does the achievement require solo play? Approximately how long does it take from start to finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Can a group of level 1's do it together or does the achievement require solo play? Approximately how long does it take from start to finish?
    Requires solo. 40 minutes top exploring everything, between 25 and 30 minutes if you rush it and depending on difficulty.

So these throwback items like Godly Plate and Harlequin Crest... they don't seem to mog? In fact are they just using existing skins?

I just junk them right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So these throwback items like Godly Plate and Harlequin Crest... they don't seem to mog? In fact are they just using existing skins?

I just junk them right?
    Yes, there are a couple of new models (Butcher's Cleaver and Wirt's Leg) but the rest are just texture changes for some iconic D1 items like the King's Sword of Haste.

I do not remember much of Diablo 1 except getting destroyed by the butcher and being unable to get my body back. I think I quit shortly after that and didn't play again until Diablo 2 was already old. My adventure into the anniversary event didn't spark any nostalgia until I literally stumbled onto the Butcher again. "Oh Sh$t! The Butcher!" .... poof and he's dead (maybe should have turned up the difficulty lol). I had forgotten that bosses were just in the game without a cut scene or even a loading screen.
    "Are you ready for this?"
    "Nope."
    "Too late, you're already getting smashed in the face. Good Luck!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    "Oh Sh$t! The Butcher!" .... poof and he's dead (maybe should have turned up the difficulty lol).
    In my case, those 870 paragon helped a lot XD

I liked the event, i think it's not as cheap as i thought it was. This dungeon crawling made me remember how fun i had exploring every corner of a level, not being showered by loot for the sake of fast progression and not feeling the need to go speed run. Cherry on top of a modest but good cake is the original font on the item dropped on the ground, loved that one.
    Too bad i won't go back for the achievements i missed because i don't really want to look for the unique monsters i didn't find while exploring the dungeon on the first run.

Oh yeah, like the first time i got mauled by the Butcher in the original Diablo 1, i underestimated the remade one and got gibbed. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Too bad we won't have this 8-direction control scheme and visual filter after the event is over. And the event itself while fun is too small.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

You know if they'd included this unannounced and it was just a surprise rather than a "major feature" I think it would've knocked people's socks off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unique mobs in the dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I liked the event, i think it's not as cheap as i thought it was. This dungeon crawling made me remember how fun i had exploring every corner of a level, not being showered by loot for the sake of fast progression and not feeling the need to go speed run. Cherry on top of a modest but good cake is the original font on the item dropped on the ground, loved that one.
    Too bad i won't go back for the achievements i missed because i don't really want to look for the unique monsters i didn't find while exploring the dungeon on the first run.

Oh yeah, like the first time i got mauled by the Butcher in the original Diablo 1, i underestimated the remade one and got gibbed. :P
    ironic because events are supposed to bring people back to the game... not go: "oh man, this reminds me of how good d1/d2 were!"

lolo this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Does all the named elites always spawn? I'm missing about 7 of them, and I have scoured those areas head to toe.

Or am I going to have to run this 8 times to level 14 in hopes one spawns
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Does all the named elites always spawn? I'm missing about 7 of them, and I have scoured those areas head to toe.

Or am I going to have to run this 8 times to level 14 in hopes one spawns
    You'll have to rerun it a few times
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.