Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I was actually surprised that the German police did this, since it was obvious that it would cause a lot of controversy and outrage.
    After what happened there last year, it's understandable that they do not want to risk it happening again.
    They did the obvious thing. Obviously, some people will get butthurt. Shrug.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

So does this mean people of North African descent are more likely to commit crime?
    Yes. Everyone that goes out from time to time and don't spend their spare time on GenOT realized that a long time ago. It's not new and it didn't start with the mass immigration from last years. It's always been the case.

Buubbbbut... Do you have any stats ?

No. It's illegal my friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    They did the obvious thing. Obviously, some people will get butthurt. Shrug.
    Oh, I am not saying that it was the wrong thing to do. Only that I did not expect them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Oh, I am not saying that it was the wrong thing to do. Only that I did not expect them to do so.
    And I was not saying you did say it's wrong . Merely a drive-by comment.

The butthurt comment was directed to other parties entirely.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The only place left not officially claimed is antarctica and there are international treaties in place, that keep it that way.
    Isn't there that bit of Western Sahara south of Morocco that is basicallu no-mans land?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Do you guys think this is something that will become a lot more common?

Deleted
    The left crybabies used this rhetoric in Holland aswell. How dare the police use statistics to have a higher probability to catch criminals.

We have to arrest an equal amount of 80 year old females compared to 25 year old blacks driving in fancy cars or the crowd will scream racism.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    The left crybabies used this rhetoric in Holland aswell. How dare the police use statistics to have a higher probability to catch criminals.

We have to arrest an equal amount of 80 year old females compared to 25 year old blacks driving in fancy cars or the crowd will scream racism.
    No, it is about who gets controlled by police and why. I think it would be wrong if the police stops and searches you because you are black That would also be illegal in Germany, if I am not mistaken. If they control people because of their behaviour or other other circumstances that would be no problem. I think they do this at football events if they expect that there will be hooligans on site.
    I understand the reaction in this case because of what happened last year in that city. I hope and think that this will not become standard police procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    No, it is about who gets controlled by police and why. I think it would be wrong if the police stops and searches you because you are black That would also be illegal in Germany, if I am not mistaken. If they control people because of their behaviour or other other circumstances that would be no problem. I think they do this at football events if they expect that there will be hooligans on site.
    I understand the reaction in this case because of what happened last year in that city. I hope and think that this will not become standard police procedure.
    Behavioural profiling is absolutely standard and it should be. Opposing fans from rivaling football clubs are routinely separated from home fans at local derbies. People get hung up on race in this case and forget that sometimes behavioural profiling can coincide with the target group being mainly from one ethnicity. That doesn't mean that racial profiling was the base.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Hitler did it, didn't he?

Laws restrict freedom, that's their entire purpose. They are there to prevent someone from doing something. Now, if that restricted action is harmful, then it is a net increase to freedom. If the restricted action causes no harm, then the net result is a reduction in total freedom. Since innocent people were detained, you have a net reduction in freedom.

- - - Updated - - -

Confiscating all guns would also reduce crime. Putting a governor on all automobiles that stopped them from going over the speed limit would also reduce crime. Let's do it.
    would it now? i strongly doubt it. I own a firearm, yet I commit no crimes. so I fail to see your sorry point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    would it now? i strongly doubt it. I own a firearm, yet I commit no crimes. so I fail to see your sorry point.
    People want take away the freedoms of innocent people to prevent crimes. Confiscating all firearms would restrict the freedoms of innocent people in an attempt to reduce crime. It's the same principle.

People want take away the freedoms of innocent people to prevent crimes. Confiscating all firearms would restrict the freedoms of innocent people in an attempt to reduce crime. It's the same principle.
    How do you take away illegal guns? (you know that type of gun that gets used in the majority of crimes atleast in europe) No one knows who has illegal guns. Wouldnt the government need to search your house / car / body to find them? Arent you against this? Seems like taking away even more freedoms to find the few people with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    How do you take away illegal guns? (you know that type of gun that gets used in the majority of crimes atleast in europe) No one knows who has illegal guns. Wouldnt the government need to search your house / car / body to find them? Arent you against this? Seems like taking away even more freedoms to find the few people with guns.
    Of course I'm against it, I'm against it all. That's the entire point.

Of course I'm against it, I'm against it all. That's the entire point.
    You are thinking in too much extremes.

Security screenings at events are minor compared to removing all guns (if its even possible to remove all).
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-01-05 at 02:23 PM.

You are thinking in too much extremes.

Security screenings at events are minor compared to removing all guns (if its even possible to remove all).
    I'm basing my thinking on being consistent, and not a hypocrite. Far too many people want to force their beliefs into others, but scream bloody murder when others want to do the same to them.

I'm basing my thinking on being consistent, and not a hypocrite. Far too many people want to force their beliefs into others, but scream bloody murder when others want to do the same to them.
    You base your thinking on a utopian dream world that has nothing to do with reality. Only weak people think in extremes only.

You base your thinking on a utopian dream world that has nothing to do with reality. Only weak people think in extremes only.
    Being logically consistent is not extreme, nor is it weak. Should we start applauding hypocrisy?

The reality is that people are hypocrites, and I will call them out on it.

I thought there wasn't allowed to be any discussion involving race on these forums? At least, that's what the moderator implied in the 3 threads about a black-on-white hate crime in the US. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Being logically consistent is not extreme, nor is it weak. Should we start applauding hypocrisy?

The reality is that people are hypocrites, and I will call them out on it.
    Proportionality principle /end discussion.

so instead of german police doing their job and preventing incidents like last year's immigrant sexual assault fest, they should be doing nothing and allow immigrants to assault more women this year?