Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No healer dps balance at all?

It might not be the most important topic but dps balance is totally non-existent.
    Hpals are pulling 520k dps on H ursoc when they go full dps mode , while other healers are not even close. It might not be that important in raiding scenarios but it's definitely a thing in m+s when the healer can do so much dps on low pressure pulls. Hpals can also dish out the most dps in just a few GCDs.

Is it something blizzard should look into?
    Last edited by danieltang34; 2017-01-04 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Hpalas are surely out of line atm. They are basically a full dps in single target burst scenarios.

Deleted
    i like that disc priest is supposed to be a healer dps hybrid but it is just meh

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Hpalas are surely out of line atm. They are basically a full dps in single target burst scenarios.
    yup i dont expect too much in terms of healer dps balance, but hpala dps is out of this world now. they dont even need to be fully GCD occupied to do decent damage since their dps isnt too reliant on filler abilities, and afaik all other healers need to spam fillers to do mediocre damage. i could be wrong on this one tho i dont play all healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    i like that disc priest is supposed to be a healer dps hybrid but it is just meh
    Which is funny. They are meh both in dps and healing!

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You guys can't be serious saying this.

Disc is really good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    A disc priest with good support (innervates) is prob the strongest healer ingame atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    A disc priest with good support (innervates) is prob the strongest healer ingame atm.
    lol so in that, you are saying that they are piss when not optimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    A disc is not "half-dps half-healer" like so many people seem to think. It's a full healer that does a majority of its healing through damage. Im guessing it's the only healer that can do decent single target dps while still beeing a effective healer.
    Last edited by makketota; 2017-01-04 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Disc is really good right now.
    but really fucking horrible to play.

rip disc - 3.0 - 7.0
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post

rip disc - 3.0 - 7.0
    I love the new playstyle of disc. The shield spam really had to go

Shield spam sucked every tier that it was a thing.

More to the original topic, healer dps balance in raids doesn't matter too much as long as some of the healers need to be healing still. You look at your healing core and say "highest dps healers will dps, lowest dps healers will cover the healing". In mythic+ dungeons, healer damage balance becomes a lot more of a thing with one healer. Spamming smite lowers the cooldown on chastise as the major effect (the damage is that pitiful. Divine hymn sucks enough as a cooldown in 5 man content (any movement is gg healing cooldown) that I need the apotheosis for a healing cooldown and can't spare it for a dps cooldown.

Top 10 for mythic is roughly -
    paladins 165-440k
    disc 141-380k
    druids 150-300k
    monk 114-250k
    shaman 88-220k
    holy priest 66-242k

Now remember this is top 10, to put this into perspective I get 95-98th percentile dps on every boss but ursoc and xavius (sac cheese ftw ) and I do anywhere between 50-150k dps to get those rankings.

The only way you're getting a parse like 520k is if you 1. have all/majority of your gear with haste on it and no mastery 2. wear dps trinkets 3. use dps potions 4. talent for dps 5. aren't forced to stop your rotation to heal

Yes it's easier to do damage as a paladin healer but to claim shit like 520k is normal is dumb lol.

Deleted
    So heroic ursoc aka content you overgear by 40+ ilvls these days (was undertuned to begin with) is a benchmark for what exactly? Certainly not healer dps in raids, since as holy pala you have to blow major healing cds to do good burst dmg and you have to spec in dps talents that are ofc subpar for healing. Oh and you need the time to deal damage so no healing necessary (which indicates too many healers, except for rare edge cases).

Wouldn't do that in any kind of serious content, if you could effort to do all of that for some bad dmg (and it is bad on medium/longer fights compared to EVERY dps spec), you would just drop a healer to begin with. In a realistic scenario (aka not using cds for burst, picking dps talents, going for bad healing/good dps secondaries) holy pala dps in raids is actually pretty bad compared to other healing specs.

M+ is a different kind of story but here's a shocker: if you think holy pala dps is OP you haven't seen a good resto druid (hint: trash dps is WAY WAY more important in regards to time gained than boss dps, although on tyrannical resto druid isn't even that far behind on bosses).

Ultimately in regards to mythic+ try to see it as utility (since pala has no mass stun, interrupt, vortex/typhoon shenanigans etc.).
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2017-01-04 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    No.

Going from braindead spam shield to actually have some thoughts required to do well is MILES better.

Disc actually does by far more than hpal over the course of a fight – because that's how he heals.
    Palas have insane burst, during which they're not healing.
    Top10 are useless, because at this point they're just rankings hunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a serious raider by any means and haven't experienced this holy pally dps I keep hearing about but surely they're just dpsing, right? Blowing CDs and such for dps? I can't imagine them having dps like that and healing. So with that said, why is it a problem? Seems like a trade off to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday i had a resto druid bitching about low DPS (400k in mythic 6) arms warrior, while dealing 0 DPS. I mean, he was so concerned about our speed that he couldn't even throw a moonfire or something at mobs while just standing there and not healing because majority of damage is avoidable. When i've pointed it out he started yelling at me that resto druids can't DPS and it's not their job, their job is to heal.

Your healing class doing less DPS than other healers doesn't justify you just standing around and doing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yesterday i had a resto druid bitching about low DPS (400k in mythic 6) arms warrior, while dealing 0 DPS. I mean, he was so concerned about our speed that he couldn't even throw a moonfire or something at mobs while just standing there and not healing because majority of damage is avoidable. When i've pointed it out he started yelling at me that resto druids can't DPS and it's not their job, their job is to heal.

Your healing class doing less DPS than other healers doesn't justify you just standing around and doing nothing.
    I do shit for dps on my Holy Priest, but every second I save us on the timer is a second closer to hitting that extra chest. Plus, my stuns have saved lives before. So...yeah, that druid needs a reality check.

Hpala is the real outliner here, while leveling he outperformes even ret since you have a little downtime between mobs anyway.
    His damage has been op ever since the prepatch, I actually don't know why they did not nerf it until now.
    The other healers are quite close together.