Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Yes bragging on meters was a thing, but it just made you look like a dipstick in a 5 man.

I'm pretty sure CC didn't last a minute back then, reapplying sheep every 30 seconds or so was a thing I believe. Oh and X was Sap tyvm! Square is Ice Trap, Diamond is w/e Lock feels like doing Banish/Fear. And as far as skill goes... yea actually the pull was very critical back then, if someone pulled accidently a Rogue couldn't sap. Sheeping back then would also pull the group so you had time your abilities accordingly, for example someone might sheep before the Hunter armed his/her trap.

I don't think the AoE stun rotations in M+ count either. In high M+ though people do use CC since they aren't as concerned with the timer.
    1 minute Polymorph was a thing.

1 minute polymorph in PVP was a thing... *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was always a numbers game. (TPS, HPS, and yes DPS)

Just much smaller numbers, and most fights weren't a DPS check.

The game was different in that era, no denying or arguing that.
    On the DPS check part, Boss enrages were added first time around in AQ40, very generous timers might I add (with a possible exception to Huhuran depending on how much people sucked) Sartura, a 3-4 min fight had a 10 min enrage timer, Twin Emperors had a whopping 15 min enrage timer. The first sketchy one to be added was Patchwerk, next after that would be an entire expansion away with Bruttallus I'd say.
    Last edited by mmocd8b3302953; 2016-12-28 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Says the guy that still to this day hasn't cleared mythic. WoW..
    My pc cant handle raids very well, + ive had to change guilds multiple times due various reasons but now i finnaly got a stable guild and im mainly waiting for NH now aswell.
    Those bosses aren't "DPS" races. If it really was a DPS race, it would take more than a few days to finish it in "Mythic". Or as the russians in one day.
    Theyre killed fast by top guilds cause they got close to best gear aviable already got more artifact traits then its tuned for + they raid from morning till night druing wf race but still they wipe over 100times on bosses.

Deleted
    Dont talk about vanilla or burning crusade. true witnesses of these addons are not around anymore. And dont trade your private server experience, this is not comparable to the real vanilla/bc experience back in the days. You cannot judge about content with more complexe experience gathered years later. As a player in 2006, with the knowledge of 2006, with the technology in 2006, with the state of the game in 2006, naxxramas was INSANLY tuned (not so hard like the youtube video about "how hard was naxx really" but it was really challenging stuff for plebs out of this time period).

The discussion about theory- and feelcraft has its roots in vanilla. Most of the forum entries from today are more or less copy pastes of the vanilla posts. The same topics, the same QQ, it has never changed in its core

Deleted
    So... don't talk about Vanilla or TBC because we weren't there, but you were?

"true witnesses of these addons are not around anymore"

I stopped reading there, because true witnesses aren't around anymore. Everything after that statement must be a lie.
    exactly, dont talk about vanilla/bc please . It hurts my mind if I must read it.

Deleted
    Your "experience" is pretty copy & paste, too, fyi i.e. "naxx was INSANLY tuned"

I have my doubts you played anything before MoP.
    :-) as i said, just like in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
    Hi Matthias. I liked reading your original post, and I liked reading the replies a lot less. Good lord, half the responders I think read one sentence and fired off a response based on raids.
    And then you wonder why people freak out when Blizzard doesn't want to read your essay.

That's not getting to the point and losing your audience immediately.

i agree with op. not full and on everything, but mentality-wise and overall, i agree.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    My pc cant handle raids very well, + ive had to change guilds multiple times due various reasons but now i finnaly got a stable guild and im mainly waiting for NH now aswell.
    Those bosses aren't "DPS" races. If it really was a DPS race, it would take more than a few days to finish it in "Mythic". Or as the russians in one day.
    Theyre killed fast by top guilds cause they got close to best gear aviable already got more artifact traits then its tuned for + they raid from morning till night druing wf race but still they wipe over 100times on bosses.
    You're using that excuse?
    There aren't really DPS race bosses. By your logic it would mean that any boss is a DPS race as the faster it goes down, the better. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    1 minute Polymorph was a thing.

1 minute polymorph in PVP was a thing... *shudders*

On the DPS check part, Boss enrages were added first time around in AQ40, very generous timers might I add (with a possible exception to Huhuran depending on how much people sucked) Sartura, a 3-4 min fight had a 10 min enrage timer, Twin Emperors had a whopping 15 min enrage timer. The first sketchy one to be added was Patchwerk, next after that would be an entire expansion away with Bruttallus I'd say.
    This post is mostly correct, but wouldn't you count Vael as a DPS check? Kill the boss before you run out of viable "tanks"

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    And then you wonder why people freak out when Blizzard doesn't want to read your essay.

That's not getting to the point and losing your audience immediately.
    I doubt that people at Blizzard don't have the attention span to read more than one sentence.

But that's not even the point. The point is, people shouldn't read one sentence, and then write a smug reply based on a total misapprehension because they couldn't be bothered to read. If they can't read, then they shouldn't respond.
    Last edited by Lashiec; 2016-12-30 at 02:24 AM.

Deleted
    I am not sure what content the OP was doing if hes saying that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    This post is mostly correct, but wouldn't you count Vael as a DPS check? Kill the boss before you run out of viable "tanks"
    Oh lord. I had forgotten about that monstrosity.
    Vael the guild breaker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Oh lord. I had forgotten about that monstrosity.
    Vael the guild breaker.
    Razorgore was a big impact in difficulty as well. Not a single boss before required this degree of coordination/movement.

Vael was the first true dps/hps check with the first rng dependence. Furthermore, a big part of the difficulty of this boss, was the lack of a threat meter during the progression phase in earlier 1.8.

Deleted
    Only people lamenting about it being a numbers game are people who do shit numbers.

And don't give me the crap about "muh cc/kiting/offhealing". If you can't do both good damage (for your class) and good utility (for your class) then you can't call yourself a good dps.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-01-04 at 01:00 AM.

Sounds like you need to sign up for Nostalrius or the TBC equivalent.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

DPS: Damage Per Second

Explain how DPS is not a numbers game?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"