Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is that if the target is in motion when the LOS check is made, and they are in the clear, then it's a hit. Stun and drag em over. If the target breaks LoS while the hook is in flight, no go. Once you're hooked, though, you're stunned; can't just duck out of sight.

All they did was shift the LOS check's base from the hook itself to Roadhog, meaning you can't just corner poke anymore. You're a tank; go get punched in the face.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it happens sometimes

i have seen some crazy shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Err, I wasn't aware this was possible.
    I think the comment about the 180 hook is referring to post change interactions. As they're going to make all targets arrive at his front (As there's some major inconsistency with which heroes correctly arrive at the position).

So post changes, when it always come to his front, they'll restrict at which point that stops being true so you can't spin when hooking and exploit the mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I mean there are literally hundreds of Youtube Videos showing the problem, and thousands of GIF's that show it as well from recordings.

It's at the literal point where it's a meme / and a reference comparison of how bad it is with it's accuracy while doing insane thing.

This hook shouldnt land. This is not a point which is discussed here about pulling around corner

Yay more nerfs for characters people actually like to play. Fuck off blizzard.

Hopefully. Seems like every time they change his hook, they actually make it worse than before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    You're a tank; go get punched in the face.
    With the same logic should all supports lose their damage attacks? And to be honest all Offensive heroes should also lose all their survival abilities and just do the damn DPS while hoping tanks tank for them and supports heal them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with all but the last point. If the hook lands then the hook lands, it shouldn't break for any reason. With the change of it being hogs LOS instead of the hooks LOS there will be far less bullshit hooks. Hook breaking will be bullshit itself as there needs to be a lag tolerance.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    This hook shouldnt land. This is not a point which is discussed here about pulling around corner
    Yes, that one clearly should not be landing. That happens because of the point #2. For some reason some simpletons seem to think it's the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Yes, that one clearly should not be landing. That happens because of the point #2. For some reason some simpletons seem to think it's the same thing.
    This 100% Point#2 fix will solve majority of bullshit hooks. Point #3 will become fine as is and should be allowed at the very least for lag differences.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

While I agree Hook had to be fixed (and tbh, I prefer it that way, playing around a funky mechanic isn't fun), it's still a nerf to a middle-of-the-pack character. Maybe a small buff to, for example, his ultimate?

So many salty roadhog mains. You literally throw something with the hitbox of a car at someone and complain like it's difficult. Nobody likes running behind a wall and being completely behind it except for a piece of your heel sticking out getting grabbed and dying instantly. With this favor the shooter shit as long as they throw it in your general area you're going to get hit.

Deleted
    Seems lot of people dont know difference between 2nd and 3rd change.

2nd. The legit one. U cant hook target you cant see it. over car, boxes etc. or even if pharah wing stick behind corner.

3rd. The bullshit one. Even if you hit legit direct hook and somehow target will end behind corner in that 0.5 sec before target is pulled towards roadhog even if you had full view of target in moment hook landed. the hook will cancel. For examle. mercy charging behind corner to heal someone, genji mid dash or tracer, Lucio while castin ulty, MCree in roll, or any other character in jump etc.

Im main roadhog and i am accepting and actually welcome 1st and 2nd change. but the 3rd one is total bullshit. Not even logical.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-01-04 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Seems lot of people dont know difference between 2nd and 3rd change.

2nd. The legit one. U cant hook target you cant see it. over car, boxes etc. or even if pharah wing stick behind corner.

3rd. The bullshit one. Even if you hit legit direct hook and somehow target will end behind corner in that 0.5 sec before target is pulled towards roadhog even if you had full view of target in moment hook landed. the hook will cancel. For examle. mercy charging behind corner to heal someone, genji mid dash or tracer, Lucio while castin ulty, MCree in roll, or any other character in jump etc.

Im main roadhog and i am accepting and actually welcome 1st and 2nd change. but the 3rd one is total bullshit. Not even logical.
    You're wrong on point 3 - What happens currently when you catch a character mid dash, they get stunned and brought to you. Full view at point of pressing hook, isn't the same as full view when the hook lands.

If at point of landing hook, enemy is in view, enemy is brought to you. The current situation is frustrating, doesn't matter what the fuck you did with the hook, it gets you, it doesnt care. There are no rules.

Deleted
    I also wouldn't mind double the CD on that hook tbh. Fuck this ability, has no place in a FPS, not with the current CD atleast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    So many salty roadhog mains. You literally throw something with the hitbox of a car at someone and complain like it's difficult. Nobody likes running behind a wall and being completely behind it except for a piece of your heel sticking out getting grabbed and dying instantly. With this favor the shooter shit as long as they throw it in your general area you're going to get hit.
    Nobody complained it's difficult. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with hook's hitbox. You seem to be the salty one here really.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Personal insults for having different opinion, how 13 year old of you.

You know, you are free to go outside (which is probably something you never do) and try this theory out. Get an iron chain. Tie one end of said iron chain to a car. Tie the other end around you, or swallow it for all I care. Then, go around a corner so you barely can't see said car anymore. Now, wait for the driver to hop in, and start driving.

See if the iron chain magically disappears, or you actually GET DRAGGED FROM BEHIND THAT CORNER.
    Im trying to put my iron chain through a wall but I can't do it. Stay salty. The hook was so rediculous it wasn't fun.

You know that car on the side at the eichenwalde first choke? Sit behind it and if the roadhog hooks above it, you are still pulled to him. It's about time that they fix this shit.

Love the roadhog mains salty tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    do all roadhog mains have brain damage this bad

you cant just pull someone through a wall.

of all examples tracer is probably worst you could pick lol

I mean I get where you are coming from with the example and I do not agree with you at all but honestly tracer deserves any break she can get as she only has 150HP and is dogged worse by the participation trophy implementation of favor the shooter than any other hero in the game due to her fast paced and high octane playstyle.

It's amazing what Soon has done with Misfits playing her but I can only assume he is not even human
    First off the top of my head tbh, doesn't matter who it is, the description stands but .... look down at the next person I quoted.....

Quote Originally Posted by luft View Post
    +1
    It's a big ass rusty hook, on a metal chain, thicker than tracers biceps.
    If the little bugger gets hooked and it dashes at this moment, it should be split in half. FATALITY!
    Someone replied with this, which I think makes more sense than my understanding of what was said,

If im understanding correctly the way this works is as followed, you throw your hook, and the tracer dashes behind LOS IMMEDIATELY (expecting the hook) although she gets 'hooked' because she was in your LOS when you launched it, it fails. But if you hook, it lands and then she attempts to dash... nothing happens, she's hooked.

In a nutshell this change to my understanding will prevent people from running behind a wall, getting hooked still and being pulled through the wall (Which has happened for and against me a few times).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Im trying to put my iron chain through a wall but I can't do it. Stay salty. The hook was so rediculous it wasn't fun.

You know that car on the side at the eichenwalde first choke? Sit behind it and if the roadhog hooks above it, you are still pulled to him. It's about time that they fix this shit.

Love the roadhog mains salty tears.
    The most wanted change (point 2) is ok and legit and nobody is salty about that. Salt is about point 3 which is when u hit legit hook it can be canceled if target get out of sight even if he is hooked legitimely.

With these changes point 3 will be rare scenario but stil offen on some heroes. You should not be punished for hiting legit hook.