Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    I would gladly have a slower paced resourse generation (even if it will be vulnerable to movement) if spending it would feel meaningful. Now it's just meh.
    Me too, I'm not a fan of being flooded with resources and having what's supposed to be our big nuke long cast time spender hit for less damage than other classes instant casts.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    We had Fire and Brimstone in MoP, Pre-Charred Remains, and it was quite useful. Do you really prefer tab-targeting immolates and hoping the tank doesn't drag everything out of your pathetically small Rain of Fire?
    FnB in MSV was OP as fuck and we will never have that version again. EVER. Yes it was hella fun to be able to solo the spirit realm on Gara'jal but that won't be the reality in any future version of FNB.

We will have reliable AOE in 7.1.5 with FNB or Cataclysm+RoF. Soul Harvest isn't strong enough that our ST damage will be significantly diminished by not taking it on AOE fights.
    Last edited by Scathbais; 2017-01-03 at 02:55 PM.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    At the very least to tempt me to play my once beloved warlock again they need to get back KJC, even if its on a CD. Also something to instantly summon a pet. And shadowfury must be instant again. Just look at what's been lost by Destro in Legion - it's shameful. As to clunky demo, no thank you (it's been a just give them a few more demons approach as far as I can see). And Aff seems to have lost even more than Destro of what once made it a unique and enjoyable class spec.

They have emasculated locks in Legion like no other class and quite frankly I don't get why people still play them.

^master baiter right here, at least he's being honest with the name.

I know this is going to sound like mage bashing....but the very idea of fire spec's mastery is SO much more warlock oriented. Your setting things on fire so much that it spreads into a burning dot. We really should have had this.

My biggest annoyance with the spec is how often i get a good group, and by the time my CB cast time is up, the mobs already dead and my casting time gets wasted. I wish it would just complete and find another aggroed target to focus on like the magistrike bracers does with its bouncing CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    My biggest annoyance with the spec is how often i get a good group, and by the time my CB cast time is up, the mobs already dead and my casting time gets wasted. I wish it would just complete and find another aggroed target to focus on like the magistrike bracers does with its bouncing CB.
    I hope normal chaos bolt never starts picking targets like magistrike to be honest. Usually it goes well, but I still have quite a few times in M+ where it decides to bounce to a fresh pack and I've entirely stopped counting the times it bounced to a banished or otherwise cc'ed mob... It's a strong legendary, but it can backfire really hard at a really wrong moment.

It doesn't bounce to things that are OOC, only time it does is when there's some wonky fake combat going on like in arcway before the cleaner boss and even when that happens it doesn't aggro them it just hits them. If you've ever felt like it pulled something that you weren't fighting, either you or someone in your group fucked up. Happens a lot these days with what they did to tab targeting where you'll tab to something that isn't even on your screen.

Things sure do love bouncing to CC'd targets though, its really funny having to explain this to pugs when they try to CC in high mythic+ and you're all like.. yeah... no...

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It doesn't bounce to things that are OOC, only time it does is when there's some wonky fake combat going on like in arcway before the cleaner boss and even when that happens it doesn't aggro them it just hits them. If you've ever felt like it pulled something that you weren't fighting, either you or someone in your group fucked up. Happens a lot these days with what they did to tab targeting where you'll tab to something that isn't even on your screen.

Things sure do love bouncing to CC'd targets though, its really funny having to explain this to pugs when they try to CC in high mythic+ and you're all like.. yeah... no...
    Yeah the cc thing is annoying. I've reported it to blizzard QA. my guess is even if they acknowledge it's a bug, that it will be well down the list of things to fix

Ah, I stand corrected about bouncing to OOC then - I probably just took the blame too easily. But yeah, for CC my group decided that pretty much only Banish is worth it due to magistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I hope normal chaos bolt never starts picking targets like magistrike to be honest. Usually it goes well, but I still have quite a few times in M+ where it decides to bounce to a fresh pack and I've entirely stopped counting the times it bounced to a banished or otherwise cc'ed mob... It's a strong legendary, but it can backfire really hard at a really wrong moment.
    Just blame the Hunter(every ability) or shadow priest (tab targetting)

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    FnB in MSV was OP as fuck and we will never have that version again. EVER. Yes it was hella fun to be able to solo the spirit realm on Gara'jal but that won't be the reality in any future version of FNB.
    Yeah, it was OP, but the point was that FnB was not inherently reliant on Charred Remains...at least until they nerfed Rain of Fire.

Either way the problem with FnB was never Rain of Fire. The modifier on FnB was way too strong and barely a downgrade from normal Incinerates. Instead of nerfing the modifier to lower damage potential while keeping it mechanically identical, they did the dumb thing and destroyed RoF, causing FnB to now be dependent on Charred Remains to function.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2017-01-03 at 11:25 PM.

I've been reading this thread as someone who rerolled from a Hunter (890ilvl) to a Warlock for Nighthold and what most of the complaints seem to be is "X was better in X". It's the same thing as the Vanilla vs Retail debate. You need to move on and understand that THINGS CANNOT STAY THE SAME FOREVER and that the way a class changes and operates will change. People saying "Demo feels clunky" have you evaluated your gameplay and do you have enough haste? "Destruction is bad!!!!" Well I don't think it is. Maintain your havoc properly, keep your immolate up, make sure you're managing Backdraft or Roaring Blaze properly depending on which talent you're playing.
    I will say that Affliction feels very lifeless on a single target fight, and the removal of snapshotting has lowered the skillcap on an otherwise 'used to be difficult' spec to something my 5 year old cousin could mash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Star View Post
    I've been reading this thread as someone who rerolled from a Hunter (890ilvl) to a Warlock for Nighthold and what most of the complaints seem to be is "X was better in X". It's the same thing as the Vanilla vs Retail debate. You need to move on and understand that THINGS CANNOT STAY THE SAME FOREVER and that the way a class changes and operates will change. People saying "Demo feels clunky" have you evaluated your gameplay and do you have enough haste? "Destruction is bad!!!!" Well I don't think it is. Maintain your havoc properly, keep your immolate up, make sure you're managing Backdraft or Roaring Blaze properly depending on which talent you're playing.
    I will say that Affliction feels very lifeless on a single target fight, and the removal of snapshotting has lowered the skillcap on an otherwise 'used to be difficult' spec to something my 5 year old cousin could mash.
    You do have to understand that things cannot stay the same forever and that things change. Have you evaluated your gear? Do you have enough mastery for affliction? "affliction is easy!!!!" Well I don't think it is. Maintain your dots properly, keep up your agony. Make you you're managing Soul Effigy and Reap Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    You do have to understand that things cannot stay the same forever and that things change. Have you evaluated your gear? Do you have enough mastery for affliction? "affliction is easy!!!!" Well I don't think it is. Maintain your dots properly, keep up your agony. Make you you're managing Soul Effigy and Reap Souls.
    There's not exactly any real difficult DPS left either. They streamlined practically every DPS into simple priority systems. There's still ways to eek out that extra with good play but it's not like a chasm of difference like it could be in Wrath through WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    There's not exactly any real difficult DPS left either. They streamlined practically every DPS into simple priority systems. There's still ways to eek out that extra with good play but it's not like a chasm of difference like it could be in Wrath through WoD.
    Yeah I know that. I was just making fun of Patrick Star being a hypocrite by having a strong opinion about people with opinions :P

Although I've heard Feral Druid is not that easy, but don't know since I've played a druid

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Yeah, it was OP, but the point was that FnB was not inherently reliant on Charred Remains...at least until they nerfed Rain of Fire.

Either way the problem with FnB was never Rain of Fire. The modifier on FnB was way too strong and barely a downgrade from normal Incinerates. Instead of nerfing the modifier to lower damage potential while keeping it mechanically identical, they did the dumb thing and destroyed RoF, causing FnB to now be dependent on Charred Remains to function.
    Recall also that the range on FNB was outrageous. Was that related to an early version of Mannoroth's Fury?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Well played, Sir (Ma'am? the pic is confusing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Recall also that the range on FNB was outrageous. Was that related to an early version of Mannoroth's Fury?
    Original mannoroths increased aoe radius by 500%, it still did that when it became an on use but only to RoF iirc which made it fairly useless.

Original mannoroths increased aoe radius by 500%, it still did that when it became an on use but only to RoF iirc which made it fairly useless.
    On release in MoP FnB and rof also had a 15 yd radius baseline, which was nerfed to 10 during the first tier. So mannoroth's was nerfed (deservedly) by that change as well

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    On release in MoP FnB and rof also had a 15 yd radius baseline, which was nerfed to 10 during the first tier. So mannoroth's was nerfed (deservedly) by that change as well
    I mean, the mannoroths change to becoming an active basically made both spells(MF / RoF) useless. Mannoroths was a niche talent that had situational use and was fairly powerful when it could be used. RoF was an issue because it was being used for ST which they didn't like, so they nerfed RoF baseline and made mannoroths an active that significantly buffed its damage, which meant you used neither pretty much ever.

RoF could do with a larger radius right now.