Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Trump and Steve Bannan are belittling the media on purpose to disempower them.

Rightfully so. They have a over inflated belief in themselves and should be brought back to reality
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Trump and Steve Bannan are belittling the media on purpose to disempower them.

Rightfully so. They have a over inflated belief in themselves and should be brought back to reality
    The reality that free press shouldn't be abridged is the reality, not the Trumpverse you seem to think reality exists in. A ministry of truth is not a good thing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    His own campaign went into it thinking they were going to lose.
    Hillary and her ilk went in thinking it was a done deal, it was her turn. Who is literally shaking right now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Hillary and her ilk went in thinking it was a done deal, it was her turn. Who is literally shaking right now?
    It took a combination of extraordinary activities (Comey letter, Russian distortion and misinformation campaign) and Trump's nostalgic campaign slogan to pull uneducated rust belt workers into a haze when beers were a nickel and you could slander minorities and women without impunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Medias are in for a lot of fun since the president speaks almost exclusively on twitter now.

Even here in Canada, journals are making articles based on these tweets. The amount of hyperbole is astounding, I got to give this to journalists. They have a knack of making something out of nothing.
    By hyperbole, you mean Trump's tweets themselves, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I used to think your posts were quite informative and intelligent but this just sounds like a lot of nonsense.
    + 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    People keep using the Word Facism a lot. Yet I don't think they know what it actual means and heard 1 idiot associate it and Trump and just kept using it.

You realise if it were an actual Facist government you wouldn't even dare try and call them out on it. It's as if people haven't actually SEEN what happens in countries with actual facist leaders.
    I mean Donny boy already wants libel laws changed so that he can stop people saying mean things about him. Sounds pretty fascist to me

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Largely because Fallon was asking the most white-bread, sanitized questions possible rather than doing his job as a media personality and, you know, interviewing.
    Exactly. It goes back to a very basic criticism of private, corporate-run media: it fails to ask people of power the questions that matter. Trevor Noah threw out the stale, white, bread and takes people to task on his soapbox, as a late-night comedian. White bread like Fallon cannot sacrifice integrity for access without compromising the interests of the people. Without real questions, politicians end up get free publicity without any net benefit for the people who are supposed to be making informed decisions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The reality that free press shouldn't be abridged is the reality, not the Trumpverse you seem to think reality exists in. A ministry of truth is not a good thing...
    We got a ministry of truth from the clintons and their bs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    SHhh. don't point out their glaring hypocrisy, it only makes them speak more gibberish.
    LOL What hypocrisy?

1) Obama had the fewest executive orders since Grover Cleveland. Can you guys just educate yourselves already when it comes to executive orders and Obama?

2) Speaking of educating yourselves, executive orders are relatively limited in their power and scope. Any expansion of power of the government by Obama would be through legislation he helped write and subsequently managed to get through the legislature, which means even Republicans agreed to it. Executive orders have to follow already established powers, and any that were not within those powers can be overturned by the legislature and/or supreme court. The president has been granted various powers in EOs by the legislature, past and present. If you dislike any particular EO, take it up with them.

3) Speaking of people disliking Obama's EO's, I haven't met a single person who can tell me which executive order they dislike specifically. They just make up excuses and throw personal attacks to make up for their own inadequacy in knowing what they're talking about.

It'll be pretty funny though, I can't wait to see how many Trump tries to get through that are blatantly outside of his powers to pass. Also the numbers. Trump is clearly a power hungry maniac. Can't wait to start crushing these tears about Obama's EO's when Trump begins firing them off as fast as he flatulates.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This starts making less sense though when you have liberals silent on the donations and going on's in Saudi Arabia. As a hippie liberal myself and as much as I have reservations with Putin, Russia is less of an issue than most of the Middle East(including Israel). Yet most on the left focus mostly on Russia.
    You'll see people on every part of the spectrum silent when topics or issues affect their bottom line or their comforts. There seems to be an almost instinctual urge to instead of hitting the bullseye on a problem as it were to nibble around the edges and proclaim a victory of whatever kind they get and think that actually solves the problem. That's why I'm in favor of problem solvers with less invested into the system, as little as possible. They have next to nothing to protect so they're less apt to succumb to that kind of attachment driven decision making. They'll still make decisions and appraisals on their own views and biases but ideology requires less protection than years worth of stuff in this age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    LOL What hypocrisy?

1) Obama had the fewest executive orders since Grover Cleveland. Can you guys just educate yourselves already when it comes to executive orders and Obama?

2) Speaking of educating yourselves, executive orders are relatively limited in their power and scope. Any expansion of power of the government by Obama would be through legislation he helped write and subsequently managed to get through the legislature, which means even Republicans agreed to it. Executive orders have to follow already established powers, and any that were not within those powers can be overturned by the legislature and/or supreme court. The president has been granted various powers in EOs by the legislature, past and present. If you dislike any particular EO, take it up with them.

3) Speaking of people disliking Obama's EO's, I haven't met a single person who can tell me which executive order they dislike specifically. They just make up excuses and throw personal attacks to make up for their own inadequacy in knowing what they're talking about.

It'll be pretty funny though, I can't wait to see how many Trump tries to get through that are blatantly outside of his powers to pass. Also the numbers. Trump is clearly a power hungry maniac. Can't wait to start crushing these tears about Obama's EO's when Trump begins firing them off as fast as he flatulates.
    You might want to change your signature, for what it's worth. You really don't embody any of the underlying message anymore.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It took a combination of extraordinary activities (Comey letter, Russian distortion and misinformation campaign) and Trump's nostalgic campaign slogan to pull uneducated rust belt workers into a haze when beers were a nickel and you could slander minorities and women without impunity.
    Take note people. This guy is why Trump won.

Obama took the rust belt during his campaigns. He actually engaged with them and won their votes. Hillary ran a glorified social media campaign that catered to the demographic with the lowest voter turnout.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    We got a ministry of truth from the clintons and their bs.
    Then you have no clue what ministry of truth means.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Take note people. This guy is why Trump won.

Obama took the rust belt during his campaigns. He actually engaged with them and won their votes. Hillary ran a glorified social media campaign that catered to the demographic with the lowest voter turnout.
    Trump promised to bring back 25 million jobs to Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana. Unless he's a proto-21st century Technocrat that will direct a majority of federal funding and investment into green technology, renewable energy, and a complete overhaul of our infrastructure to combat the one true existential threat to Americans and the world, then he sold them a false bill of goods. That and he has white supremacists that helped direct, down to the county, which he should rally in; the whitest, and the most uneducated. I wonder why, I guess it's just a coincidence.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    LOL What hypocrisy?

I've never said I disliked Obama, I've actually said in many threads I didn't mind him as a president. The hypocrisy is you going "ÖMG TRUMP IS A FACISTS COMPLETELY BASED ON MY PERSONAL OPINION OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 COZ HES GUNNA TRY GET POWAH THROUGH EO'S!!!!!!!" When every other president has made EO's.

Though self-awareness seems lost on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump promised to bring back 25 million jobs to Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana. Unless he's a proto-21st century Technocrat that will direct a majority of federal funding and investment into green technology, renewable energy, and a complete overhaul of our infrastructure to combat the one true existential threat to Americans and the world, then he sold them a false bill of goods. That and he has white supremacists that helped direct, down to the county, which he should rally in; the whitest, and the most uneducated. I wonder why, I guess it's just a coincidence.
    Swing and a miss.

Doesn't matter if he can deliver. He just needed people to think he could.

All Hillary had to do was make real effort to engage with middle class workers. You can call them racist rednecks all you want. You may even be right.

Still irrelevant in a voting society.

Look at voter turnout. Trump got roughly the same number of votes as previous candidates running against Obama. Trump didn't win the election, Hillary gave it to him.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Swing and a miss.

Doesn't matter if he can deliver. He just needed people to think he could.

All Hillary had to do was make real effort to engage with middle class workers. You can call them racist rednecks all you want. You may even be right.

Look at voter turnout. Trump got roughly the same number of votes as previous candidates running against Obama. Trump didn't win the election, Hillary gave it to him.
    In reality, where we, you and me, reside, it absolutely does matter, because the penalty of the US not leading the world in 21st century funding for new technology and renewable resources is lethal, both in the sense of climate change and the loss of US hegemony, ensuring our limitless credit rating and our status as the global leader.

You make the necessary changes to the global economy through US businesses through the initial public funding of science and technology needed to keep our hegemony and leadership, and you won't have to worry about the US worker. We will continue to be the envy of the world, granting citizenship to all people who want to work and live for the future. Instead of looking for a scapegoat; the Mexican illegal immigrant, the disabled journalist, the overweight female comedian for the reasons why your life isn't up to par, you need to look to the future.

She did make a great effort, but in the end, fear and nativism has always fared better for the right wing in this country. From rallying (conscripting) poor whites to act as couriers for the British Army in the revolutionary war, to getting poor whites to fight for their slave states in the civil war, they wedge the white working class against their own brethren to keep the ruling class in power.

10+ Year Old Account

Bad choice of words... Hillary did win the 'voting society', she lost the establishment vote in electoral college.

In reality, where we, you and me, reside, it absolutely does matter, because the penalty of the US not leading the world in 21st century funding for new technology and renewable resources is lethal, both in the sense of climate change and the loss of US hegemony, ensuring our limitless credit rating and our status as the global leader.

You make the necessary changes to the global economy through US businesses through the initial public funding of science and technology needed to keep our hegemony and leadership, and you won't have to worry about the US worker.
    You're looking too far into possible future and miss required intermediate step where US worker still exists, still votes, and thus still has to be worried about - now.

...well, Clinton and Dems in general missed it too, so it isn't unique view.

She did make a great effort, but in the end, fear and nativism has always fared better for the right wing in this country. From rallying (conscripting) poor whites to act as couriers for the British Army in the revolutionary war, to getting poor whites to fight for their slave states in the civil war, they wedge the white working class against their own brethren to keep the ruling class in power.
    Well, when you get people cry because you say "We'll close your coal mines!" while being extremely vague on how alternative jobs will materialize, it's hard to say that some fears are unjustified...

10+ Year Old Account

You make the necessary changes to the global economy through US businesses through the initial public funding of science and technology needed to keep our hegemony and leadership, and you won't have to worry about the US worker. We will continue to be the envy of the world, granting citizenship to all people who want to work and live for the future. Instead of looking for a scapegoat; the Mexican illegal immigrant, the disabled journalist, the overweight female comedian for the reasons why your life isn't up to par, you need to look to the future.

Her campaign was a joke and she went to great effort to alienate Bernie supporters. You don't fight a self described populist movement with an entrenched politician with poor trust ratings.

She made no effort in comparison to Obama to even visit the rust belt.

And you're not getting it. Consequences matter, but are still irrelevant to winning an election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bad choice of words... Hillary did win the 'voting society', she lost the establishment vote in electoral college.
    Electoral College is part of the voting process, so not really.