Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Nighthold raid which spec is top tier?

Which spec in nighthold is going to be top tier? I heard that Affliction will be top and you wont have to use the stupid soul eefigy talent. is it true? will you be able to go destro?

Deleted
    U will be able to go anything u want, what are u from a top 5 world guild or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vipala View Post
    U will be able to go anything u want, what are u from a top 5 world guild or something ?
    Hi, welcome to the mmochampions boards, and yes, there are a lot of people who are world firsts that come here, including people who write the book on the class which millions of people look to for information on how to up their game. People here want to play the spec which brings the most damage, they want to bring their best even if it is 1% or .01% better.

Just because you don't play that way doesn't mean no one does. These boards exist for people seeking information, not for people seeking to not answer questions.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Both Destro and Affliction should be contenders provided you can play the spec. Demo should be fine as well, but will suffer as it does now in non-tunneling fights. If you're asking what sims better, you'll have to wait for a few days after patch as a lot is changing. Keep playing what you have been would be my recommendation.

I'm almost finished with destro artifact weapon, will probably spend points to get up there in demo for single target fights.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hi, welcome to the mmochampions boards, and yes, there are a lot of people who are world firsts that come here, including people who write the book on the class which millions of people look to for information on how to up their game. People here want to play the spec which brings the most damage, they want to bring their best even if it is 1% or .01% better.

Just because you don't play that way doesn't mean no one does. These boards exist for people seeking information, not for people seeking to not answer questions.
    Wonderful response. Anyone who posts on a fan forum probably wants to excel at a class.

/bravo

Deleted

These boards exist to give people information true, but not to answer the same question over and over and over and over again when someone supposedly intrested could just read some threads in the very first page and get his answer. Thats just lazy and some people dont like when others just want everything getting handed to them with 0 effort.

Also the people that you mention, who are world firsts and who write books that millions of people read to up the game, have said like a billion times allready what the 2nd post said. Though that matters only if someone actually reads anything before going "hey lets make another thread cause i am "to busy" to read.

@op There is no spec that will be top in every encounter assuming you play them all equally and have good legendaries for each spec. So if you want to min max to the point of 1% dmg differences, you have to play all three specs and get legendaries for all of them.
    If you dont care to min max/dont have the time to lvl all the specs pick one spec you like and lvl that + get legendaries for that.

All specs will be viable but demo is better in ST, destruction in cleave/priority add nuking, affliction in aoe/sustained cleave. If you play only afflicton you WILL play with effigy too as things stand now if you dont want to gimp yourself.

To sum it up you if you want to choose a spec there are three things:
    1) What legendaries you have
    2) What you play better (usually thats the one you enjoy most)
    3)What type of dmg your raid needs more (St,aoe,cleave)
    These will determine what is the top tier spec for you, in that order. We dont have a pre 7.1.5 fire mage spec.

So ye the answer if you have no specific legendaries and you are not in a fixed raid setup iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis......(drum roll)............
    play what you like!!
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2017-01-03 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    You're also mor elikely to get more performance out of something you enjoy playing, and unless you're in a mythic progress build you can play whatever you like. I have neve rplayed destruction as I hate the playstyle

I will continue playing destro in the next raid since I already have legendaries for it and there's plenty of fights where I can make good use of wreak havoc and wreak the dps meter.
    I started gearing my affliction spec and if I manage to bring it close to destro I will prolly switch to it, if there's fights where affli does considerably better.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    All specs will be viable but demo is better in ST, destruction in cleave/priority add nuking, affliction in aoe/sustained cleave. If you play only afflicton you WILL play with effigy too as things stand now if you dont want to gimp yourself.
    Current PTR implementation of Warlock specs disagree with you. Just look the threads around, like you advise people to do.

These boards exist to give people information true, but not to answer the same question over and over and over and over again when someone supposedly intrested could just read some threads in the very first page and get his answer. Thats just lazy and some people dont like when others just want everything getting handed to them with 0 effort.

Also the people that you mention, who are world firsts and who write books that millions of people read to up the game, have said like a billion times allready what the 2nd post said. Though that matters only if someone actually reads anything before going "hey lets make another thread cause i am "to busy" to read.

@op There is no spec that will be top in every encounter assuming you play them all equally and have good legendaries for each spec. So if you want to min max to the point of 1% dmg differences, you have to play all three specs and get legendaries for all of them.
    If you dont care to min max/dont have the time to lvl all the specs pick one spec you like and lvl that + get legendaries for that.

These will determine what is the top tier spec for you, in that order. We dont have a pre 7.1.5 fire mage spec.

So ye the answer if you have no specific legendaries and you are not in a fixed raid setup iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis......(drum roll)............
    play what you like!!
    Yes, god forbid someone should ask a question and someone else answer them even if the answer can be found elsewhere on the boards. And since you don't want to waste your time answering something that has already been answered elsewhere instead we waste our time saying it doesn't matter unless you are World first, because wasting your time is so precious that you have to waste your time posting the opposite. Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Which spec in nighthold is going to be top tier? I heard that Affliction will be top and you wont have to use the stupid soul eefigy talent. is it true? will you be able to go destro?
    I'm in the process of getting all the weapons to 35 in case one spec is better than the other. I plan to have Affliction as my off spec since I always enjoyed it the best. Main spec Demo since the start of ex pack and do not have any other spec specific legendarys. I currently have the demo ring and shoulders. I love the shoulders as they smooth out rotation greatly but I'm hoping to get a DPS leg before the end. I have Norg Foresight that can be used with all lock specs and its a great stat stick with the haste and mastery. Currently demo artifact is at 39, destruction is 35, affliction is around 31. I feel good about this as it will make swapping specs if needed a bit less painful. Almost capped on legendary research and wow what a difference in AP gain. Anyways good luck to you in your search for best spec, as stated previously we really wont know for sure until patch is live but Affliction and destruction seem to be in a good place post patch.

play what you like!!
    Maybe you need to spend more time practicing reading as my response was directed at someone saying, "If you are not World first who cares?" And not, "The answer is posted elsewhere so go find it." Saying you have to be World first for anything to matter is about as forum noob as it gets.
    See I can be snarky too.

Maybe you need to spend more time practicing reading as my response was directed at someone saying, "If you are not World first who cares?" And not, "The answer is posted elsewhere so go find it." Saying you have to be World first for anything to matter is about as forum noob as it gets.
    See I can be snarky too.
    Yeah, I mean read his post. It's so horribly off point that he's just trying to be antagonist; or he's a moron. I'll leave you to decide I guess. Your post to the douche about world first bla bla bla was excellent. The OP is a legit question; and it's one that can be repeated over and over as tuning occurs. The answer may not be as simple as the OP hopes; but that's not a problem with the question itself. Some of the answers here are informative. But ya, some people just want to argue on the forums. Let's be honest, it's why so many people are on these forums to begin with: just to argue.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am going to play what I always play because I love it and it's Affliction, I don't care what will be better or not.

Which spec in nighthold is going to be top tier?
    No one knows. PTR raid testing is limited and non-final. Also in all likelyhood the 7.1.5 changes will go through next week, which means we can't even simply extrapolate from current raid performance.

No one can be sure what spec will be "top tier" or how big a gap between the specs there will be. It'll take weeks of thousands of Warlocks throwing themselves against progression bosses with a host of unpolished raid strats before people get a solid idea of which specs are the winners and losers of the tier.

And let's not forget the hotfixes which will come on mythic opening. Or not.

Too be fair, if you're a top 100 raider. You would know which spec is better without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    Too be fair, if you're a top 100 raider. You would know which spec is better without asking.
    Not always.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Not always.
    If you're playing at such a high level of competitiveness. It would be silly to not study every single spec and patch note religiously.