Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, blizzard was blind developing Legion

Most issues that are being "fixed" in 7.1.5 we're extremely open and pointed out during alpha/beta but nothing was ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    Not having 7.1.5 hurts me mainly because it will be another week that I can't raid with my friends. I came back late, but due to the time block with Artifact Knowledge and Order Hall Research, I can't participate. I have to wait 26 more days to equip my second legendary. I'm at artifact knowledge level 5. Even though I have the gear, I have to wait for those dang time blocks. I know I'm not alone in my pity party!

Legion has been the least friendly expansion for newcomers/late starters in WoW history.
    So how is 7.1.5 going to help you? AK catch up mechanics are only available if you already have a main that went through the ak processes

Deleted
    Not really the patch is more than done, they're doing a big ptr update patch this week, most likely tomorrow.

The tuning is mainly on a mathematical level, meaning that can be adjusted with realtime Nighthold data.

All the rest in the patch has been in development for quite some time now.

I do feel like rebalancing classes a week before nighthold is only gonna cause trouble rather than fixing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    And for plenty the micro holidays are as exciting as twitter integration. Class changes effects everyone even if people don't realize it or barely care.
    I'm not sure what argument you are making. If they barely care about class tweaks, then why is it important? They are going to log in an do what they did before the patch. Micro holidays give them something to do different versus log in and do the same dailys over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I do feel like rebalancing classes a week before nighthold is only gonna cause trouble rather than fixing anything.
    Blizzard does this in every expansion. They'll never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm not sure what argument you are making. If they barely care about class tweaks, then why is it important? They are going to log in an do what they did before the patch. Micro holidays give them something to do different versus log in and do the same dailys over and over.
    Care or not it impacts everyone. Micro holidays are.going to be loke pet battles, some will love it most wont touch it. Even if people do like some there are so many you will have to wait months to a year to do them again. Changing how some specs work, how all stats add up and how gear works is enclusive to all, it even impacts the micro holidays.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Micro holiday garbage could had been scrapped , the time they put into that could had been better served elsewhere.
    This. The majority of them are so utterly useless like the guard one and the balloon ride one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    Not having 7.1.5 hurts me mainly because it will be another week that I can't raid with my friends. I came back late, but due to the time block with Artifact Knowledge and Order Hall Research, I can't participate. I have to wait 26 more days to equip my second legendary. I'm at artifact knowledge level 5. Even though I have the gear, I have to wait for those dang time blocks. I know I'm not alone in my pity party!

Legion has been the least friendly expansion for newcomers/late starters in WoW history.
    A group not letting you raid because you do not have two Legendarys doesn't sound like very good friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So what? If there are some issues with 7.1.5 we won't see Nighthold on the 17th.
    there are no issues with 7.1.5 that would hold nh back. thats just pure bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    This. The majority of them are so utterly useless like the guard one and the balloon ride one.
    So you dont like the game you are playing. Is it not time to move on then to another game you can hate on?

Actually I don't think Nighthold will open January 17th. I think they will delay it at least for one week, more likely two weeks from now. I don't see 7.1.5 being ready yet.
    its already confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wololock View Post
    This is the only game where paying a subscription is still considered acceptable. Getting such content is atleast the bare minimum.
    nah, playing a game with sub is the best you can do. more expensive, better/grown playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

1. NH is coming 17/01 confirmed.

2. They said that they could bring parts of patches without having to push the whole patch.

if something is done, we will have it. if something not, will wait.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    its already confirmed.
    It's not confirmed. Blizzard said: "Which brings us to the release date for Nighthold itself: We are aiming to unlock Normal and Heroic Nighthold on January 17, 2017."

Their goal is to release it on January 17th but it's only the supposed and not the fixed date. They already mentioned if there will be troubles they could postpone the release of Nighthold.

It's not confirmed. Blizzard said: "Which brings us to the release date for Nighthold itself: We are aiming to unlock Normal and Heroic Nighthold on January 17, 2017."

Their goal is to release it on January 17th but it's only the supposed and not the fixed date. They already mentioned if there will be troubles they could postpone the release of Nighthold.
    no, is confirmed a couple hours ago

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...-the-nighthold

edit: well, infact it says 18 :P but is from UK time
    Last edited by shonist; 2017-01-03 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    no, is confirmed a couple hours ago

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...-the-nighthold

edit: well, infact it says 18 :P
    Okay. Haven't read any updates on it yet.

They wouldnt have had to do 1-4 so bad if they bothered to listen to their players during Beta.
    Instead they went 'we know better' and it turns out... they don't. So now they need to come in on the first real content patch to get the game to a state it should have been at the end of beta.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Blizzard may drop 7.1.5 on 17th with balancing coming next week. Normal and heroic don't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, 7.1.5 has already sent out most the files to people. And Nighthold is basically ready.
    This. The lion's share of 7.1.5 has been on the background downloader for a while, and the class/spec auras they baked into classes in 7.1.5 will let them simply adjust the aura's overall damage/defense/healing boosts rather than having to change up every skill, which should save some time in theory. A lot of the adjustments made in 7.1.5 were done with a long term thought process: spend a little more time now and have less work to do for 7.2 and 7.3's patch cycles. Nighthold is literally just waiting for a flag to change it from unavailable to available, then the additional flags for Mythic and LFR's wings. Once everything in 7.1.5 is finalized, any necessary balance changes for Nighthold can take place once they get a good idea of how everyone performs in Normal and Heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No need to start nerfing fun for Blizzard, they do that enough on their own. Also, the guys who make world events and the guys who do mathematical class balancing likely aren't the same guys; it's two different skillsets (one is mathematical, one is setting up plot rabbits and NPC scripting).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

They limited themselves by not letting people create 110 characters on the ptr, and closing character copies. The amount of people playing on the ptr is way smaller than usual so obviously they're receiving a lot less data for tuning and that sort of thing, there's way less people trying out the new raid, etc. They brought it on themselves.

Wth is the point of the ptr if you won't let people create characters to try it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Celadir View Post
    I don't think they are being too ambitious as they are behind in correcting a lot of issues that made it to launch. "Tweaking" numbers is expected, but what they're doing is more or less development. Examples: fire mages specifically facing a lot of changes, addressing legendary items, and a large change in how our stats add up.
    This. They're not even addressing warlocks this patch, that's coming later. They screwed up, big time. Celestalon's team is too slow, as well, it takes them weeks to effect small changes, if any at all, and too many issues are left unchanged and uncommented on. They're gonna be "tweaking" classes well into the next expansion, at this rate.

Let's face it, they needed another couple of months in beta, which they couldn't afford. So they slapped a couple of the classes together, called it day, and are finishing that work now. All the other teams were on time, Celestalon's group screwed the pooch. Kind of like the character remodelling. They did a great job on some of them, and ran out of time on the others, and released them unfinished, or rushed.

And, it will happen again. They love to re-invent the wheel every expansion, them devs. I guess it's job security.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Yeah, they should be like Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm and do it mid-season
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes