Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Nothing, the whole team got forcibly moved to work on Legion.
    They could be working on something unannounced. It's also a free game at this point. Expecting them to constantly provide free updates is strange. It isn't like Path of Exile where the game thrives off spending real money for in game items. Blizzard doesn't want to go that direction, yet. There's a freaking $440 item in their shop.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

The game isn't free. It's still 20 bucks and they could easily make money off of it with something like cosmetic loot boxes like overwatch or hero packs like necro. Problem is there is no development going into this game to do that. Necro is still half a year away and all new content since ros release has been re used old content
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The game isn't free. It's still 20 bucks and they could easily make money off of it with something like cosmetic loot boxes like overwatch or hero packs like necro. Problem is there is no development going into this game to do that. Necro is still half a year away and all new content since ros release has been re used old content
    More than reused old content, the things that were in development for a second xpack that will never be released. Class packs given a good price (10-15$) may be the right solution to keep the game alive enough and justify some support - nothing really fancy but some new features and maybe a paragon rework.

Also, they have just hired the game director for a new game in the Diablo franchise. So it's pretty clear what the direction will be for the franchise.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

They can shove this event deep into their ...
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They could be working on something unannounced. It's also a free game at this point. Expecting them to constantly provide free updates is strange. It isn't like Path of Exile where the game thrives off spending real money for in game items. Blizzard doesn't want to go that direction, yet. There's a freaking $440 item in their shop.
    I remember playing D2. I remember when Blizzard worked on, then released, a massive patch that updated and improved the game LONG after the games release (I think it was 1.12, from memory). But that was just how Blizzard worked in those days, doing things for the love of gaming and for the good of their customers. It's one of the reasons that so many people have such a strong affiliation with the company that (inexplicably) still continues today.

This was before the days of Activision and Vivendi, of course.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Aw, but it was supposed to be all about passion for games, so your nasty nasty argument is really uncalled for. However, the sheer number of D3 features ported poorly into WoW speaks voumes. Well, maybe not the whole team, maybe just the juniors (or so it would seem from quality of the ports).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I remember playing D2. I remember when Blizzard worked on, then released, a massive patch that updated and improved the game LONG after the games release (I think it was 1.12, from memory). But that was just how Blizzard worked in those days, doing things for the love of gaming and for the good of their customers. It's one of the reasons that so many people have such a strong affiliation with the company that (inexplicably) still continues today.

That doesn't mean you receive content every 6 months. The last expansion came out in March of 2014. That brought massive changes to a 2 year old game. Since then we've had Rift changes, class changes, conquests, bounties, set dungeons, legendary revamp,seasons, etc, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki...nsedpatchnotes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Aw, but it was supposed to be all about passion for games, so your nasty nasty argument is really uncalled for. However, the sheer number of D3 features ported poorly into WoW speaks voumes. Well, maybe not the whole team, maybe just the juniors (or so it would seem from quality of the ports).
    Because I disagreed I'm being nasty? Sounds like you're jealous of the success of their other franchises. D3 earned lots of changes in 2016. We don't know what's on the plate for 2017 yet.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    That doesn't mean you receive content every 6 months. The last expansion came out in March of 2014. That brought massive changes to a 2 year old game. Since then we've had Rift changes, class changes, conquests, bounties, set dungeons, legendary revamp,seasons, etc, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki...nsedpatchnotes

- - - Updated - - -

Because I disagreed I'm being nasty? Sounds like you're jealous of the success of their other franchises. D3 earned lots of changes in 2016. We don't know what's on the plate for 2017 yet.
    Turn on your sarcasm detector, please.

You do realize blizzard has always been owned by another company, besides for 2 years right?

Can't put the blame on Activision or Vivendi...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think this should be made available for the whole year + mimic D2 boss runs, so we could run it as an alternative to Rifts or Adventure Quests.
    This would provide us with a nice, long alternative. I could totally run that.

There's already a great Diablo 1 remake.

Fun as hell too. Thank god I still have my Diablo CD. How can such an old game capture so well the feel of item hunting and dungeon crawling better than most anything I have played?

It's a joke. They're preparing Diablo for the DLC model

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    There's already a great Diablo 1 remake.

Fun as hell too. Thank god I still have my Diablo CD. How can such an old game capture so well the feel of item hunting and dungeon crawling better than most anything I have played?
    I wish I had my D1 CD still.. I miss that game + Hellfire so much.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's a joke. They're preparing Diablo for the DLC model
    Which if actually works, may be something to convince Blizzard in investing more people in it and give us actual content and not crappy seasonal dungeons. Anyway, since it's very likely they're going to announce the WoW token -> WoW balance conversion, it's very likely i'm paying for my Necro with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Which if actually works, may be something to convince Blizzard in investing more people in it and give us actual content and not crappy seasonal dungeons. Anyway, since it's very likely they're going to announce the WoW token -> WoW balance conversion, it's very likely i'm paying for my Necro with that.
    That's the optimistic view, the pessimistic view (which is what happens with a lot of games) is that they realize they make so much money selling nasty little DLC that they don't need to ever develop anything again

That's the optimistic view, the pessimistic view (which is what happens with a lot of games) is that they realize they make so much money selling nasty little DLC that they don't need to ever develop anything again
    Yeah, that's a real possibility. Adding new classes is somewhat "safe" - you have no content gated behind paywalls, but if the Necro comes out overpowered i can see ladder players start complaining about having to pay to get the best "meta" and unfair competition/p2w overall.

They really need to make it right this time or the game will suffer even more than before from this. Blizzard has no half measures for products not standing their name and company's quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    More than reused old content, the things that were in development for a second xpack that will never be released. Class packs given a good price (10-15$) may be the right solution to keep the game alive enough and justify some support - nothing really fancy but some new features and maybe a paragon rework.

Also, they have just hired the game director for a new game in the Diablo franchise. So it's pretty clear what the direction will be for the franchise.
    At least they are still adding stuff to the game. Outside of balance fixes how often did Blizzard add new stuff to D1/D2? I don't recall complaints back then.

Vivendi bought the company that owned Blizzard in 1998, two years before Diablo 2 even came out.

I really think they are biding their time until the next iteration of Diablo(4) comes out. Their hands may be tied in what they can do at this moment, limiting them to a new area every now and then, new mobs, items, classes, fixes. If they cannot find a way to add new sets, I would gladly welcome new classes even if they are paid for. For new sets, I would look at the Ancient item non set builds people are using and get inspiration from them.

Deleted
    The whole event is piss poor. Really underwhelming, installed d3 back just for it and quickly regretted it...