Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Ret Pally Leveling Question

I did the 1 - 100 grind as prot, but wanted to switch to Ret for Legion content. I guess the spec just feels kind of... slow. I know that we're not going to have an insane amount of procs, but does the rotation pick up in speed with higher haste? Right now it just feels sort of clunky. Currently at 15% haste and only level 102, but the rotation feels stale to me. Can anyone reassure me that the spec feels more fluid at 110 or with higher haste? Or maybe to clarify, when does the spec really feel more fluid to you? After Ashes to Ashes or just with higher haste?
    Last edited by 13en3; 2017-01-04 at 04:39 PM.

I haven't played a whole lot of ret outside of PvP but I did notice that my rotation got a lot more exciting once I unlocked Ashes to Ashes (I banked points until I had enough to take the right path to it). I've run a few Mythic+ with it and it's been pretty fun with not a whole lot of down time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spec gets very fluid when you pick up Crusade and the Ashbringer trait which makes it last longer.

Sort of becomes SoO Ret Paladins which used to strive for 40%~ haste

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Sort of becomes SoO Ret Paladins which used to strive for 40%~ haste
    40% haste? I thought that 24 was the goal, but is 40% even doable?

I raid mythic as a retribution paladin so you can trust me when I say this rotation becomes fluid. I mean a vacation in mexico and you drank exclusively tap water and have the runs, kind of fluid. Your goal is to have over 22% haste. Also at 110 you pick up Crusade and along with the Ashes to Ashes trait which makes your Wake of Ashes generate 5 holy power, you will be spamming abilities and crying as your global cool down no longer exists during crusade and lust. So yes it gets fast and fun.

Recommend using The Fires of Justice + Blade of Wrath talents, ofc with Final Verdict + Crusade. While leveling, Justicar's Vengeance + Divine Purpose can also be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    SoO ret paladins was during MoP so no.

You're looking for 20-22% haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    I raid mythic as a retribution paladin so you can trust me when I say this rotation becomes fluid. I mean a vacation in mexico and you drank exclusively tap water and have the runs, kind of fluid. Your goal is to have over 22% haste. Also at 110 you pick up Crusade and along with the Ashes to Ashes trait which makes your Wake of Ashes generate 5 holy power, you will be spamming abilities and crying as your global cool down no longer exists during crusade and lust. So yes it gets fast and fun.
    I can confirm to this as well. Favorite part of fights is 15 stacks of Crusade + Heroism. Total GCD mayhem. I love it. It's like watching a fish grow legs.

Deleted
    As for high end progress try to get up to 31% haste, its last breakpoint and worth especially with leg cloak.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noxusnorsk View Post
    Recommend using The Fires of Justice + Blade of Wrath talents, ofc with Final Verdict + Crusade. While leveling, Justicar's Vengeance + Divine Purpose can also be helpful.
    Thank you. I will try changing out my talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noxusnorsk View Post
    Played with JV and DP last night. It's kind of odd how that works, but I noticed a very low proc rate (seemingly closer to 10% than 20%). Might have just been really bad RNG. I can see how that might be good for leveling, but it was kinda lackluster yesterday when I tested it.
    Last edited by 13en3; 2017-01-04 at 06:24 PM. Reason: grammar