10+ Year Old Account
    Finished Nova Covert Ops on Brutal. My-my... This is probably the best Blizzard RTS campaign I've played. I feel like they've been improving gradually with every new campaign, and the gameplay really shined in this one.

The story was a bit naive, and a bit incomplete IMO (what happened to Alarak and Stone?) but everything else was stellar. A decent amount of challenge as well; the last mission was something to behold in terms of challenge, and I probably broke my F10 button, reloading constantly. I liked it how you could approach most missions from different angles, try different strategies and unit compositions. Unit upgrades this time around were very inventive, as well as some of the Nova's equipment.

I really hope they keep the mission packs coming, there is a lot of potential here. As of now, I'm even considering buying commander Nova for coop (even not being a big fan of paying for this kind of content), as I really liked the gameplay in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what is the macro mental checklist when playing zerg ? i get really confused and mess things up. out of all 3 races zerg is the most unique due to larvae and centralized unit production.

both terran and protoss have few production buildings such as barracks (gateway), factory (robotic facility)and starport (stargate).
    3 different buildings from which i build 1 unit at a time. also separate building for workers. dont have to choose between workers and army so its simple.

terran mental checklist would be: CC - scvs, barracks - marines, factory - tanks, starport - medivacs.

what about zerg ? obviously queen larva inject (then i gotta wait a long time 40 sec doing nothing) and then 3 larvae pop at the same time (from 1 hatchery).
    if its 3 hatcheries thats 9 larvae at the same time. now gotta choose between more supply or workers or army.

so i have 2 issues.
    first is as for example terran i build units one by one, switching between multiple production facilities always producing workers and army.
    as zerg once larva injected i do nothing and once they pop up i get a lot of production at the same time.

second is its hard for me to choose between drones and army.

how do u zerg players do it ?
    All I can say is, it is a matter of experience. For me the checklist is probably hatcheries-queens-supply-army, with creep spread added when I'm not forgetting it. When to drone and when to make units is a very complex matter, and it really depends on the situation. Generally, Zerg is much more mobile than most other races, due to fast unit movement speeds, low hatchery cost, ability to produce multiple units at the same time per 1 hatchery, overlords and overseers used for scouting and some other things, so you usually need to play more aggressive than other races to really utilize racial advantages. I think Zerg is the hardest race for the beginners, and possibly the hardest race for the pros, but the easiest race for somewhat-above-average players, because of how simple macro is compared to other races, and micro being less intensive than that of Terran. Plus, the ability to withstand cheesy rushes in 4v4 games, which is very important in my book!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    PiG has an excellent series on youtube called the PiG daily. He's a main zerg player so his insight would be great for you hear.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BFC-p54CMWM4Fb

Absolutely watch and take notes.

Also https://www.reddit.com/r/allthingszerg/
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 2016-12-26 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ded gaem hype!

http://afreeca.tv/2017gsl

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas how get Diablo portrait for 20 years anniversary in SC2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Cheers for the info. Can't watch atm, but looking at the TL live thread, people seem underwhelmed so far - to put it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Dan and Nick are some of the best casters around.

And I can't believe that Protoss' Nexus lived with less than 100 hit points. KeeN must be pretty salty right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Any ideas how get Diablo portrait for 20 years anniversary in SC2?
    I haven't seen any info for any of the games regarding the event yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Cheers for the info. Can't watch atm, but looking at the TL live thread, people seem underwhelmed so far - to put it mildly.
    Zest v Keen was some pretty insane play tbh. I haven't checked out the TL thread, but the games were incredibly entertaining to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Dan and Nick are some of the best casters around.

And I can't believe that Protoss' Nexus lived with less than 100 hit points. KeeN must be pretty salty right now.
    That was the clutchest recall I've ever seen. I seriously think he would have lost that game had he not recalled when he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to ranked 4v4 games after over 3 years of playing almost exclusively arcade games. I'd say I'm doing pretty well, 20 wins out of 30 games and #1 Diamond on US currently. Apparently, in 4v4 games, massing Void Rays, Mutalisks or Battlecruisers, depending on your race, will win you most games if the enemy doesn't go for early all in.

My biggest problem, as always has been, is that I'm still playing with WoL mentality: I just can't make HotS/LotV units, unless I'm playing a monobattle and being forced to. Played a game as Zerg, had problems with fighting Widow Mines, and one of the teammates asked, "Where are your Ravagers?". My... who? No heretic units here! Roaches or nothing!

Maybe I should finally play a few games intentionally focusing on making newer units. I feel like this mentality puts me back a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://afreeca.tv/2017gsl
    https://www.twitch.tv/gsl

Day 2

- - - Updated - - -

Blink DTs? Never thought I'd see the day that tech was viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright, fam. warchest

it is out. so we *buy* the right to *earn* skins, for units. where teh fuck are building skins ???

i assumed this shit is complete after finally releasing. i mean, we got taldarim since 2015. got them fully playable in coop in 2016 with all units AND building skins, so where are they ?

black taldarim units with totally out of place golden buildings ? this is a jest, right ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    alright, fam. warchest

it is out. so we *buy* the right to *earn* skins, for units. where teh fuck are building skins ???

i assumed this shit is complete after finally releasing. i mean, we got taldarim since 2015. got them fully playable in coop in 2016 with all units AND building skins, so where are they ?

black taldarim units with totally out of place golden buildings ? this is a jest, right ?
    Im a huge SC2 fan but buying skins for 25 euro in phases is not in my interest... use your time on something more interesting instead like more storys.. like nova mission

10+ Year Old Account
    FINALLY got Legacy of the Void + Nova Co Ops recently. Just finished Legacy of the Void's Campaign 3 weeks ago.

...A silly question but does anyone think there will be a StarCraft III? Or possibly a 4th expansion? Or is it safe to say the StarCraft story is complete (for now)? I think the StarCraft story as we knew it is done. There IS plenty of material to make a few story though.

More importantly: Do you think StarCraft could get a console release? Yay or Nay?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

RTS on a console is a big no no. Something Microsoft with halo need to realize already.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Future installments of SC won't have fully fledged out campaigns, it'll be 100% multiplayer focused.

Yeah console RTS never really worked out well- well, I was introduced to Starcraft 64 when I got it on a whim during the Blockbuster heydays.

I'll be damned if the damn thing charmed me enough to finangle a shareware demo for the Mac, and then a fullfledged purchase later on.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    Future installments of SC won't have fully fledged out campaigns, it'll be 100% multiplayer focused.
    Proof of didin't happend.

I'll eat my hat if that turns out to be the case.

It's just a trend that we've seen where hyper competitive games are no longer packaged with any sort of single player story, like Overwatch/CSGO/MOBA's. Why spend $100 million on a single player campaign when you can just focus entirely on multiplayer.

It's just a trend that we've seen where hyper competitive games are no longer packaged with any sort of single player story, like Overwatch/CSGO/MOBA's. Why spend $100 million on a single player campaign when you can just focus entirely on multiplayer.
    SC2 isn't "hyper competitive game" for 99.99% of its players. I know I personally wouldn't have bought SC2 if it didn't have a decent single player campaign. I mean, you're obviously right about developers walking away from single player side in many genres, but RTS definitely isn't one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft II is now free to play for EVERYONE!