Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    In your scenario, why would the man even use contraception if he had no responsibility?

This is real simple....the decision isn't 50/50 because the burden isn't 50/50.
    There are ways to prove that. Besides, doing it unprotected is a shared decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Equality means getting an equal choice in equal situations. The situation is fundamentally unequal and therefore there's no reason to expect the choice to be equal.
    How is it fundamentally unequal?
    She could have used any form of protection or just not had sex without a condom. The cause is fundamentally EQUAL.
    Therefore the effect should be equal too, she either takes a morning after pill or abortion or he gets to "abort".
    The man is not solely responsable for a pregnancy or the lack thereof. Get condoms (yes, they exist for females), keep em closed, use the pill, use IUD, demand the use of a condom. So many options.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

TLDR but I can guess what many people have prolly already said.

IMO yeah it makes sense for the guy to not want to be any part of this child's life. He should make his own feelings clear on the subject cause if he sticks around he's got a nice long period of time where he's going to have to help take care of the child. If he feels strongly about the subject and is in stark disagreement with his wife, then yes he should leave her or she should leave him. This subject shouldn't devolve into a who's better or worse cause of how they feel cause guess what... either way one of the individuals is left in a shitty situation and the 'good' ending isn't possible with the available details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    He wouldn't have a say even if it was his child.
    But he would, for it would be his child and he wouldn't have a problem with it (according to the OP).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    Can't force an abortion, then again, where's the moral and logic in keeping the unborn which is now a physical stamp of someone whom harmed you (the mother) - unless you expect the child to avange you later (doubtful). Nor would I tihnk a religion should protect the offspring of your enemy, basically.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Of course they do, but if you're making life decisions based on animal instincts, maybe you're not worth it and the wife in question is indeed better if she finds someone else.
    If she's better off and he leaves, then what's the issue? Antiquated notions of what it means to be a "real man"?

Please.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

How would you even know if the father of the baby was the rapist or the husband

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Spoon View Post
    The kid turns out to be black.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    The kid turns out to be black.
    What if the husband and/or wife was also black?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What if the husband and/or wife was also black?
    Maybe it turns out to be LESS black. Unlikely though.

That's a shitty situation. She's dirty now, either way. Have to divorce.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It's totally ok for him to want her to get an abortion, but he can't force her to. I have a hard time believing anyone would want to keep the child, even if they were extremely religious. But I guess the best solution is for him to file for divorce.
    That could be because you do not feel as strongly about a life within you. It is her choice. If the guy files for a divorce then she is finding out something about him and deserves someone better. If you really love someone, a incident like this, when it was not the woman's fault, would make no difference and you would honor her wishes because you love her.

Deleted
    If you ever get pregnant, I promise I'll support your right to get an abortion if you want one.
    Women can't even begin to conceive of the notion of another person having the power to murder their child. How could they? Can you imagine if the roles were reversed? They'd scream bloody murder.

Also you making a promise on an impossible hypothetical means absolutely nothing.

There wouldn't be a way to tell without a Fetal Paternity Test. I am a little skeptical of the validity of the story because of the way it was told. Seems like this thread has been engineered to be more of a pro-choice discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    how can a wife be raped?

why did she marry the man if she doesnt want sex?

this sjw/pc crap is literally getting ridicolous
    ...Are you shitting me? Sigh you got some growing up to do. First you didn't read the fucking thread so you look silly. Second, marriages can deteriorate. If a husband comes home violent and high on PCP while demanding sex, you expect the wife to just raise her ass up so he can plow as he pleases? I mean they are married after all right?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    What you're really asking is....Is it okay for the wife to force the husband to pay child support if he gets a divorce....

And the answer is no.

Did your parents just never have "the talk" with you? When you have sex, God punishes women for being unchaste with babies. Men, having been tricked by those wily she-devils, just have to say a few Our Fathers and awkwardly avoid the woman. So there you have it. Men are dumb sinners and women are the biologically distinct hatechild of Lilith and Satan.
    Idiot...
    As I said, women can use protection just the same as men. Now that's equality. The fact that they need to account for their actions does not mean I say they can't have sex. Now stop saying stupid things.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...her-child.html
    This is why. Oh and yes, this is not an isolated case.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That could be because you do not feel as strongly about a life within you. It is her choice. If the guy files for a divorce then she is finding out something about him and deserves someone better. If you really love someone, a incident like this, when it was not the woman's fault, would make no difference and you would honor her wishes because you love her.
    That goes both ways though. She should also honor his wishes.

Deleted
    Weird though it seems it's quite common to keep the baby(quick Google), I would have thought otherwise...

As a father I doubt I could deal with it.
    Then again I understand the trauma an abortion can be, seen it with friends of ours.

Pfew lucky this isn't my call to make...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If I was married and my wife wanted to keep the product of rape I would be questioning if it was rape or not. Either way I would be out of there.

Amniocentesis is offered at 15 weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If I was married and my wife wanted to keep the product of rape I would be questioning if it was rape or not. Either way I would be out of there.
    Yea, I can't imagine a women wanting to keep the product of a rape unless she was stringently against abortion and in that case wouldn't she choose to just put it up for adoption at birth and give up parental rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    With that attitude, you're unlikely to ever get married.

No uterus, no opinion on her choice. He has the option to walk away based on her choice, but that's his choice.

It's amazing how both sides of the discussion are infested with people interested in shaming away personal choice.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.