Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I agree completely.
    What kind of visual aspect should we expect from an Argus expansion? Five zones looking like Tanaan Jungle or Hellfire Peninsula? Yeah sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Wha..? If you missed, raid on Argus was already confirmed soon after Blizzcon in an interview.
    Really, what is all that pussy-whining about "noooo dunt kill poor Sargy, he can obliterate one billion [any other powerful WoW character name] with a single fart hes soooooo cute I'll cut my veins if they kil lhim off, #sargeraslivematters" and so on.

From what a teenager brain came the idea that titans are billion-fold-times-stronger-than-everyone-combined? That he blew up a planet? Hell, Ner'zhul(!!!) did it. Illidan did it. Deathwing nearly did it.
    In Sargeras encounter it will be likely a "supermegadestroyeverything" spell, but even for him it'll have a casting time. See that, everyone?
    Why did Archimonde not use his "anti-dalaran" spell in his encounter? Because interrupts and casting time.
    So Sargeras will get interrupted by Naaru or someone like that so we can wound and weaken him enough so that blast of exploding Argus will surely kill him off. Simple as that.
    Really, all that crying Sargy fanboys are outrageous. It's not personally to Aeula, just general thoughts about every second post on MMOChamp that I see in last months.
    Nerzhul used the scepter of sargeras to do make outland what it is. Sargeras cleaved a planet in two. His pressence is enough to burn shit to ash. If we do fight him, it wont be in his titan form.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I want Sargeras to die, I just don't want to have to raid to kill him because I personally don't like raiding as content. I know it'll be a raid anyway but one can hope.
    So, what's your alternative? You want kill Sargeras in the dungeon or at the end of questing zone?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    Nerzhul used the scepter of sargeras to do make outland what it is. Sargeras cleaved a planet in two. His pressence is enough to burn shit to ash. If we do fight him, it wont be in his titan form.

Broxxigar 1 on 1 wounded him. 1 single mortal (an uber-badass mortal, but a mortal nonetheless) was able to hurt him after wading through a horde of his greatest troops. Imagine what 20 of Azeroths greatest champions armed with equally powerful artifacts could do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So, what's your alternative? You want kill Sargeras in the dungeon or at the end of questing zone?
    Sargeras pet battle.

/thread

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    For a demon-themed expansion, Legion has surprisingly few demonic bosses.
    EN: 0\7 demons.
    What the heck do you think Xavius is?

The Legion having an Argus based scourge from the Army of Light soldiers on the planet would be pretty neat.

We could get there and find out that Sarg actually "reset" to his former self after having his avatar die and he's being held prisoner by the Legion or is now the reforming World Soul of Argus. Now that would be a funny mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Xavius is just a fat guy, of course.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-01-04 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'd say at this point that Xavius has transitioned from demon to aberration. He got blown up and then turned into a tree, and then got a body made of darkness and Old God magic, then I think he got blown up again, then he's a huge slavering monster... gotta be aberration at this point, same type of creature as all the faceless ones and so forth in his lair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    End of a domination point-esque questline preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What kind of visual aspect should we expect from an Argus expansion? Five zones looking like Tanaan Jungle or Hellfire Peninsula? Yeah sounds great.
    How about
    2 Hellfires
    2 Tanaans
    1 BC Shadowmoon Valley

Sounds diverse :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Broxxigar 1 on 1 wounded him. 1 single mortal (an uber-badass mortal, but a mortal nonetheless) was able to hurt him after wading through a horde of his greatest troops. Imagine what 20 of Azeroths greatest champions armed with equally powerful artifacts could do.

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras pet battle.

/thread

;-)
    Broxigar gave him a paper cut.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    7.2 is the tomb of sargeras patch, as demonic as it can get.
    Hmm Really. Well maybe we might not get too bored in the expansion. Now I wonder if theres going to be any Demonic World Bosses around the Broken Shore?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras pet battle.

/thread

;-)
    Yeah, but that was a cut on his leg, and a lucky one since he was focused on the portal. All im saying is, that full powered Sargeras would smite us, but we dont know if he even has a body atm.

People, people, people. It's obvious who the final boss of Legion is. It's why we didn't see him in the crowd at Broken Shore, because it would give the surprise away. Nor was he reused in Karazhan, because he's so much bigger than that now.

Simple fools. Time is the fire in which you'll burn.

Madness has brought you here.

You face not the Legion alone...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I'm hoping for massive battlefields/scenery, like Deathwing was (Flying part + Madness part). Or very huge monsters, but not "Wall-like" (Kologarn - Ulduar, Gorefiend - HFC, Kromog - BRF). It needs to be nothing less than epic, with animated/dynamic background (monsters fightings, Epic Dragons vs Demons fight).

Hoping....

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Wouldn't be a first. I mean Outland prepared us for it and then we had a long time in Tanaan. Which wasn't just black and green with green rivers but also full of green sickly plants and annoying mobs to crowd us in and give us that nice feeling of claustrophobia and suffocation.
    Outland was pretty diverse in terms of the zones. Hellfire was red and firey and desert, Gorgrond was mountainous and brown and barren, Terrokar forest was a mixture of forest area that was obviously tainted and the gray wasteland area with auchendoun... I mean the only place that was disgustingly demon corrupted was Shadowmoon Valley and that was one zone in a pretty diverse area. You even had Nagrand which was nearly identical to how it was prior to exploding.

Hoping for a space battle between the Exodar and a few Legion spaceships. It sounds weird but it's cool as fuck in my head

I want Sargeras to die, I just don't want to have to raid to kill him because I personally don't like raiding as content. I know it'll be a raid anyway but one can hope.
    So instead of having to mount a serious coordinated attack requiring teamwork and planning, we'll just be riding through a zone one day and be like "oh look - it's Sargeras!" and we'll ride over and kill him for some order hall resources.

Yeah... no.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Blizz like to switch is up and most people like that. After having a lot of orcs in both Siege and BRF (highmaul had one orc) HFC only had the council and kilrogg as orc fights. The first 2 bosses also had orcs but were focussed on machines.

They deliberately didnt want to overdo it on the Demons now as they are probably have lot in store on argus.

Deleted
    My hopes for argus: with the fall of the legion, Legendarys and Artifactwepons will be destroyed too... forever

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Outland was pretty diverse in terms of the zones. Hellfire was red and firey and desert, Gorgrond was mountainous and brown and barren, Terrokar forest was a mixture of forest area that was obviously tainted and the gray wasteland area with auchendoun... I mean the only place that was disgustingly demon corrupted was Shadowmoon Valley and that was one zone in a pretty diverse area. You even had Nagrand which was nearly identical to how it was prior to exploding.
    Outland is very different, it doesn't have a fraction of demonic presence and control as Argus does. Outland is the result of a Draenor broken by magic and exiled by most Orcs and Draenei. Most zones just seem abandoned and broken, not really legion-like.

Considering how Fel is portrayed to spread through the land pretty quickly in pretty much all forms of Warcraft (see Felwood, after all these years), I would imagine a world completly dominated and used by the Legion would be entirely very similar to Shadowmoon Valley and Tanaan Jungle, only even more decayed.

For reference (from Blizzcon 2016):

It is revealed in World of Warcraft: Illidan, that Argus is in fact intact, and is the "beating heart" of the Legion's forces with all its greatest commanders and Kil'jaeden using it as his seat of power. The entire world has been corrupted into a shadowy version of what it once was. The machines that originally were used to send out peaceful and healing waves of magic over the surface, have been inverted to spread fear, depression, and panic. The capital city of the planet which is unnamed is the current seat of Kil'jaeden and is perhaps one of the most magically protected locations in the universe, with Kil'jaeden himself presiding over the Burning Legion from the palace throne.

Personally I think if they can make it any justice (give a good amount of content there and make it a bit bigger than Tanaan, at least) it's probably best. I would love to see Argus in its original state, but they would have to go through unappealing methods/storytelling to achieve that (much like WoD was). In the current Legion and fel - like state, not that interested, personally. A big patch seems perfect. Go there, see what's left of the most impressive parts, defeat some big Legion names / rescue the army of light or something, come back.

But as far as I'm concerned I don't really hold my breath for anything. As far as I know Argus patch could be only the introduction to an entire expansion based on Argus. They can be unpredictable, and many times not in a good way And like I said, even if the lore supports otherwise, they can just change it. But it seems entirely reasonable that it becomes a patch much like the Emerald Dream (which main problem was lack of thematic freedom) became a few questlines and 2 instances.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2017-01-04 at 10:20 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    End of a domination point-esque questline preferably.
    In that case thank God you have nothing to do with WoW development. Nothing is more epic and suitable for end boss in MMO than coordinated attack from 10+ players.

I would go even one step further: make Sargeras only normal+ boss. Don't get me wrong: I am a huge LFR supporter, but normal+, when you actually must do correctly whole fight to kill boss is whole new experience and it's sad that so many people play WoW without knowing that (and I don't think so that Balance of Power grind will encourage them). Sargeras may bring many people to raiding, like Lich King did at the end of WotLK.