Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    V sync must be enabled for Skyrim or the physics engine will bug out. This issue has existed since vanilla Skyrim launched in 2011. Check your graphics card control panel to be sure that v sync is forced on there as well. It should fix the issue and you'll be able to run graphics as high as you want.
    Thanks, I'll try playing with Vsync on for a while and see if anyone else falls to their doom.

Anything above 60FPS causes wonky physics, so V-sync might not necessarily solve it if you run a higher refresh rate.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright I'm still having issues even with Vsync. Svari fell down a well in solitude after clipping through the ground and she drowned. How do I cap my frame rate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Alright I'm still having issues even with Vsync. Svari fell down a well in solitude after clipping through the ground and she drowned. How do I cap my frame rate?
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34/? worked for original Skyrim; set the max to 59 (60 can still sometimes cause physics glitches).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34/? worked for original Skyrim; set the max to 59 (60 can still sometimes cause physics glitches).
    Using original Skyrim mods in special edition can cause save file corruption I heard. Needs to be properly converted through the creation kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are capable of playing the game routinely at over 60FPS, there is apparently a fix for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Using original Skyrim mods in special edition can cause save file corruption I heard. Needs to be properly converted through the creation kit.
    WHile that might be true in RARE cases, what he linked isn't a mod. It's a .dll file you just drop into your skyrim folder. However, the architecture of SSE IS different from Oldrim, so no, it won't work in general. But save corruption? Not even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Ugh, I wish Cloaks of Skyrim would get ported already. Winter is Coming: Cloaks requires Dragonscales, which I won't be getting if I am not playing a Dragonborn character, and the cloaks from Camping in Skyrim are really lackluster. I wonder if Capes and Cloaks are any good.
    Then just use the console to give yourself the dragonscales? Don't think of it as a cheat, just think of it as a work-around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    If you are capable of playing the game routinely at over 60FPS, there is apparently a fix for that.

- - - Updated - - -

WHile that might be true in RARE cases, what he linked isn't a mod. It's a .dll file you just drop into your skyrim folder. However, the architecture of SSE IS different from Oldrim, so no, it won't work in general. But save corruption? Not even.

- - - Updated - - -

Then just use the console to give yourself the dragonscales? Don't think of it as a cheat, just think of it as a work-around.
    I'd unlock my frame rate, but I heard it can cause issues in the civil war questline. Anyway I think I figured out how to lock it for Skyrim. Had to make sure my Vsync matched my monitor's hz.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    V sync must be enabled for Skyrim or the physics engine will bug out. This issue has existed since vanilla Skyrim launched in 2011. Check your graphics card control panel to be sure that v sync is forced on there as well. It should fix the issue and you'll be able to run graphics as high as you want.
    Too bad enabling Vsync is not an option if one wants to completely eliminate mouse smoothing that is coded in the most convoluted and wonkiest way possible like in all Gamebryo games.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm going to start a SSE run in a couple of weeks. I'm going to play on Legendary (always playing on highest difficulties!), but I'm getting different opinions on what that experience is like. Some say it is a world of cheese and you can't get through it legitimately, like the hardest mode in Oblivion, where I had to rely on my summons to do all the fighting, since myself I didn't deal any noticeable damage to anything... While others say that it is more like the hardest mode in Morrowind: you may be struggling at the beginning, but closer to the mid-game you still become an unstoppable juggernaut.

Which one is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd unlock my frame rate, but I heard it can cause issues in the civil war questline. Anyway I think I figured out how to lock it for Skyrim. Had to make sure my Vsync matched my monitor's hz.
    The whole purpose of the video I posted is to fix the time sync/havok issues. Hence the reason I posted it. Don't just automatically discount the video because of the title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    So, I'm going to start a SSE run in a couple of weeks. I'm going to play on Legendary (always playing on highest difficulties!), but I'm getting different opinions on what that experience is like. Some say it is a world of cheese and you can't get through it legitimately, like the hardest mode in Oblivion, where I had to rely on my summons to do all the fighting, since myself I didn't deal any noticeable damage to anything... While others say that it is more like the hardest mode in Morrowind: you may be struggling at the beginning, but closer to the mid-game you still become an unstoppable juggernaut.

Which one is it?
    If you try playing a LEGIT (i.e. no mods) game of Skyrim on Legendary, practically anything other than playing a mage is going to wreck you. If you play melee, the NPCs are going to hit you too freaking hard. If you do ranged, you won't do enough damage before they get close enough to wreck you. And mages will wreck you period. But playing a mage, it sucks at the start. You don't really get comfortably powerful enough until mid to late game. But you have the potential toolbox of being able to kill and keep yourself alive in the process. Definitely recommended to run with a tanky follower too, just be sure not to kill them with friendly fire.

I myself always play the stereotypical stealth archer. One shots for days. But on legendary, bows do negligible damage, and enemies seem to detect you from farther away. Or maybe it just feels like it. I then tried going sword and board, plate wearing tank, and could not keep myself stocked on potions long enough to make it through some dungeons in one get go. It wasn't until I switched to mage, which I've never actually even touched before, that I found a healthy balance of survivability and damage to make it through. But you eventually get to the point where a well-placed fireball will 1-2 shot just about anything short of a major boss or a dragon. I ended up going battlemage, wearing plate and casting spells, while Lydia tanked for me, and after about level 20 or so, I rarely died.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole purpose of the video I posted is to fix the time sync/havok issues. Hence the reason I posted it. Don't just automatically discount the video because of the title.
    I've already seen the video posted in another forum, people said it worked perfectly except when doing the Civil War questline. Either way, my issue isn't at severe as his, the issue I'm having is with people falling through the floor, but thank you anyway. Regardless, the video could be useful when I eventually upgrade my PC, so I'll keep it bookmarked. For now the Vsync is working.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you try playing a LEGIT (i.e. no mods) game of Skyrim on Legendary, practically anything other than playing a mage is going to wreck you. If you play melee, the NPCs are going to hit you too freaking hard. If you do ranged, you won't do enough damage before they get close enough to wreck you. And mages will wreck you period. But playing a mage, it sucks at the start. You don't really get comfortably powerful enough until mid to late game. But you have the potential toolbox of being able to kill and keep yourself alive in the process. Definitely recommended to run with a tanky follower too, just be sure not to kill them with friendly fire.

I myself always play the stereotypical stealth archer. One shots for days. But on legendary, bows do negligible damage, and enemies seem to detect you from farther away. Or maybe it just feels like it. I then tried going sword and board, plate wearing tank, and could not keep myself stocked on potions long enough to make it through some dungeons in one get go. It wasn't until I switched to mage, which I've never actually even touched before, that I found a healthy balance of survivability and damage to make it through. But you eventually get to the point where a well-placed fireball will 1-2 shot just about anything short of a major boss or a dragon. I ended up going battlemage, wearing plate and casting spells, while Lydia tanked for me, and after about level 20 or so, I rarely died.
    Yes, that was my plan. I would prefer to stay away from enemies as much as possible and wreck them from the distance, having maybe some crowd control abilities and the ability to quickly leave the battlefield if needed - seems like mage build is going to be most effective here.

Early struggle is not a problem, I expect a low-level character to be weak and squishy. What I'm concerned with is what the mid- and end-game is going to be like. In Oblivion, on the hardest difficulty I started a level 1 weakling, and ended a level 55 weakling, and that with a mini-max build, maxing out all of my stats and using the potion bug to get some stats over 100. I wouldn't want to have same kind of experience in Skyrim, I would prefer to start out weak, but become somewhat a capable fighter by the end. From what you are saying, it seems it is possible.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    endgame is cheese if you know how to abuse crafting skills to their max potential. Legendary difficulty is nothing once you have the best enchants + potions.

The crafting system 100% ruined character skill progression in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can of course abuse the alchemy + enchanting trick to get obscene enchants, but where's the fun in that? If you're otherwise playing legit, I see no reason for it. Might as well just start using mods at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can of course abuse the alchemy + enchanting trick to get obscene enchants, but where's the fun in that? If you're otherwise playing legit, I see no reason for it. Might as well just start using mods at that point.
    It's not a trick though. It's part of the game so why not use it?

And that's one of my biggest gripes with the game. The character building/progression system is bad. I see a lot of people talking about what "kind" of character they want to build but at the end of the game your character ends up overlapping into other builds anyway.

Most of your characters strength comes from Enchanting/Alchemy especially if you're someone playing a melee heavy build. If you ignore both crafting skills then you're just gimping your character for the sake of doing it instead of having a real RP reason to.

You don't need to abuse the alchemy/enchanting trick for defence.
    Smithing gets you to the armour cap, enchanting gets you to the magic resistance cap.

The trick is for (physical) damage.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without abusing the Alchemy/Enchanting/Smithing combo to make godly equipment, I originally did the game as Stealth and it was already ridiculous. I remember killing Alduin with 2 Power Sneak Attacks before he could turn around to face me. Pretty much everyone else was one shot too.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I don't usually mind using intended in-game mechanics to make it less difficult; if it is there, then the developers wanted the player to use it, after all. Good to know that the character in the end still can be powerful, even on Legendary! Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I started playing the game yesterday, and I'm having the same bug as many people have: when I hit the quicksave button (F5), nothing happens, but if I then open up the menu (ESC), the game is saved at that very moment. People say that changing FXAA to TAA works, but no way I'm sacrificing that much performance for being able to quicksave.

Are there any known fixes for this, aside from changing the anti-aliasing type? Or should I just stop quick-saving and only use regular saves? Would be a big annoyance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Legendary doesn't seem as bad as I anticipated. Sure, I die to weak groups of mobs, but it is not like in Oblivion on hardest where my damage was negligible; here, I actually deal a noticeable damage to enemies, and with a shield I don't receive extreme amounts of damage either.

I think it is going to be doable, even without exploiting alchemy and such. Will see though!