Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    They're consistently the most or 2nd most represented healer in warcraft logs for every single tier.
    Damn tied for second with resto shaman and behind resto druid, that representation bias.

Looks like they applied the same logic when balancing our dps.
    Wow better bring 4 holy paladins for that 20k dps gain, oh wait disc.

Too bad when the facts don't align with your own beliefs.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2017-01-04 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Ideally they'd just nerf the overperforming DPS in a decent way i.e. for HPala you could do something like "Holy Shock does X% less damage but always/has a Y% chance to give IoL when used on a enemy and doesn't crit". Would make for some interesting gameplay choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    I do shit for dps on my Holy Priest, but every second I save us on the timer is a second closer to hitting that extra chest. Plus, my stuns have saved lives before. So...yeah, that druid needs a reality check.
    That druid was bad, simple as that.
    To be good (any role) you should know when and where to use all of your abilities.
    I've had so many runs (too many) where we missed 3 chests by a few seconds. I'm sure healer doing steady dmg through the dungeon would speed it up by a few seconds.
    Depending on difficulty and fight, even holy priests are able to do decent dps (50-100k). I get really triggered if the healer does close to 0 dps overall

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    It might not be the most important topic but dps balance is totally non-existent.
    Hpals are pulling 520k dps on H ursoc when they go full dps mode , while other healers are not even close. It might not be that important in raiding scenarios but it's definitely a thing in m+s when the healer can do so much dps on low pressure pulls. Hpals can also dish out the most dps in just a few GCDs.

Is it something blizzard should look into?
    Shockadins are Holy specced and can put out insane damage, but their healing is gimped because they use different talents and stats than a normal pally healer.

It might not be the most important topic but dps balance is totally non-existent.
    Hpals are pulling 520k dps on H ursoc when they go full dps mode , while other healers are not even close. It might not be that important in raiding scenarios but it's definitely a thing in m+s when the healer can do so much dps on low pressure pulls. Hpals can also dish out the most dps in just a few GCDs.

While yes, healer dps is wonky. In content that matters (non-faceroll) pallys can't use their cds for dps, and don't pull those numbers.

And even with that very strong dps, Hpallys still aren't the best m+ healer. So it isn't game changing. They hold their spot with or without the dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    If no other healers can come close to replicating that tradeoff it's a balance issue. Being able to turn into an effective dps for portions of a fight can be very valuable - you heal when healing is needed, dps when dps is needed, making the overall raid's performance more efficient.
    But from what I'm reading here people are claiming the paladin needs to spec into it. And this "gimps" their healing. Is it really a balance issue then? It's not like they're going from insane dps to insane heals all in one fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Top 10 for mythic is roughly -
    paladins 165-440k
    disc 141-380k
    druids 150-300k
    monk 114-250k
    shaman 88-220k
    holy priest 66-242k

Now remember this is top 10, to put this into perspective I get 95-98th percentile dps on every boss but ursoc and xavius (sac cheese ftw ) and I do anywhere between 50-150k dps to get those rankings.

The only way you're getting a parse like 520k is if you 1. have all/majority of your gear with haste on it and no mastery 2. wear dps trinkets 3. use dps potions 4. talent for dps 5. aren't forced to stop your rotation to heal

Yes it's easier to do damage as a paladin healer but to claim shit like 520k is normal is dumb lol.
    This . So much this . Half the dps out there pull less than that, yet OP claims this is normal for HPall. Jeez , people love to exaggerate too much

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

I never said it's a gamebreaking issue, if anything, I actually said the opposite
    Of course they are trading healings for damage but thats the same for other healers isn't it
    And also they're more gcd efficient while having much more dps, that means they're trading less healings for more dps
    Say, even if holy priests pop their wings and spend all GCDs on damage, they won't even come close
    So I'm kinda interested to know if such advantage could be justified or it's just plain op

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    This . So much this . Half the dps out there pull less than that, yet OP claims this is normal for HPall. Jeez , people love to exaggerate too much
    They're just outliers, but i don't think it's reasonable for a healing spec to be capable of doing so much damage in the first place

No paladin healer is doing 500k for an entire raid fight. Maybe for 20 seconds (in which case, with old war potion, it's more like 700k), but the rest of the 2-3 mins is just awkward pillow talk after blowing your load.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Shockadins are Holy specced and can put out insane damage, but their healing is gimped because they use different talents and stats than a normal pally healer.
    The top parses of other healers are using full dps talents and gears as well, that reason doesn't seem to justify the power difference

10+ Year Old Account
    The top parses of other healers are using full dps talents and gears as well, that reason doesn't seem to justify the power difference
    Right, the power difference of using a spec just for a shits-and-giggles parse. This is like complaining about one spec being better at soloing WoD raids than others, it is just plain silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The easiest fix would be to nerf our artifact. We get like 1% bonus damage for each point up to 34. Drop that to 0.5% per point, and Holy Pallies should be good, while not significantly hurting leveling or new max-levels.

A little sad, because doing dailies as Holy is actually fun this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Right, the power difference of using a spec just for a shits-and-giggles parse. This is like complaining about one spec being better at soloing WoD raids than others, it is just plain silly.
    and pallys are still doing way more damage than other healers in proper specs and talents

10+ Year Old Account
    and pallys are still doing way more damage than other healers in proper specs and talents
    If we can afford to use Holy Shock for damage then the content likely is already trivial, which was the point you somehow managed to miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of nerfing paladin, could buff the others, if pvp is a problem, use the template system.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If we can afford to use Holy Shock for damage then the content likely is already trivial, which was the point you somehow managed to miss.
    So basically you're saying as long as its not being abused for raid progression, then its not an issue at all?
    I for one do not agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    lol so in that, you are saying that they are piss when not optimal.
    "Best when they have support" does not equate to "terrible without support"

Strawman harder, m8

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    but really fucking horrible to play.

rip disc - 3.0 - 7.0
    Because bubblespam was so fun and interesting right

right

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So basically you're saying as long as its not being abused for raid progression, then its not an issue at all?
    I for one do not agree with that.
    What is the real issue with high burst dps anyway? World pvp of any kind does not count.

In instanced pvp we have templates.

On world quest pvp it might be more dps then usual due to our http://www.wowhead.com/spell=216331/avenging-crusader honor 46 talent.

Why are you so obsessed with their niche burst damage? Let them have their fun in farm content.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account

Paladins are currently Blizzard's favorite right now. All 3 of their specs are not only viable, but in the top 3 of their respective roles. HPallies are top 3 in healers for PvP and PvE, Rets are at the top of the melee DPS in raids and Prot tanks are ranked second behind G Dru in 7.1.5 after the Prot War nerfs and are still number one in tank damage.

Basically ALL 3 Paladin specs are number 1 in damage in their roles as well.

Paladins are sitting pretty right now. If you want a guaranteed raid spot without getting sat out, go Paladin.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama