Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Suramar was about as enjoyable as a root canal treatment without anesthesia.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Visually, Suramar City is beautiful. One of the best zones they've ever made aesthetically, and as someone who's a fan of Night Elf/Highborne lore I really enjoyed the zone's story and how it progressed.

Shame that it's such a pain to navigate, and that the quests are mostly all locked behind reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite zone in game. End game zone atleast.

The zone could've used a better colour scheme. The quest-line and the city are wonderful, though Suramar City really needs its own map.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomyris View Post
    Yes, very, but I would not want it changed. it is the only dangerous place we have in open world.
    Isle of the Watchers and Shield's Rest beg to differ.

OT: I wouldnt change anything. Like it or not, but Suramar is a complete innovation for WoW standards. Both big things and small details stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    I just wish Suramar's map worked like Thundertotem in Highmountain (it zooms in like being in a capital city).

Its so frustrating to navigate.

Meanwhile it's annoying af in Thunder Totem which I don't know why it has its own map.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Isle of the Watchers and Shield's Rest beg to differ.

OT: I wouldnt change anything. Like it or not, but Suramar is a complete innovation for WoW standards. Both big things and small details stand out.
    Yep, I was already corrected on this. Too bad I rarely have to go there.

i actually like the story and how it progresses, i just wish they took it further and once you finished it you would be phased into a fully functional neutral city. i mean it's a really nice city if it wasn't for "an illusion" every 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Suramar is aesthetically amazing. On top of that the lore is great. Quests being gated behind rep gain is a bit annoying though but it does make sense somehow

best zone in wow

One of best zones ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. Most days I'm fine with it, unless some jerk training a bunch of mobs gets me caught in the illusion-popping AoEs while I'm trying to do my WQs or sneaky-snake my way to a quest objective. Some days, I really just wanna zerg in, get shit done, and zerg out.

What would be cool is if, once at finishing the Exalted quests and once when finishing the Insurrection questline, your Masquerade was strengthened either with charges that could be peeled off by detection mobs (giving you extra time to get out of Dodge or prepare for a fight) or by making it harder to detect you (for example, at +1 only demons and elites can detect you, and at +2 only elites can detect you).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I kind of wish the Disguise mechanic was used a bit more sparingly but dangerously (hard-to-dodge if you run by, but far, far fewer) to make sure you really feel like you're sneaking through a city, but nonetheless I love Suramar. It's easily the most gorgeous place in WoW and I'm practically begging Blizzard to give us a peaceful one we can walk through at the end of Nighthold so we can really soak in the scenery without worrying about AN ILLUSION? WHAT ARE WE HIDING

Deleted
    Like it. As its an ongoing story. Probably i will not like it anymore once i am done with the storyline.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually loved the story, still do. Getting exalted before you could continue the quest chain was a bit boring though.

But the really bad thing in my opinion, is that it's not account-wide. I'm just not going to do it on any alt which feels like I miss out on stuff because of that rep grind...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my first time through, I despised Suramar City and this was on a rogue who has an inherent advantage. It was a bitch to navigate, even with the portals and some mobs hit really hard on under geared characters.

My second run through was on my warlock who had his own personal tank and everything was miles easier. I then took my shadow priest there and promptly swore to never go back.

I do find it easier to navigate now that I have a lot more experience of the layout. I must mention that the Insurrection questline (available after reaching exalted) is very lucrative in terms of AP if your AK is high enough. It should provide enough by the end of it to nearly max out my off-spec.

The only problem I have with it is that you can only do the quests at 110. If you could spend the last two levels from 108-110 there or something it would be by far my favorite region of the entire game. But with a fresh 110 alt all you get is a tiny amount of artefact power if you push through the quests at the beginning in order to get the WQ unlocks for example. This,however, will probably change once you can buy AK20 on alts immediately. Suramar questline will probably be a good way to get your 3 traits on your weapon almost immediately just by completing suramar alone.

Suramar city is probably the worst part of Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the best zones. Love sneaking around the city infiltrating behind enemy lines.

Plus, who needs a tank spec, as an Enhance Shaman, I rip apart anything that makes the mistake of attacking me (at least in the non-elite section of the city).

Edited to add: Also, the ability to bring up a map of the city (like Hightotem) would be an awesome upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Suramar. The only thing about it is that, I don't know... something's not quite right, but I can't put my finger on it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..