Thread: I Miss Alts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    who in hell is lucky enough to get 2 in a month anyway? Im still sitting on 2 legendaries on my main, and 1 for one out of 4 other chars. I dont think this needs a catch up system. anyway, the ap knowledge is very nice. it felt pointless to even play a character without AK
    glad to see yet another person who is too brain dead retarded to gear the fuck up while ignoring ak for a week or two. it makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing my lock, whos only at ak 3 is already 822 and going up step by step. but hey, be the idiot who thinks ap > gear

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't originally going to do alts but I ended up leveling two of them anyway but that's it as I'm not leveling any more.

Pally

Hunter
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

If you miss alts, play some alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    who in hell is lucky enough to get 2 in a month anyway? Im still sitting on 2 legendaries on my main, and 1 for one out of 4 other chars. I dont think this needs a catch up system. anyway, the ap knowledge is very nice. it felt pointless to even play a character without AK
    Got 2 legendaries on my last alt within 12 hours of hitting 110 (at that time my main was sitting at 3 after 3 months of non-stop playing). Can't use leg #2 for 30 more days, fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafyx View Post
    Pretty sure once you use the catch up to 20, the ones in your bags will be used as well. What I am doing though, is having 2 notes not picked up yet then boost to 20, pick those up and be 22 instantly.
    not true

i have test it on the ptr two months ago and it's working 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrofull View Post
    not true

i have test it on the ptr two months ago and it's working 100%
    Totally true though. Even says so on tooltip. You won't be able to save a single research note. In bag,bank or not picked up at all.. they still count towards the limit. The ONLY way to go past 20 is if you already have enough researches completed to go past 20. Which would completely defeat any meaning in buying the 20 one.

I still don't get this whole "Alt Unfriendlyness." call from people for Legion. I have 1 main 4 Alts. Each at 110, around 860+ilevel each having at least 1 legendary, at the same time all weapons are at 3 golds or higher (except my hunter SV weapon). I only play couple hours daily, do a raid here and there. This is only alt unfriendly when compared to WoD which let's face it come 6.2 was level to 100, spend 15k upgrading garrison then have rake in 10-20k per week while picking which class to go raid/dungeon/pvp that day

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I still don't get this whole "Alt Unfriendlyness." call from people for Legion.
    It's complete hyperbole. The difference is there's no immediate monetary incentive to do it like in WoD with Garrison Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    20, then you will have to learn the rest. Seems fair enough.
    Why is that fair enough? It's like Stockholm syndrome in here with some people and Blizzard. Blizzard treats you so bad that even half a scrap of something that should have been in all along seems like they're doing you a great favor.

Deleted
    Just focus only on leveling your alts and nothing else. I have six 110 chars, and six 105 chars (every class). I do this for artifact skins and those hidden too because after legion u will be able to keep those skins. And also dont forget about coming class mounts in patch 7.2, they are tied to class hall campaings. Im not even doing emissary chests right now cuz i dont want to do illidan quest on every alt just to upgrade my legendaries on them. Will wait til 7.1.5 patch hits for those 940 legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    20, then you will have to learn the rest. Seems fair enough.

They will need a class hall catch up system too IMO. Waiting a month for double legendaries meh.
    Because if your alts don't have two legendaries you'll lose your raid spot? am I right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Because if your alts don't have two legendaries you'll lose your raid spot? am I right?
    Ya I love this excuse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    "My x2 mains"

You do realize just because you consider both mains doesn't mean one isn't still an alt, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    How can you have 2 mains? You can't play them at the same time unless you have two accounts. So therefore, one is an alt

Yes, yes you can. You can't play both in the same raid, at once, but you can play for example one week with one, one with another, you can have same achievs and reputations and be at same level of story on both. Two mains.

Just because you can't it does not mean nobody can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes, yes you can. You can't play both in the same raid, at once, but you can play for example one week with one, one with another, you can have same achievs and reputations and be at same level of story on both. Two mains.

Just because you can't it does not mean nobody can't.
    One is still an alt. I play 3 on a regular basis but only consider 1 my main.

Alts will now be MUCH more viable than off specs of your main. Can instantly get up to AK 20, which allows a main spec weapon to be powered up in about a weeks time. Can then dedicate all gear and legendaries to your alts whereas you can't do that with your main toon and their off specs.

I for one will have each of my toons dedicated to a specific role, which will be far more effective than gearing up my off specs imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Alts will now be MUCH more viable than off specs of your main. Can instantly get up to AK 20, which allows a main spec weapon to be powered up in about a weeks time. Can then dedicate all gear and legendaries to your alts whereas you can't do that with your main toon and their off specs.

I for one will have each of my toons dedicated to a specific role, which will be far more effective than gearing up my off specs imo.
    Ummmm, no.

Lets look at some numbers shall we?

Main sitting at AK 25
    Alt sitting at AK 20

Main makes approximately 2.5 times as much AP as the alt. If you spend that time that you would on the Alt, on the main, you would still gain AP at a tremendously faster rate, as well as having a character that already has a significant portion of their gear/reps/etc... Therefore, an offspec is still easier to gear up and prepare than an alt, even after the catchup.

Obviously this doesn't make Alt's unplayable or anything, but they just don't make up to the advantages (from a pure AP/gearing side) that exist for an offspec.

It's very possible to play alts, you just have to accept that it's going to be a bit behind your main. I'm playing more alts now than I have in any expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I still don't get this whole "Alt Unfriendlyness." call from people for Legion. I have 1 main 4 Alts. Each at 110, around 860+ilevel each having at least 1 legendary, at the same time all weapons are at 3 golds or higher (except my hunter SV weapon). I only play couple hours daily, do a raid here and there. This is only alt unfriendly when compared to WoD which let's face it come 6.2 was level to 100, spend 15k upgrading garrison then have rake in 10-20k per week while picking which class to go raid/dungeon/pvp that day
    As with anything else unless people are literally spoon fed all their gear once they hit max level they'll complain....its super easy to gear in Legion, even more so than past expansions and especially if you roll a healer or tank. The only major problem with alts was AK and that's being fixed with 7.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Ummmm, no.

Lets look at some numbers shall we?

Main sitting at AK 25
    Alt sitting at AK 20

Main makes approximately 2.5 times as much AP as the alt. If you spend that time that you would on the Alt, on the main, you would still gain AP at a tremendously faster rate, as well as having a character that already has a significant portion of their gear/reps/etc... Therefore, an offspec is still easier to gear up and prepare than an alt, even after the catchup.

Obviously this doesn't make Alt's unplayable or anything, but they just don't make up to the advantages (from a pure AP/gearing side) that exist for an offspec.
    But the alt won't stay at AK 20 for very long...

And the alt will still have a TREMENDOUS advantage in having access to it's spec specific legendaries, whereas your offspec will sadly be left out in the cold.

So yea, as I said, after 715, alts will be far more effecient and effective than having an off spec.

Even before this alt catchup has been added, I've gotten 4 of my alts to 110. The first 3 are at AK 21-23.
    The things putting ME off playing alts would be the tedious-ass profession questing and artifact appearances being locked behind quest content which hasn't been made account-wide...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-04 at 07:16 PM.