Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago has some of the harshest gun laws in the US. It is very difficult for a law abiding citizen to get a gun legally...but we already know the criminals don't care about the law. They will get guns anyway and then use them committing the crimes the laws are meant to curtail. In essence, the law is merely making it so that normal citizens cannot protect themselves from the criminals who have illegally obtained guns.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Chicago has some of the harshest gun laws in the US. It is very difficult for a law abiding citizen to get a gun legally...but we already know the criminals don't care about the law. They will get guns anyway and then use them committing the crimes the laws are meant to curtail. In essence, the law is merely making it so that normal citizens cannot protect themselves from the criminals who have illegally obtained guns.
    The problem with making gun laws on a non-nation wide level is they can drive 3 miles and borrow one from someone out of the city. It'd be like having a ban on smoking in one city but you can buy and smoke them in a town over, it's not going to do anything.

Several reasons.

Gang culture.

Incompetent city government.

When you don't prosecute gun crime to the full extent of the law it doesn't matter how restrictive your gun laws are.

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here in Brazil the citizens are disarmed and still, we are on the top of the violence rankings. Why ? Well, criminals don't give a sh1t about the law and get their guns through the black market (or from the dead/corrupt cops). It's pretty easy to any crime gang to get their guns. Hell, it's easy even for the normal citizen.

Make it hard to get guns, and you give more power to the organized crime.

Also, the disarmament didnt make the violence againts women stop, for example. Why ? Because the drunk boyfriend who wants to kill his girlfriend don't need a gun to do it. He can stab her, or beat her do death.

So yeah, who wants to kill, will find a way to kill. The firearm is just a mean used for this (which can also be used for self defense), and if this mean is not avaliable, this person will find another mean.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-01-03 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    The problem with making gun laws on a non-nation wide level is they can drive 3 miles and borrow one from someone out of the city. It'd be like having a ban on smoking in one city but you can buy and smoke them in a town over, it's not going to do anything.
    Mexico would just add guns to the list of shit to smuggle gangs will still get their hands on them. Thats how they get full auto weapons you cant just buy them down the street.

You could never get a nation wide gun ban anyway. Its too late far too many weapons in the country to get rid of them. If you tried to confiscate all guns you would just end up with a lot of dead people who tried to takes away someones guns.

The only way to solve gun crime is to prosecute criminals to the full extent of the law. Our conviction rate and sentence length for gun crime is ridiculously low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Damnit now I have to watch that movie..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    Mexico would just add guns to the list of shit to smuggle gangs will still get their hands on them. Thats how they get full auto weapons you cant just buy them down the street.

You could never get a nation wide gun ban anyway. Its too late far too many weapons in the country to get rid of them. If you tried to confiscate all guns you would just end up with a lot of dead people who tried to takes away someones guns.
    Oh I'm aware that it wouldn't work. In some magical world where we could just pluck up the guns and make them not exist, yea shootings would drop, they'd factually have to. Something needs to be done, but just flat banning of guns isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/chicagos-co...ry?id=44402951

I personally dont think throwing $$ at this is the solution, its about people start acting like humans instead of thugs.

anyone from that area know what a good solution would be. more patrols? maybe get some industry back in to get people back to work?
    BLM and the black community need to realize this change comes from within, and not the outside. Until then, they will continue to glorify thug life while pointing the blame elsewhere. If black lives actually mattered to them, they'd stop shooting each other.

Plenty of other obama and/or liberal bashing threads elsewhere, go find them.
    Where is Obama giving his last speech? What city does he always go on about?

The truth isn't bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Where is Obama giving his last speech? What city does he always go on about?

The truth isn't bashing.
    The thread has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, and he's never stated he wants Chicago to be the example. Find a thread where they're talking about it, or get back on topic.

The thread has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, and he's never stated he wants Chicago to be the example. Find a thread where they're talking about it, or get back on topic.
    Damn you're soft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, Chicago, a liberal paradise. Guess 80 years of democrats controlling the city has taken it's toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Ah, Chicago, a liberal paradise. Guess 80 years of democrats controlling the city has taken it's toll.
    I thought California was liberal Mecca? Or do we change it up when it's convenient?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I thought California was liberal Mecca? Or do we change it up when it's convenient?
    When convenient, but I wouldn't engage the liberal baiting. I think the thread's done, but no need to give the fiveletterwordheres a reason to stick around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    And yet the Republicans don't seem to be able to offer anything better, go figure.

Chicago's homicide rate is largely a function of state-level gun control being mostly useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I didn't know there could only be one.

Hello. I have posted only in contests on this website. I feel like I should put my two cents in here.

I was born in Chicago.
    I was raised in Chicago.
    I live in Chicago.
    I am from the south-side of Chicago.

I was never in a gang. I only know one person whom was in a gang and it was my father. He was a member of the 4 Corner Hustlers when he was younger. He is now an old man and retired welder. Upstairs right now watching Netflix with my mom.

Here is my opinion on what the problem is in Chicago.

Lack of education.
    I went to CPS (Chicago Public School) and they teach nothing. The teachers don't teach; the students don't learn. It wasn't until I went to college that I begin learning anything. I was told by my English 101 teacher that I "write like I'm in 5th grade". That's how bad it was.

Corrupt/lack of politics.
    Need I say more? Look up Illinois governors to see what I mean. The state has no money and budget. The city's school system are low on funds too.

Gangs.

Folk Nation vs. People Nation are the ones fighting and killing.

Black Disciples
    Gangster Disciples
    Black P. Stones
    Lynchmen Sercaun Gangsters
    Mickey Cobras
    La Raza
    Insane Deuces
    Vice Lords
    4 Corner Hustlers
    Gaylords
    Latin Kings

There are many more. Look it up on wiki to see what gang belongs to which Nation. The main and biggest problem are the gangs and drugs. The gang violence is brought on by one thing. MONEY. The money comes from drugs. The biggest drug crowd are people on crack cocaine. The biggest group hooked on crack cocaine are blacks from the south/west side. So...the gangs fight over drug territory.

Quote Originally Posted by vrocka View Post
    Hello. I have posted only in contests on this website. I feel like I should put my two cents in here.

I was born in Chicago.
    I was raised in Chicago.
    I live in Chicago.
    I am from the south-side of Chicago.

I was never in a gang. I only know one person whom was in a gang and it was my father. He was a member of the 4 Corner Hustlers when he was younger. He is now an old man and retired welder. Upstairs right now watching Netflix with my mom.

Here is my opinion on what the problem is in Chicago.

Lack of education.
    I went to CPS (Chicago Public School) and they teach nothing. The teachers don't teach; the students don't learn. It wasn't until I went to college that I begin learning anything. I was told by my English 101 teacher that I "write like I'm in 5th grade". That's how bad it was.

Corrupt/lack of politics.
    Need I say more? Look up Illinois governors to see what I mean. The state has no money and budget. The city's school system are low on funds too.

Gangs.

Folk Nation vs. People Nation are the ones fighting and killing.

Black Disciples
    Gangster Disciples
    Black P. Stones
    Lynchmen Sercaun Gangsters
    Mickey Cobras
    La Raza
    Insane Deuces
    Vice Lords
    4 Corner Hustlers
    Gaylords
    Latin Kings

There are many more. Look it up on wiki to see what gang belongs to which Nation. The main and biggest problem are the gangs and drugs. The gang violence is brought on by one thing. MONEY. The money comes from drugs. The biggest drug crowd are people on crack cocaine. The biggest group hooked on crack cocaine are blacks from the south/west side. So...the gangs fight over drug territory.
    Thanks for the info. Amazing how many issues end up routing back to areas with poor education.. It's almost as if we made being educated and being taken care of health wise was something everyone was entitled to, we'd be better off..

Thanks for the info. Amazing how many issues end up routing back to areas with poor education.. It's almost as if we made being educated and being taken care of health wise was something everyone was entitled to, we'd be better off..
    That's where it starts...poor education. Chicago is starting a trend to lay-off a few thousand teachers each year. The city closed most of the schools too (mostly in the black areas).

I was class of 2003 in high school and had 300+ seniors (yes the school was extremely over crowded). Guess how many graduated.....

74 out of the 300+