Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    Once we know more reliably the average CD time for Crusade once we got the trinket then we can probably look at trinkets that have close to that amount of CD time. Otherwise, until then, EoC and UA are good bets.

I heard Guldan's trinket is good but idk if that was because of BoM or outdated info.
    I've been thinking about Convergence for a while and trying to find some good info about it, but never did it occur to me that the shorter CD would mess up FCM timing. That's gonna ruin my 2016

Interesting scenario, so i have EoC and nightbane chest. But i also have the nyth chest at 895 with socket. Which chest should be used in this event.

My gut tells me the nyth chest but the buff to EoC throws me off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Interesting scenario, so i have EoC and nightbane chest. But i also have the nyth chest at 895 with socket. Which chest should be used in this event.

Easy to figure out, ran into same problem.

Take the difference of the EoC crit effect and times it by 10. Does that total crit amount equal more or less on the other chest? There is your answer.

(random numbers) So for example if EoC baseline gives 410 crit @ 10 stacks, but an empowered chest piece makes it 600 crit @ 10 stacks, take the difference, 190 crit and compare it to total crit on the 895 chest and the existing chest. Which number is greater?
    Same concept even if chests don't have crit per say, little more math and handy work required.

In my case replacing my lower level empowered chest with higher iLevel chest netted me something like 100 more crit, even when accounting for the EoC crit stacks, so I ditched the empowered chest piece.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-01 at 04:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post

The Nightbane Chest gives 30% to the Proccs of corresponding Trinkets, so in this case you get more crit. The rest depends on your Statweights and some Math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all, couldn't help but notice Wake of Ashes isn't on the priority list. Should it be kept on cooldown?

If so, should we open with it? Or first build to 4 HP, spend then use when we can get the benefit of all 5 HP it generates? Thanks!
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Thank uuuuu

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Hi all, couldn't help but notice Wake of Ashes isn't on the priority list. Should it be kept on cooldown?

If so, should we open with it? Or first build to 4 HP, spend then use when we can get the benefit of all 5 HP it generates? Thanks!
    Your opener should be Wake of Ashes > Judgement > Crusade > TV > CS > TV > normal rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    Your opener should be Wake of Ashes > Judgement > Crusade > TV > CS > TV > normal rotation.
    wrong unless you don´t go for crusade on pull.

first build 3 hp -> judge -> crusade -> tv -> Wake

if you want to gamble on a BoW proc in the first 2 melee swings:

judge -> BoW -> Zeal/CS -> BoW -> Judge -> Crusade -> TV -> Zeal/CS -> TV -> Wake

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else feel really weak in pvp after the nerfs? I think they were quite unfair

Deleted
    Tried some trinkets on the PTR this afternoon, seems like the new legendary "Kil'Jaden's Burning Wish" isn't affected by our wings anymore. Does same damage outside/inside. Also, the Gul'dan trinket "Draugt of Souls" might be a top contender along with the Convergence. If timed within 15stack wings+belt legendary its around 350k x 13 hits (can crit as well).

http://imgur.com/zQSYKLN

How do you guys feel regarding Ret now and in 7.1.5? I love single dps spec classes as my main is a DH; I'm looking to level up the Paladin and Priest as they both have the single spec and have the decent offspecs... I'm a casual player and I only really do WQ, LFR and M+, how does Ret perform for all of tthis? And as an off-topic question.. How does Prot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    How do you guys feel regarding Ret now and in 7.1.5? I love single dps spec classes as my main is a DH; I'm looking to level up the Paladin and Priest as they both have the single spec and have the decent offspecs... I'm a casual player and I only really do WQ, LFR and M+, how does Ret perform for all of tthis? And as an off-topic question.. How does Prot?
    You'll find yourself being very beefy in terms of being able to take hits as a paladin in general, even moreso as Prot. Ret's in a pretty good spot right now AND they are losing Blessing of Might soon which is going to help. I wish the AoE was better though, feels like I tickle things to death when I see WW Monks and the like just annihilating things in AoE.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2017-01-02 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    anyone else feel really weak in pvp after the nerfs? I think they were quite unfair
    I like being balanced and I feel balanced thanks be to blizzard real men of genius for this balance they balanced Ret with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    You'll find yourself being very beefy in terms of being able to take hits as a paladin in general, even moreso as Prot. Ret's in a pretty good spot right now AND they are losing Blessing of Might soon which is going to help. I wish the AoE was better though, feels like I tickle things to death when I see WW Monks and the like just annihilating things in AoE.
    The aoe is my only worry however I main a havoc dh so I guess I have all the aoe I need there... Ret seems to have incredible ST however and yeah the strong defence is always very handy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My Winter Storm View Post
    I like being balanced and I feel balanced thanks be to blizzard real men of genius for this balance they balanced Ret with.
    but we're not balanced, not even by Retribution standards

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    The aoe is my only worry however I main a havoc dh so I guess I have all the aoe I need there... Ret seems to have incredible ST however and yeah the strong defence is always very handy
    Rets AOE is respectable people who say otherwise don't know how to play. With enough traits you'll do just fine and your cleave is awesome.

Which nerfs do you refer to? I haven't been on for past 3 weeks due to Holliday. I only remember reading str nerf to our PvP templates, was it 15%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Which nerfs do you refer to? I haven't been on for past 3 weeks due to Holliday. I only remember reading str nerf to our PvP templates, was it 15%?
    yup, and a nerf to JV.

Now we have mediocre damage and healing on top of awful mobility, it feels rather familiar tbh

yup, and a nerf to JV.

Now we have mediocre damage and healing on top of awful mobility, it feels rather familiar tbh
    Ah ya i remb JV (it was a big hit...now i think most Rets will be using E4E, i honestly think JV nerf was uncalled for, now its border line useless) However, i thought 15% str nerf will go live during 7.1.5 when we get 12% dmg buff...guess i was wrong hm... well ty for the info mate, much appreciated =).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundcake View Post
    Rets AOE is respectable people who say otherwise don't know how to play. With enough traits you'll do just fine and your cleave is awesome.
    Feel like that's a jab at me so I'll bite. Never said it wasn't respectable, just that I wish it hit harder when most DH and WW Monk abilities cleave/AoE. Ret can do well but will usually if not always be outperformed in AoE by a DH or WW Monk of equal skill in particular. A lot of other AoE monsters out there as well but those 2 stand out melee-wise imo.

The single-target's great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead