Question [Resto] Main switched to resto druid - need advice before bad habits

Hi team!

I've looking for some advice on my healing - I've done quite a few raids and mythic+ and my healing seems to lack in raids specifically. Mythic+ I can get by OK. I healed a Maw of souls+5 without much trouble - I guess in Mythic+ I'm not sure what my "oh shit" rotation is if everyone drops down and is still taking damage.

In regards to raids though - what am I doing wrong? I couldn't really find correct times for my CDs but I oomed really quick. I feel like I spam rejuv too much.

Normal EN Pug: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KZXm1qBvnHptYQxr

Any advice? I'm very new but would like to grab some advice while learning so it's easier to learn good habits. Thanks guys!

Deleted
    I see a few Things I dislike about your Rotation.

For Starters, unless you have the legendary bracers or very high gear, don't pick cenarion ward + cultivation combination. Stick with the swiftmend starterkit: Prosperity + Soul of the Forest and spam Wildgrowth as followup for swiftmend.

Your lifebloom uptime is abmyssal. It has a soft refresh of 5-seconds. So if you refresh it with 5 or less seconds remaining, it does the final heal alongside being refreshed without downtime. Lifebloom is a slightly better Rejuvenation for less mana. Should always keep it active on the tank that takes more damage (or yourself alternatively).

You only used Tranquility once in a 4+ Minute fight. At Cenarius you can use Tranquility a few seconds after pull (a lot of incoming heavy damage when the first add appears) and then again in the last phase.

I know that Germination can be good, but I think its place currently lies in Mythic+ Dungeons. For raids I like Springblossoms/Inner Peace more. That would also help your "wtf am I going to do when everyone drops low so fast?!" Moments, being able to heal more with effloressence or another shorter cd tranquility.

Lastly Idk how well you micromanage the flourish + ghanirs Bloom Combo with wild growths. Generally you should use your first Wildgrowth + G'Hanir + Flourish Combo asap. You should be fairly acquinted with boss fights and when their big damage moments happen. That's when you pop Wildgrowth + G'Hanir + Flourish Combo. Also if you decide to stick with Cenarion Ward, make sure to combo it with flourish as much as possible.

Final tip: Most of the druid healing comes from perception, Player positioning prediction and reflexes. Know what the bosses do and when they do it. Find out how players position and adjust effloressences efficiently without spending too much mana cause you have to readjust it multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

Cultivation also didn't do much for you, even though you spammed Rejuvenation. Cultivation is good in higher end content when people fall below 60% constantly. In lower farm Tier content, like EN is right now, cultivation makes little to no sense as it hardly ever kicks in and if you use it with Germination, you can heal even less people as casting rejuvenation twice on every raid member is impossible. I like Germination in Encounters where mostly the tanks + select players take heavy damage. Most Raid Content is designed to be more Group damage than single target damage though, so I use Germination solely for mythic+ dungeons.

What Pelagoth said is spot on and very good advice. I don't have much to add other than this site, which you can use to check your future logs to see if you're improving. Even if you know how to read warcraftlogs, this is nice if you're lazy like me and just want to push a few buttons to check on yourself on a few different metrics. Its nice when you just want to do a quick check after a raid to see where you're at.

checkmywow

I have yet to experience that Prosperity brings much of a benefit over Cenarion's Ward even in combination with SotF, even less so when you run out of mana regularly. It surely depends on the raid, though. But when you use CW, you need to use it more often. It heals a lot for little mana and it can be cast long before any damage happens without losing anything.

Spring Blossoms can help to pull a low raid up, but then so does Cultivation, so we need to make up our minds here. Much of SB's healing goes into overhealing land, though, again depending on your raid. In the log Germination didn't do any overhealing even before the Bloodlust part where the raid took very heavy damage. Of course all that casting costs you mana.

Speaking of which, activate advanced combat logging, because that also enabled to log mana/resources.

Wild Growth + G'Hanir (+ Flourish) can heal for as much as counting as a small extra Tranquility, so make use of that for pulling up the raid. Don't expect to outheal the Shaman when the raid is really low, though, it's the Shaman's niche to pull the numbers in this specific situation.

Unfortunately WoW currently rather supports a very Rejuv heavy playstyle (or at least doesn't punish it too much as long as your mana is fine). So don't feel too bad about spamming lots of Rejuvs while trying to improve other means of healing.

Look here how our main druid healer is spamming Rejuv all the time (double as many as I did) and still she had more mana spare than myself. One reason for the latter likely is that I am currently only doing off-spec healing, use lots of main spec equipment (Feral), own no single healer legendary and have a lot less levels/talents in my artifact weapon, not to mention 3k less Int. So in order to pull the same numbers I have to be more "creative" than her Rejuv spamming playstyle, which shows nicely in the direct comparison of which spells we both used to reach the same numerical end result (I died prematurely ).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

This also demonstrates how my Wild Growths does more HPS than her Wild Growth, even though we are both not using SotF and she usually has more Rejuvs rolling on raid-members (Mastery). Her single Wild Growth ticks are a lot higher than mine, but my single WG casts (whole spell duration) are much higher than hers. So make use of good ole' G'Hanir and Flourish when you can.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2017-01-03 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks guys.

These replies are exactly what I was looking for. I will change my spec around a bit and create some weakauras for lifebloom and what not to make sure I always have it up.

I really appreciate all the awesome replies.

Since I see a lot of sound advice in this thread (didn't know the lifebloom can bloom even when you overlap it), I was wondering how does the artifact ability work exactly, does it snapshot or does it buff hots in the specific 8 sec duration?

Do you blanket hots then pop artifact or can you pop artifact and keep casting hots and they will be empowered too?

Mostly thinking about resto in m+ situations.

Spring blossom selling point is the free mastery stack that spread quickly among a fairly high amount of friendlies.

It's very similar to cultivation, just weaker but doesn't require healthbars to drop below a certain point.

If OP raid's composition feature a good amount of melees, then he totally should go for it.

Regarding the lvl75 row, if Culti never kicks in because of general low level of damage, neither SoTF or incarnation will actually help him. One talent needs a bit frequent damage to be worth or silly severe mana issues, one need at least 2 of the usual high hps phases and the third is a passive sustain bonus.
    Maybe i'd go with Incarnation, but in those situation i still stick with cultivation and not even bothering switching talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Regarding the lvl75 row, if Culti never kicks in because of general low level of damage, neither SoTF or incarnation will actually help him. One talent needs a bit frequent damage to be worth or silly severe mana issues, one need at least 2 of the usual high hps phases and the third is a passive sustain Bonus.
    I disagree with you here. General low Level of damage doesn't mean that it's sustained damage. So if people rarely go below 60%, rejuvenating them makes Little to no sense, but Wild Growth usually targets all most damaged Players at once. So the time it takes you to hot those damaged players to apply cultivation is a lot longer than using swiftmend on a badly hurt member and then following up with a wildgrowth who quickly brings up the remaining most damaged players. Also it helps his issue with being more mana efficient.

I currently use Cultivation + Cen Ward myself because I have 10% mana reg (2 relics with that trait), thus I can sustain a lot more mana during a longer fight than OP said he could. I also play higher end content where it makes more sense to prehot a lot of undamaged players before a Guarm breath/Charge, so Cultivation has a much bigger effect than swiftmend + wild growth could possibly achieve.

If you can't sustain much mana during a fight, prehot spamming undamaged players with rejuvenation can be super mana intensive and possibly lead to early oom phases, which make the rest of the fight a pain and possibly lead to a wipe due to inefficient heal portioning.

I'd generally (exceptions exist) recommend these builds:

EN nhc: Prosp+SotF

EN HC: Prosp+SotF or CenWard+Cultivation

Odyn nhc: Prosp+SotF
    Guarm nhc: CenWard+Cultivation
    Helya nhc: Prosp+SotF

ToV HC: CenWard+Cultivation

Additional advice: Use Innervate as soon as possible into a fight. I usually use it the first time I reach 90% mana. I like to time it with renewal of effloressence and wildgrowth as they both cost a lot of mana. The rest of my innervate time I use to spam rejuvenation as much as possible. Then try to use it whenever it comes off cooldown. At best you should be able to efficiently use it 2-3 times per battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything regarding Mythic: Has to be adjusted towards every battle individually, but generally CenWard+Cultivation

Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    I disagree with you here. General low Level of damage doesn't mean that it's sustained damage. So if people rarely go below 60%, rejuvenating them makes Little to no sense, but Wild Growth usually targets all most damaged Players at once. So the time it takes you to hot those damaged players to apply cultivation is a lot longer than using swiftmend on a badly hurt member and then following up with a wildgrowth who quickly brings up the remaining most damaged players. Also it helps his issue with being more mana efficient.

I currently use Cultivation + Cen Ward myself because I have 10% mana reg (2 relics with that trait), thus I can sustain a lot more mana during a longer fight than OP said he could. I also play higher end content where it makes more sense to prehot a lot of undamaged players before a Guarm breath/Charge, so Cultivation has a much bigger effect than swiftmend + wild growth could possibly achieve.

If you can't sustain much mana during a fight, prehot spamming undamaged players with rejuvenation can be super mana intensive and possibly lead to early oom phases, which make the rest of the fight a pain and possibly lead to a wipe due to inefficient heal portioning.

I'd generally (exceptions exist) recommend these builds:

EN nhc: Prosp+SotF

EN HC: Prosp+SotF or CenWard+Cultivation

Odyn nhc: Prosp+SotF
    Guarm nhc: CenWard+Cultivation
    Helya nhc: Prosp+SotF

ToV HC: CenWard+Cultivation

Additional advice: Use Innervate as soon as possible into a fight. I usually use it the first time I reach 90% mana. I like to time it with renewal of effloressence and wildgrowth as they both cost a lot of mana. The rest of my innervate time I use to spam rejuvenation as much as possible. Then try to use it whenever it comes off cooldown. At best you should be able to efficiently use it 2-3 times per battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything regarding Mythic: Has to be adjusted towards every battle individually, but generally CenWard+Cultivation
    Something that helps with mana is the wise use of Innervate as pointed out.

Something I try to do, is I use innervate on my first replacement of Efflo, as it is rather mana intensive. In that same window, I try to fit in a Wild Growth and some rejuv spams as well. You also want to save those clearcasting procs when innervate is currently ticking.