Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is the problem the game itself or Blizzard as a company? Neither.

I didn't read everything posted:

To me, it is the company. The devs they have on Diablo 3 have been awful at times as well. They don't listen nor care about player feedback. The only thing the PTR is used for by the Diablo 3 devs are bugs. If people did not do the PTR in Diablo 3, seasons would get destroyed by exploits. Just look at the ignored feedback in their PTR forum and it resembles WoW Legion's feedback that was vastly ignored as well.

This company has become like Apple, they know what is best for everyone because they made the product.

Since wotlk-Activision,when are you fuckers ever gonna learn.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Part of the problem IS on blizzards side, it's obvious there are too many servers right now and to have a decent community experience you either have to have an existing guild already from the past, or increase your chances to find one on higher population servers.

They promised to look at more server connections at blizzcon but there has been ZERO info since, same for the services for gold thing, it was announced but no news since.

As a returning player, after 3 year break, I came back finding my server horde side very empty, and seems even more empty when most of the horde I see are CRZ'ed in from other non connected groups.

I raided for 9 years nonstop from launch to 2013 , my urge to raid isn't as high now, but my server is honestly a wasteland mostly full of other faction or CRZ illusions you cannot guild with.

Sure you can say transfer or restarting on another realm is an option out there, but really , is it a sane option for hundreds if not thousands of people on empty realms??

If I only had 1 character I felt attached to over the years of playing I have no problem with a single transfer, but really I like playing multiple classes.

Of course I can see people posting there is little to no problem, but those people have an established group/guild already.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-03 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Part of the problem IS on blizzards side, it's obvious there are too many servers right now and to have a decent community experience you either have to have an existing guild already from the past, or increase your chances to find one on higher population servers.

They promised to look at more server connections at blizzcon but there has been ZERO info since, same for the services for gold thing, it was announced but no news since.

As a returning player, after 3 year break, I came back finding my server horde side very empty, and seems even more empty when most of the horde I see are CRZ'ed in from other non connected groups.

I raided for 9 years nonstop from launch to 2013 , my urge to raid isn't as high now, but my server is honestly a wasteland mostly full of other faction or CRZ illusions you cannot guild with.

Sure you can say transfer or restarting on another realm is an option out there, but really , is it a sane option for hundreds if not thousands of people on empty realms??

If I only had 1 character I felt attached to over the years of playing I have no problem with a single transfer, but really I like playing multiple classes.

Of course I can see people posting there is little to no problem, but those people have an established group/guild already.
    If there are thousands of people in "empty" realms then the realms aren't really empty?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Snip
    This is exactly what is wrong with this game. This person and the so many like him.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If there are thousands of people in "empty" realms then the realms aren't really empty?
    Of course I don't mean thousands on 1 realm they are scattered across like the majority of realms, with only a few high population realm per type/language/faction.

The problem is developing a game for multiple play styles and attitudes. Interpreting how even a small change will be perceived by all people is impossible. The community just has to accept that the game isn't developed for themselves only and stop spitting out their dummy every time they don't like a change.

Is it the game? Yes, Legion has some flaws - like every iteration of WoW that's been released. And, they seem to have some problems unique to that team.

Is the company the problem? No. That's just silly. They've released several top notch, popular games that millions of people play. Overwatch and Hearthstone were Blizzard knocking it out of the park. HOTS, not so much. I expect that's the game that will end, long before the others. The Diablo team is seemingly in limbo right now, and who knows what the Starcraft team is up to - but overall, they're in great shape, making a ton of money, not laying people off, and millions of people play their games and have fun every day.

It's up to you, who you choose to do business with, but I think your perspective is a tiny, meagre outlier of the vast, overall customer base Blizzard has. This is just another "I quit" thread, and about as meaningless/meaningful as any of the others. I stopped playing in the first week of WOD. I didn't post about it, I just stopped playing. Millions of others, didn't. Whatever. Go find a game you like, and play it. There's thousands of games on Steam alone, I'm sure you'll find something you like, by a company who doesn't offend your sensibilities. Good luck to you, in your future gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    For someone who canceled their subscription and doesn't like Blizz, you sure spend a lot of time here in forums starting threads to discuss the game.

Not judging, but I have to think you would be happier moving on to a new hobby. I mean, you can always come back if you change your mind, but if you're not gonna play why hang around discussing it every day?
    Eh. There's a lot of us who don't play, but are still interested in what happens next - when you commit to a game for a decade, it's a hard habit to break.

Overall, I think these "I quit!" threads are fine, they're just trying to justify the decision. WoW gets under your skin, I felt that guilt, when I quit, it took a while to get that sense of missing out on something out of my head. I went back and forth for a little while, trying to decide to give it another shot. (Didn't, and don't regret it.)

It's like The Walking Dead. They lost me around season 3. But I'll show up for the finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Snip
    I've read some rubbish on this forum over the years, but this post must be near the top of the list.

If people are leaving the game as OP is saying in droves.... how come I just hit a queue (albeit a small one) when I just logged in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    When I talk to people that say they aren't pleased with the game anymore or that have even quit it seems to all come back to one thing. The game itself is entertaining and realistically there won't be any game you can play for 15 hrs a day for months and months and not get bored but what always seems to be the main issue is with Blizzard as a company.

I think the biggest problem with World of Warcraft is they just don't seem to know how to please their customers and over the years it feels like people are starting to dislike Blizzard as a company more than they dislike the game itself. We all remember when Ghostcrawler was around everybody hates this guy, they blamed him for the downfalls of the game or their class being bad at the game even tweeting him and making rage forum posts about him.

Look at the situation we are in now. Players are completely lost they don't know when 7.1.5 is going to come, they don't know when 7.2 is going to come. They have no idea how their class is going to turn out...The players are so lost and you can say "Blizzard has been on vacation!"...It literally takes 1 blue posts to "calm the community".

I cancelled my subscription not because I hate the game its just because I don't like Blizzard as a company and how they handle things and i'm sure others feel the same way. The biggest excuse people say is well casuals don't care about it its only the 1% that complain...Thats a fair statement maybe we are just the 1% but guess what we are the most passionate about the game. The casuals will quit but the 1% will stick it out because we just love the game. Yet we are often so punished because we are the minority instead of the majority and its sad really because its not impossible to please the 1% as people make it out to be.

World of Warcraft will always be a legendary game but I think 10 years from now when the game is probably no longer active and we talk about it to others we will say "that game was amazing but the developers/company etc were bad" and thats something that is going to hurt this games legacy.
    The Problem is in your title.
    You state there is a problem with either Blizzard or the game.

I say that the problem is the needy, I want it all NOW, I want it MY way People who are playing the game.
    When 5.000.000+ players are playing a game, Everyone can't be satisfied with everything about the game.

The game is at the best it has ever been right now. There is allways something to do ingame (maybe even too much, no complaint there)

Blizzard has allways said that things are released when they are ready. ALLWAYS!!!

You allways read about the people who complains. You allmost never reads about the people who are satisfied and happy with the game.
    I'm Satisfied and Happy about the game. I have been playing since 1 month before release. I haven't unsubbed once in all that time. I have played Semi High End PvE. I have played Very casual solo gameplay. I have played somewhat competitive Arena.

Stuff gets changed. Sometimes for better. Sometimes for worse. Live with it or leave.
    I don't think they are herrassing people to unsubscribe LOL.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    If people are leaving the game as OP is saying in droves.... how come I just hit a queue (albeit a small one) when I just logged in?
    As a complete aside, that small queue (single-digits) is a glitch. I hit it half the time, yet it is impossible for the numbers to behave like that. With as often as I am hitting the queue, I have to be like a hundredth at least a couple of times, it's just math. It looks like an artifact introduced by their changes to bnet.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    When I talk to people that say they aren't pleased with the game anymore or that have even quit it seems to all come back to one thing. The game itself is entertaining and realistically there won't be any game you can play for 15 hrs a day for months and months and not get bored but what always seems to be the main issue is with Blizzard as a company.

I think the biggest problem with World of Warcraft is they just don't seem to know how to please their customers and over the years it feels like people are starting to dislike Blizzard as a company more than they dislike the game itself. We all remember when Ghostcrawler was around everybody hates this guy, they blamed him for the downfalls of the game or their class being bad at the game even tweeting him and making rage forum posts about him.

Look at the situation we are in now. Players are completely lost they don't know when 7.1.5 is going to come, they don't know when 7.2 is going to come. They have no idea how their class is going to turn out...The players are so lost and you can say "Blizzard has been on vacation!"...It literally takes 1 blue posts to "calm the community".

I cancelled my subscription not because I hate the game its just because I don't like Blizzard as a company and how they handle things and i'm sure others feel the same way. The biggest excuse people say is well casuals don't care about it its only the 1% that complain...Thats a fair statement maybe we are just the 1% but guess what we are the most passionate about the game. The casuals will quit but the 1% will stick it out because we just love the game.Yet we are often so punished because we are the minority instead of the majority and its sad really because its not impossible to please the 1% as people make it out to be.

World of Warcraft will always be a legendary game but I think 10 years from now when the game is probably no longer active and we talk about it to others we will say "that game was amazing but the developers/company etc were bad" and thats something that is going to hurt this games legacy.
    What exactly did you stick out? You admit you canceled your sub.

The problem is it's a 12 year old game. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    For me it's more of blizzard and less of the game. All the time gating, endless grinding makes the game less interesting. It's the blizzard's approach that i have a problem with. They plan (time gate) the content so that they never run out of content and to avoid content droughts. That's a bad approach. Why not make more content or something else. Time gating is the least liked by players, though understandably it works for blizzard well as its easy and cost effective.

Legion without time gating, endless grinding could have been the best expansion ever, who knows?
    Because making content takes time and money. They can't just magically throw stuff out every few weeks.

In response to time gating, if they removed it, there would be tons of threads saying that the game was too short or too easy and there's nothing left to do because people who play 18 hours a day burned through it all in a week or two. There is nothing wrong with time gating, it's just these entitled brats who want instant gratification and have nothing better to do than play WoW all day.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    The game is fun.

What is not fun is the horrible choices the employees make, like putting very imbalanced legendaries in the game with a long time between acquiring them, and not realizing this will affect peoples ability to group. Or taking skills away from us and giving them back as talents, or moving things that make no sense, or buffing or nerfing things without any concern for how it will affect the class afterwards. I mean just look at the way they balance. It's always round numbers. 10%, 20%, 50%. You never see 1,2,3%, or god forbid 4.68%. The concern isn't tweaking things closer and never has been, it's broad sweeps to get people to shut up for a minute, or misdirect until they calm down and go away.
    You really can't say enough bad about the legendary system: it's been a catastrophic failure. You could please the mythic raiders with utility legendaries, true, but then no one would care about them at all. Period. They could only be exciting if they were all throughput with utility mixed in.

And a total class revamp was an act of arrogance. I'm not just blaming Ion because someone must have said, "yes, go ahead, sounds like a good plan." But there were a lot of players pretty happy with their class. You needed to fix some specs, sure, but redesigning every single class just seemed, well, silly. The current designers thinking they could do things better now.

Blizzard doesn't believe in communication with customers; they believe in PR interviews to boost subs. Greg Street was an exception and that's why he didn't really fit in at blizzard.

I would also add that Maw grinds are incredibly unhealthy for the game (mechanar anyone?). That should have been a high priority fix in their mind.

I don't think they game is in a horrible state at all. Their legendary thinking is just baffling. Nerfing the best ones so the dumb ones look better? Wut? The AP grind needed a cap, that was all there ever was to it.

I've been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans in the 90s.

Blizzard as a company is A problem, not THE problem. Legion, to me anyways, is a vast improvement over the last 2 expansions. But games like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are a far cry from their predecessors, as is current WoW versus it's original iteration and subsequent 2 expansions.

The company hasn't been the same since they sold out to Activision, a fact made apparent by playing Torchlight 1 or 2 for more than 5 minutes. But that isn't why Legion has faults.

I'd argue a third option:

The playerbase is the problem.

Everything seems fine. Blizzard has some of the best games in the industry.

The problem is, and always will be, the players.

Deleted
    I think the main problem is that the devs that once made WoW great are long gone and have been replaced with incompetent ones who have no real passion for their work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Legion, to me anyways, is a vast improvement over the last 2 expansions.
    Well, that doesn't really take much.