Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I only wish it broke roots and other movement impairment effects when cast.
    It... does break roots. At least the version hunters get on live.

I like that and might dust off my SV hunter for PVP once this goes live. :-)

BM and MM don't need traps really. BM is pet based, MM is pew pew based, so neither need traps and they aren't fantasy related at all, not with SV there. All should have misdirection though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It... does break roots. At least the version hunters get on live.
    Does it?

I thought it would only do it with the Posthaste talent (which Surv hunters can't get together with Disengage). I must confess that I've been using Posthaste since forever and didn't remember Disengage breaking roots without it.

If it does break roots, then I'll get this talent as soon as patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    BM and MM don't need traps really. BM is pet based, MM is pew pew based, so neither need traps and they aren't fantasy related at all, not with SV there. All should have misdirection though.
    My opinion on traps:

BM should get Tar and Freezing Traps.

Surv should get all the trap goodies, but Explosive should not do damage, instead if should be the old Glyphed Knockback trap (no traps in rotation, improve AoE in other ways).

MM shouldn't have traps, but it should have ranged CC of some sort, using different arrows (Bursting Shot and Wyvern Sting baseline)

Yes, everyone should have Misdirection.

And I think Survival should have Camouflage baseline as well (maybe improved Camouflage with talent, allowing you to use it in combat [with reduced duration of course] and not breaking with damage taken).
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-01-03 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Not tied to posthaste is meh

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Well since BM and MM cried rivers about not having traps and got it back I feel this is totally fair to give disengage back to SV
    "Cried rivers" about losing a major part of the hunter class in general LOL...it's always a joy to read such comments.

Does it?

I thought it would only do it with the Posthaste talent (which Surv hunters can't get together with Disengage). I must confess that I've been using Posthaste since forever and didn't remember Disengage breaking roots without it.

If it does break roots, then I'll get this talent as soon as patch hits.
    Oh... That might actually be the case. I have used that talent since forever.
    My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Traps have been something hunters have always had, and made sure, even the word hunter implies traps, as it is a comonly used tool in the "huntering" business :P

lets talk class fantasy missdirection then, how exactly does being in melee bonking the mob in the head with a big ass spear will make the mob think that someone else bonked him in the head? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    People thinking disengage can only be used to retreat

how long have these ppl played hunters? Disengage has been used to chase since 3.0
    Says alot about the general level of skills on these people

Disengage to a target , freeze trap, harpoon to kill target, game won! For thoose who dont know how to use disengage offensive.

ot, It is really good that traps are back for mm and bm, it is so iconic for the class and useful in pve and pvp. That goes with disengage, like alot of ppl stated sv is not that good at surviving and having disangage back will help a bit.

Now we should fight to get masters call back as baseline for all 3 specs. Having scare beast back would be nice aswell! but one can only dream =P

Seems a bit lame for them to have harpoon AND disengage but w/e. I do think sv should have md though, them not having md makes as much sense as ranged hunters not having traps..that is to say none whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyranna View Post
    Seems a bit lame for them to have harpoon AND disengage but w/e. I do think sv should have md though, them not having md makes as much sense as ranged hunters not having traps..that is to say none whatsoever.
    I think you mean it was lame that Disengage was taken from them in the first place. In the original alpha and beta builds SV actually had some pretty awesome talent + traits that made Disengage and Harpoon interact with each other. They should never have gotten rid of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Should they just double down and say "too bad!"? They tried someone things, people were unhappy, and so they reverted them.
    The problem is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. They made changes that were both bad on paper and bad in practice: they just lacked the foresight to see that it would be bad and they were too arrogant to listen to players who saw all this from a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by mete23 View Post
    i dont undesrtand it.... why do you want this on a melee speck?
    So I don't have to swap to MM when questing in Highmountain and having to jump from one of those 1000 mile cliffs to get somewhere.

Kind of an assy idea to put disengage in the tree. They took it away for no reason, now it competes with Posthaste, an amazing movement ability.

Quote Originally Posted by mete23 View Post
    i dont undesrtand it.... why do you want this on a melee speck?
    Exploration/Questing: Avoid falling damage.
    PvP: Getting out of an area when attacked by melees and run is the better option. Very nice if you couple it with Tar Trap/Caltrops, Freezing Trap/Iron Trap or even Wing Clip/Ranger's Net. Also somewhat useful, if limited, in flag carrying situations.
    Raids/Dungeons: Quickly moving out of a danger zone (then Harpoon the boss to return to melee)

Disengage is an amazing skill to add to Survival. However, it should break roots (I'm not sure if it does without Posthaste).
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-01-04 at 03:49 PM.

Exploration/Questing: Avoid falling damage.
    PvP: Getting out of an area when attacked by melees and run is the better option. Very nice if you couple it with Tar Trap/Caltrops, Freezing Trap/Iron Trap or even Wing Clip/Ranger's Net. Also somewhat useful, if limited, in flag carrying situations.
    Raids/Dungeons: Quickly moving out of a danger zone (then Harpoon the boss to return to melee)

Disengage is an amazing skill to add to Survival. However, it should break roots (I'm not sure if it does without Posthaste).
    I really hope it does break root when used. The question is will it make disengage to OP? Because if it does break roots, I believe hunters will have the best mobility in the game compared to other melee.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I really hope it does break root when used. The question is will it make disengage to OP? Because if it does break roots, I believe hunters will have the best mobility in the game compared to other melee.
    I disagree on that. Some melee will be worse (DKs and Ret Paladins), but no way we will be better than monks or demon hunters, and about as mobile as warriors.
    Besides, we are talking about the only melee spec on a ranged class. Survival already has poor defenses (reason why it got buffed Stamina in PvP) and no stuns. No reason to fear it becoming OP, IMO.

I disagree on that. Some melee will be worse (DKs and Ret Paladins), but no way we will be better than monks or demon hunters, and about as mobile as warriors.
    Besides, we are talking about the only melee spec on a ranged class. Survival already has poor defenses (reason why it got buffed Stamina in PvP) and no stuns. No reason to fear it becoming OP, IMO.
    Agree with this. The only thing i can see being remotely "op" is the waylay + guerilla on freezing trap making it not break from damage.
    The fact that it takes 2 seconds to "arm" might be the only reason it wont get nerfed. Lets hope it stays

Should've been baseline. Hate that it's a talent.

No I mean it's lame for them to get more stuff.
    Melee sv never had it in live and do melee svs really want to talk about things being taken away? How about give the rest of us our whole freaking spec back.