Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    One of my employees seriously didn't even know how to pump her own gas . ='[
    I met someone a few weeks ago that admitted that she's never pumped her own gas before, but she lives in Oregon, where it's illegal. She said she doesn't know how, either. But you know what? If she encountered a situation where she needed to do so, she'd figure it out in a minute or two. These things really aren't that complicated.

(again, not arguing with you, more just commenting)
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Dont worry, I can take him. I know geography, I know Civil War tactics, and as a Texan gun usage is in my blood.

guerrilla warfare here I come.
    You can serve as one of my generals.

I think we all know that if the nation falls apart it will be the Republic of Texas that survives.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Google wasn't a thing when I was at school and it is lucky we had schools, otherwise my entire knowledge base from 5 up would have consisted of boobs I'd Googled.

To be fair, that would have been preferable to Latin and likely far more practical, as I have yet to encounter a situation where cave canem has come in useful.
    Also you'd be surprised how many people, even my age, that come into this library and don't know how to use Google. Just to add onto that.

Sort of on topic... I'm technically a millennial.. and a popular meme my friends spread around is the 'Thing I didn't learn in school: How to change a tire, how to balance a checkbook, etc..." and it sorta pisses me off. There are so many ways a person can learn those sorts of things, including basic survival skills. Like dozens or ways to learn those things that are either cheap or just plain free. Its such a dumb complaint.
    I graduated in 2002 and I learned those skills in high school. Those were even required classes.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    26! You're still a baby! You never had a need to read a map, because you've pretty much had Navigation your whole life.
    And you're old with 4k posts on a video game forum lmfao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Changing a tire is such a stupid thing to be worried about. Nobody "taught" me how to do it I just had a flat one day and saw the tools and went oh yeah no shit that's simple.
    Yeah I think the first time I did it, I jacked the car up before loosening the lug nuts. But the solution was pretty simple. I just jacked the car back down, loosened the nuts, and proceeded. Special training not needed. Basic willingness to figure things out is what's required.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

All these 90s kids shit talking millenials. Lmao.

One of my employees seriously didn't even know how to pump her own gas . ='[
    My wife to this day doesn't pump her own gas, if it wasn't for the full service station in town, she'd do a lot of walking. I mean I do go get gas for her if it's really cold out, or storming, but other than that I've never seen her pump gas herself.

I don't think these are actual basic life skills, not even a skill.. Nearly everything in the US has directions on it, no more guess work really.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah I think the first time I did it, I jacked the car up before loosening the lug nuts. But the solution was pretty simple. I just jacked the car back down, loosened the nuts, and proceeded. Special training not needed. Basic willingness to figure things out is what's required.
    First time I had a puncture I discovered it was remarkably simple to fix, I called the AA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Pretty poor logic even for you endus, Pretty much all humans know how to do that WELL before school.
    And things like balancing checkbooks involve the hugely complex notions of;

1> Know how much you've spent,
    2> Know how much money you had,
    3> Know how much money you have coming in, and when, and
    4> Know what you'll need to spend on recurring costs.

It's basically "I have X dollars, rent and food will cost me Y, so I better not spend more than X-Y before Paycheck Z comes in". That's it. School shouldn't have to teach you that, because that stuff is bloody obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    My parents think the earth is less than 5000 years old, think evolution is ridiculous because humans aren't monkeys, had no idea the sun was a star, and can barely operate a TV remote let alone their cell phones. But yeah Millennial are teh stoopid wuns.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I am as well, but I was always curious, what describes a "generation" like 1-35, then it magically changes? I am 30, but I see things VERY differently than someone who is 10, but we are both considered millennials?
    I'm 30 and my brother is 24 and even with only 6 years difference we see things very differently. He's much more likely than I am to do/think/act the way people usually describe millennials whereas I do/think/act more like my 53 year old mother. And now I'm kind of sad lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

It's basically "I have X dollars, rent and food will cost me Y, so I better not spend more than X-Y before Paycheck Z comes in". That's it. School shouldn't have to teach you that, because that stuff is bloody obvious.
    that knowledge goes right out the window when it's christmas time it seems.

Yet there are lots of "adults" who overdraw their accounts and carry CC with max balances. Maybe if they were taught something about this in school. They are necessary life skills, school should prepare you for life.

As has been noted internet banking does render balancing an account trivial, but running and living on a budget, I know 35+ people who still struggle with that.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    And you're old with 4k posts on a video game forum lmfao
    Look at the post counts of all these mature knowledgable individuals, most of them live, breathe, and sleep mmo champion. Thank god for internet anonymity amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/749...ow-Bear-Grylls

but yet I think they'll survive regardless. Some might drown or freeze to death in a forest though.
    There is an error in the headline. It should read as

"Parents fail to teach millenials basic life skills"
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account

Obvious to who? At what age? Who supposedly taught them these skills? Their parents who probably can't do it themselves because 99% of people are in crippling debt?

School is supposed to prepare children for the world and for life. That's why it's mandatory to attend. If you graduate from high school with your diploma and can't function as a basic member of society, then the public education system has failed you miserably.

You don't need to balance a check book anymore, your bank statements are available 24/7 online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    All these 90s kids shit talking millenials. Lmao.
    90s kids are millenials, but maybe that's what you were refering.

Again someone bashing millennials to try and prove their superiority through their own arbitrary measures instead of us simply recognising ourselves when someone deserves respect.
    Respect is earned, not demanded.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.