Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It IS against the Constitution (https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/gg/art_3.html) and against the European Human Rights Convention and thus, illegal. That's why they are criticized.
    Jeah, it is illegal, but as the chief of the cologne police already said, they didn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Police says it was no racial profiling. Politicans praised the work of the police that night (Merkel / Gabriel) bascially all non left parties.
    If they based their judgement on the people's behavior, it's legal. If it was based on skin colour, it's not. Impossible to prove/disprove either side anyway. But germany has a problem with structural racism, not only in the police force. That's what we need to overcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good for Germany, don't get the outrage. OT, thought this was a Tenniface thread.

Racial profiling is literally Hitler.

We shouldnt even talk about this or the use of a "offensive" word by police on twitter. We should thank our police forces for this relative peaceful night. <3 And question why there needs to be a gathering of 1500 north africans at the very place where mass crimes happend last year by the very same group of people .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-01-04 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    I think if there is a notable trend of crime being attributed to certain demographics then even though it's unfortunate it's a legitimate strategy to combat said crime. That being said, these sort of systems tend to eventually have a potential for abuse with profiling and innocent people end up suffering the brunt of it. Usually the biggest cheerleaders of implementing these are those who it wont affect or inconvenience whatsoever.

I myself have been stopped at US airports more time than I can count for "random screening". I guess I can understand and don't mind as much when the NSA agents/immigration officers are respectful, polite, and do it in a timely manner. This isn't always the case though and quite often I've met absolutely downright vile people in positions of authority who not only made me feel like shit, almost made me or have made me miss a flight, but have made me feel as if I'm not a US citizen.
    So move then if you don't like it.

If they based their judgement on the people's behavior, it's legal. If it was based on skin colour, it's not. Impossible to prove/disprove either side anyway. But germany has a problem with structural racism, not only in the police force. That's what we need to overcome.
    Wow thats really "behaviourist" of the police! I'm offended. Germany has a problem with structural behaviourism.

/end sarcasm

There is no structural racism in germany. We are the most open country in the world. We give migrants money for free and believe their fairy tales. Hell they even can get child benefit money for children that dont even live in germany.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-01-04 at 11:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Yep, we should totally move out of a country and give up on our citizenship when an inconvenience occurs. Asking for a respectful treatment from a public servant is perfectly normal. Next time when police stops my car I should be surprised if they smile, are polite and efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    There is no structural racism in germany. We are the most open country in the world. We give migrants money for free and believe their fairy tales.
    Keep living in your fantasy world while the rest of us try to face reality. You right wingers keep betraying the european values you claim to defend.

Keep living in your fantasy world while the rest of us try to face reality. You right wingers keep betraying the european values you claim to defend.
    There are no european values that relates to multiculturalism or islam rofl. Not to say, people generally don't "defend european values" anyways. Danish people don't have much in common with greece in this matter. We have our own stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a silly simple-minded response, but one I've heard often from those who share a certain ideology . Why on earth should I have to move from my place of citizenship/nationality?

Thankfully the Danish people I had a pleasure of meeting in the past were a pleasant lot.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    After the shitstorm they had last year in Cologne for not doing enough, they sure picked up their slack this year.
    Cannot blame them for it either.

There are no european values that relates to multiculturalism or islam rofl. Not to say, people generally don't "defend european values" anyways. Danish people don't have much in common with greece in this matter. We have our own stuff.
    I know you're fact-resistant, but have a read: http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Convention_ENG.pdf

Unlike you, the danish society is open and progressive.

Not ideal, but still better than women getting raped.

Damned if you do something, damned if you don't...

15+ Year Old Account
    The police of Köln had like a year to learn and to prepare. I doubt they just accidentally violated some conventions let alone the German constitution. Profiling is a fairly standard tool of the police to identify certain groups of people regarding their tendencies and behaviours. The key is not to treat them differently than any other group which would show the same kind of behaviour which is what racism, or segregationalism in general, is essentially about. Say a black shoplifter being shot on spot and a white shoplifter given the Bundesverdienstkreuz and the Iron Cross First Class would be such a case.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

But germany has a problem with structural racism, not only in the police force. That's what we need to overcome.
    It is more personal bias and heresay rather than racism to be honest, you want a society which treats everybody the same. But ultimately it is nothing more but an illusion that has never worked and will never work, for the mere fact that people have different opinions and values, which then cause disagreements, distrust, bias and sometimes hatred.

It IS against the Constitution (https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/gg/art_3.html) and against the European Human Rights Convention and thus, illegal. That's why they are criticized.
    No, it's not. They searched Germans as well as north africans. It just so happens that the media spins this into the Revenge of the Germans story and now everyone thinks we're back to the old ways. We're not. We're just finally starting to enforce the law that already exists, disproving every shitposter on here that says Germany is too lax.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it works, how can it be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was wondering when someone would pick up on that and feel offended.
    I found the reports of single trains (500-1500) loaded with only northern africans to be quite fascinating. They all decided to go to the new years party at the same time? This screams organized to me.
    There were reports last year that suggested an organized nature - not in the conspiracy theory way, but rather as mass harrassment serving as cover for pickpocketing and mugging. These aspects got drowned out, though, in the noise about molestation.