Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Restro trinkets M+

Hey,

which trinkets do you use as heal druid in m+? Naguura from Serenity uses two dog trinkets in m+ but I actually do not know which... Do you prefer melee trinkets due to feral affinity? or stick to range trinkets as mediev trinket?

Thanks

Deleted
    Why do you use feral affinity in Mythic+?

I prefer Guardian Affinity due to survivability and possible taunting. Or Boomkin Affinity for better damage output. I dislike Feral Affinity for Mythic+ tbh.

I use Bottled Hurricane trinket for heavy group damage fights and havn't really decided for a second one.

Stat stick trinkets are generally your best bet, if you're lucky enough to get them (Unstable Archanocrystal/ Ethereal Urn/Brinewater slime in a bottle/etc)
    Last edited by solidbear; 2017-01-03 at 07:48 PM.

Bad advice so far. Balance affinity does not provide a large damage increase Feral does. You don't need Balance to Sunfire. You dont need Guardian to taunt. Volcanic does not target people in melee range.

I typically use a shock baton and heightened senses when I am focusing on dps, but I don't have any of the Kara DPS ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm View Post
    Bad advice so far. Balance affinity does not provide a large damage increase Feral does. You don't need Balance to Sunfire. You dont need Guardian to taunt. Volcanic does not target people in melee range.

I typically use a shock baton and heightened senses when I am focusing on dps, but I don't have any of the Kara DPS ones.
    Tell me about that bad advice. I used Feral Affinity and Balance affinity on dummies and only managed 5k more as feral affinity (160k). That goes for singletarget. Multitarget, after two swipes your energy is cleaned empty. I don't understand feral affinity users in mythic+ dungeons. I tried it and it felt bad. Unless your Group knows exactly what to do, you can almost never afford to move into melee range, do a few swipes and then jump back out to emergency heal again.

As boomkin affinity you can swap back and forth at the spot you are standing and can even burst equal or more damage.

Generally the Guardian Affinity is the correct choice though, so this feud is irrelevant, but I don't like if people spout out random stuff without backing it up by anything. No, you don't need Guardian Affinity to taunt, but to use frenzied regen + ironfur for very quick tanking sessions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    Tell me about that bad advice. I used Feral Affinity and Balance affinity on dummies and only managed 5k more as feral affinity (160k). That goes for singletarget. Multitarget, after two swipes your energy is cleaned empty. I don't understand feral affinity users in mythic+ dungeons. I tried it and it felt bad. Unless your Group knows exactly what to do, you can almost never afford to move into melee range, do a few swipes and then jump back out to emergency heal again.

As boomkin affinity you can swap back and forth at the spot you are standing and can even burst equal or more damage.

Generally the Guardian Affinity is the correct choice though, so this feud is irrelevant, but I don't like if people spout out random stuff without backing it up by anything. No, you don't need Guardian Affinity to taunt, but to use frenzied regen + ironfur for very quick tanking sessions.
    Well you are doing something wrong then. Feral affinity is alot better if you have a tank that is not shit and taking alot of spikes. The tank should survive by himself every pull for like 10sec with just prehots on him. Then (singeltarget boss) stealth open with Rake, empty your energi with shred, then moonfire, sunfire, back to cat, 5 combo points = Rip (Never use ferious bite under 50 energy). Then continue the rotation keeping Rake, Moonfire, Sunfire and Rip up. It takes some practice to do this while also heal a bit. But i does alot more dmg then any other affinity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Takstol View Post
    Well you are doing something wrong then. Feral affinity is alot better if you have a tank that is not shit and taking alot of spikes. The tank should survive by himself every pull for like 10sec with just prehots on him.
    Okay, tell that a 10+ mythic group that runs on necrotic. In some cases they can't get away and taunting is the most viable option.

And as said, I ran the moonfire + sunfire + rake + rip rotation on a dummy as single target (with 100% uptime) and only managed 5k more dps than as boomkin. Now if you think the 5k is worth it, then I suggest comparing that to the simplicity/efficiency of a boomkin Rotation.

The thing is that you don't need Balance affinity if you want to DPS as a caster. There's no damage bonus involved with it either. The advantage of feral affinity is that you get access to swipe for large AOE pulls.

That said I agree on higher M+ you're probably better off with Guardian anyway because your DPS time will be more limited and it's handy for Necrotic week.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    The thing is that you don't need Balance affinity if you want to DPS as a caster. There's no damage bonus involved with it either. The advantage of feral affinity is that you get access to swipe for large AOE pulls.

That said I agree on higher M+ you're probably better off with Guardian anyway because your DPS time will be more limited and it's handy for Necrotic week.
    Not true, even on tyranical weeks I can afford to DPS as cat on bosses. If you know the dungeons and know when damage is incoming you can do quite a lot of damage while keeping your group alive.

And as said before, you can taunt without guardian aff and balance aff does not provide nearly as big DPS increase as cat if you're doing it right

edit: As for OP, start with throughput trinkets like stat sticks and Flask of solemn night. If you're comfortable with your groups you can switch to DPS trinkets.

At the end of the day you are there to keep the group alive, only DPS if you can keep the group alive.
    Last edited by narendal94; 2017-01-03 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takstol View Post
    Well you are doing something wrong then. Feral affinity is alot better if you have a tank that is not shit and taking alot of spikes. The tank should survive by himself every pull for like 10sec with just prehots on him. Then (singeltarget boss) stealth open with Rake, empty your energi with shred, then moonfire, sunfire, back to cat, 5 combo points = Rip (Never use ferious bite under 50 energy). Then continue the rotation keeping Rake, Moonfire, Sunfire and Rip up. It takes some practice to do this while also heal a bit. But i does alot more dmg then any other affinity.
    This is my experience. Apply dots while waiting for energy, then back to cat. I use full energy ferocious bites myself due to reading some criticism that you're losing DPS with rip while shifting due to the agi loss, but I honestly haven't tested it myself, yet. Opening with stealth rake also stuns, so it's a great addition to our toolkit. I've even used shadowmeld + stealth + rake in a pinch to stun an enemy when we're out of CDs.

In terms of trinkets, stat sticks are awesome. I have two builds I tend to use in mythic+. I have a crit/haste set with two haste proc trinkets (Flask of Solemn Night, Chrono Shard). For HoT building in higher level mythic+, I have a mastery/haste set with Ethereal Urn and whatever other random higher ilvl trinket that I have at the time, lol. :P There's also Mo's trinket guide from the Resto Druid Discord.

with feral afinity:
    sunfire-> cat swipe swipe -> teddy swipe (swipe) -> cat swipe swipe swipe ->sunfire.... Just for example. I dont know if thats the best "AoE-Rotation" but it can provide very decent aoe burst. And is waaayyy better than anything the other affinities can provide.

Moonkin affinity provides nearly nothing. The dps gain is very minimal (shifting costs gcd) and the +5y range isnt needed in any mythic+ content i can remmeber. The range dps without it isnt that much less.

Also if i taunt a boss or anything in necrotic i rarely get hit...so ironfur, frenzied regen isnt really needed, too....

That said in higher mythic+ i run guardian affinity 90% of the time. Using cat-swipe to dmg is sometimes hard to pull of, if you dont run with people you really know and know when they stun etc. Highly depens on the dungeon and the difficulty.

I have been using a 860 Shock baton with a socket and a 865 Aran's Relaxing Ruby (using the nightbane chest as well). The shock baton is some extra damage, not a tone, but still ending up being like 5-10% of my damage, Aran's will end up at around 30-50% of my damage depending on procs during aoe.

Edit: I generally run guardian affinity, but I also pug 90% of Mythic + runs I do. I also find that feral affinity is only really useful when running +6 or below, after +7 it just seems like I cant really stay in feral form long enough to gain a benefit. As guardian affinity, i generally get thrash stacks up during aoe, and keep my Moonfire / Sunfire up on as many mobs as I can.
    Last edited by trimon; 2017-01-03 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by narendal94 View Post
    Not true, even on tyranical weeks I can afford to DPS as cat on bosses. If you know the dungeons and know when damage is incoming you can do quite a lot of damage while keeping your group alive.

And as said before, you can taunt without guardian aff and balance aff does not provide nearly as big DPS increase as cat if you're doing it right
    The difference between dps with moonkin affinity and feral affinity on bosses is a moot point. If thats your deciding factor, moonkin affinity would be easier. Easier rotation and can shift out without having to worry about being in melee.

And if its for tyrannical? Your boss dmg as either is going to be minimal compared to the dps of the rest of your group that the difference between two, really only comes down to personal preference.

Safe and a good pick is guardian, especially when you're pushing 12 and higher.

Honestly, the only reason I use moonkin affinity is for Flap.
    Last edited by solidbear; 2017-01-03 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    Honestly, the only reason I use moonkin affinity is for Flap.
    The only reason I run balance affinity at all times for all specs. That and 28 yd thrashes. Gets me into so much trouble when tanking m+
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

balance affinity isn't worthwhile; it isn't an issue of ease of use w/r/t ranged/melee, it just doesn't increase dps very much compared to sun/moonfire and wrathspamming which you can do in any affinity. If you're going to use your affinity to help dps, use feral so that you can swipe on large trash pulls. Otherwise just use guardian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    balance affinity isn't worthwhile; it isn't an issue of ease of use w/r/t ranged/melee, it just doesn't increase dps very much compared to sun/moonfire and wrathspamming which you can do in any affinity. If you're going to use your affinity to help dps, use feral so that you can swipe on large trash pulls. Otherwise just use guardian.
    You are forgetting starsurge. That is a huge damage spell and especially good for some trashmobs to quickly kill. I don't know why most people connect Balance affinity with just moonfire/sunfire/wrath, when they forget Lunar Strike and Starsurge. One of which increases AoE damage and the other that increases overall wrath/lunar damage and dealing a lot of damage by itself.

Just try both on a dummy and tell me what result you come to, without assuming that rip+rake+sunfire+moonfire automatically wins by a large margin without discussion.

Just try both on a dummy and tell me what result you come to, without assuming that rip+rake+sunfire+moonfire automatically wins by a large margin without discussion.

There you go, a whole 50k DPS more as feral, with the freedom to move and increased movement speed. Used Arans with chest for both and a stat stick(860 agi crit) for feral and a 855 chrono shard with a haste gem for balance.

edit: Only cleave for the test was flame wreath, which was still in favor of balance

There you go, a whole 50k DPS more as feral, with the freedom to move and increased movement speed. Used Arans with chest for both and a stat stick(860 agi crit) for feral and a 855 chrono shard with a haste gem for balance.

edit: Only cleave for the test was flame wreath, which was still in favor of balance
    You are gimping yourself using an agi trinket for feral affinity. Int give you an equal amount of agi but since you gain 5% more int from the one passive you get more stats from int trinkets. That flame wreath trinket is awesome I wish I had one, sucks that is has mastery on it though.
    Last edited by Brainslol; 2017-01-04 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    I also hate it when people spout out random stuff without backing it up. Like when people tell people Guardian Affinity is the best choice for M+ because they can't catweave well.

Deleted

Thanks for actually testing. Thumbs up.

I'd very much appreciate seeing logs or something though. Uptime and the other stats are very important to see here. I doubt you cheated or anything to make Feral look better, but maybe didn't get the full potential out or something. So if you could also provide that, would be nice.

I'd also like to see that using just BiS healing trinkets, since that is the main job of a healer and can't always afford to run with agi trinkets equipped. So not an "optimally equipped for x affinity" mythic+ run but rather "optimally equipped as healer" mythic+ run damage test.