15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Every mmo needs to copy the level scaling tech WoW has introduced for its leveling system and dungeons and mythic + system, mythic + does not take away choice, it adds it and people can do small group harder content if they so please. Copying content is bad, copying technical systems is not a bad thing in any way as you can always add said flavour into the mix i.e wildstar combat design.
    WoW didn't introduce scaling tech. WoW (and ESO, which also got it just some months ago) copied it from GW2 and RIFT.

WoW's scaling tech is half assed compared to ESO and GW2, though. Those games have the perfect system.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    WoW didn't introduce scaling tech. WoW (and ESO, which also got it just some months ago) copied it from GW2 and RIFT.

WoW's scaling tech is half assed compared to ESO and GW2, though. Those games have the perfect system.
    OFF topic but I personally prefer WoWs scaling up to gw2 scaling down.

I would love it if WS implemented any scaling though
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post

So you prefer ESO's scaling. Which is the best scaling system to be fair.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    I know I know....but OMG it's so cute, how could I not buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So you prefer ESO's scaling. Which is the best scaling system to be fair.
    I suppose, I haven't played One Tamriel. I did hear it was good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I know I know....but OMG it's so cute, how could I not buy it
    Its about as cute as the 6 other Snarfelynx mounts.
    Diablo Bore.

I always find myself using the CE hoverboard so mounts just can't get my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    ESO's scalin is so god awful I uninstalled the game the day after the One Tamriel update because the game feels like complete and utter horse shit now.

If Wildstar copies ESO at all they may as well just close the servers on patch day.
    Why would Wildstar copy ESO? They're still an ArenaNet property. they'd likely do the exact same thing when they introduced the megaserver concept and build on the Guild Wars 2 framework which they could get for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Why would Wildstar copy ESO? They're still an ArenaNet property. they'd likely do the exact same thing when they introduced the megaserver concept and build on the Guild Wars 2 framework which they could get for free.
    Arenanet? You mean Ncsoft, which owns both.

Primal Matrix seems like a better version of planar attunement with some AP in there.
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    ESO's scalin is so god awful I uninstalled the game the day after the One Tamriel update because the game feels like complete and utter horse shit now.

If Wildstar copies ESO at all they may as well just close the servers on patch day.
    ..................what?

Deleted
    I'm still waiting for, did we also tell you about....you just know that's coming

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    New update seems pretty nice, definitely a pleasant surprise.

I like pretty much the whole thing. Proper post-cap character progression, new group content (even if it's only one dungeon and one expedition), and level scaling for instanced content? Sounds pretty awesome to me.

Hopefully they'll add some nice bonus rewards for max level players to encourage them to do leveling dungeons/expeditions again, because I doubt the Primal Matrix stuff will do much for that.
    In addition to that, it's going to be on the PTR next week. That's some next level shit for Carbine at this stage. So while I completely agree, I'm also kinda bummed because as solid as this is it will not last very long. Without *actual* new content on a regular basis, we'll be back to grinding in Arcterra for all the Primal advancement. It will still feel the same as the last 6 months have been. Hoping there's a better plan to follow up on this.

PS - My wife has had the Panda Snarf since halloween b/c she's a baller.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    In addition to that, it's going to be on the PTR next week. That's some next level shit for Carbine at this stage. So while I completely agree, I'm also kinda bummed because as solid as this is it will not last very long. Without *actual* new content on a regular basis, we'll be back to grinding in Arcterra for all the Primal advancement. It will still feel the same as the last 6 months have been. Hoping there's a better plan to follow up on this.

Well look at how successful M+ has been in WoW, people love that stuff, and it will be in 3 dungeons and 3 expeditions in WS, so that will definetely keep people farming, its not like there is no new content, its a sizable update in both features and content, I mean at this point I would have preferred new instance content over a new instanced daily/boss grind zone, and that is coming from someone who loves Arcterra.

I have a feeling the next update will be june or july with RMT hardmode and the next world story.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

Yeah. This feels more like an interim-patch than something to give folks to do. Like, especially with the level scaling in instances, this is the kind of thing that should have launched alongside Steam. I'm dead serious. This and the faction removals should have been the Steam patch, giving new players (or those returning who never got to max level) the major convenience/features that the game has desparately needed and dramatically improve quality of life for newer players.

A single dungeon and adventure is nice, but that's pretty minor in terms of a content update overall. Even the Primal Matrix pretty firmly falls under that category, because IMO there's really not enough current endgame content to sustain a proper post-cap progression system like this for very long.

If they can come out with a meaty content patch (a few more max level/hardmode dungeons, some incentives for going back and doing either low level content or max level content that they've progressed past, and either a new zone or a finding a way to make Arterra interesting again for solo/small group players) in the 3 months following this patch, they'll actually be sitting pretty.

It's never going to happen, but if that did happen and NCsoft for some reason ponied up the money for a huge marketing push, I think the game would have a solid chance at some moderate success. Granted, they'd be far more in the red with their financials given the marketing budget, but at least they'd have a possibly sustainable path forward that didn't leave the game in serious danger of being closed down.

Damn shame it's taking them nearly 3 years to whip this game into shape : (

I have some strong feelings towards mmorpg outlets like massively or mmorpg.

for Massively, WoW previews a raid and its front page on the main slider. No biggy I guess, Nighthold looks cool.

Wildstar announces major update, gets one post that literally only said ONE of the pieces of content in said update. Nothing about new content or Prime+ dungeons, just the new Matrix.

But theirs was better than mmorpgs.

RIFT farts out anything and mmorpg rushes to it and covers it, Wildstar had like 3 sentences saying "new character progression past 50, read more here" People who use these sites for info are being misinformed.
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Yeah. This feels more like an interim-patch than something to give folks to do. Like, especially with the level scaling in instances, this is the kind of thing that should have launched alongside Steam. I'm dead serious. This and the faction removals should have been the Steam patch, giving new players (or those returning who never got to max level) the major convenience/features that the game has desparately needed and dramatically improve quality of life for newer players.

A single dungeon and adventure is nice, but that's pretty minor in terms of a content update overall. Even the Primal Matrix pretty firmly falls under that category, because IMO there's really not enough current endgame content to sustain a proper post-cap progression system like this for very long.

If they can come out with a meaty content patch (a few more max level/hardmode dungeons, some incentives for going back and doing either low level content or max level content that they've progressed past, and either a new zone or a finding a way to make Arterra interesting again for solo/small group players) in the 3 months following this patch, they'll actually be sitting pretty.

It's never going to happen, but if that did happen and NCsoft for some reason ponied up the money for a huge marketing push, I think the game would have a solid chance at some moderate success. Granted, they'd be far more in the red with their financials given the marketing budget, but at least they'd have a possibly sustainable path forward that didn't leave the game in serious danger of being closed down.

Damn shame it's taking them nearly 3 years to whip this game into shape : (
    I would still call it a meaty content patch, I mean. New features and content is what I wanted, and I consider 2 instances a lot with Primythic+ in the game as well.

I mean, lets be real, if it had a zone people would be like "woaaah, expansion?" its just that words like "brand new zone" sounds much more than "Brand new dungeon"

When you look at Wildstar, this update is pretty huge, and it does seem crb are proud of it, according to twitter at least.

If they can have a stable 3-4 patches a year of somewhat similar size, than I would say they are doing a damn good job.

I really like this quote that Stephen Frost shared on twitter a few days ago "1 passionate man can do more than 40 people merely interested" Obviously he wasn't referring to Carbine, but I still think it applies
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbark View Post
    RIFT farts out anything and mmorpg rushes to it and covers it, Wildstar had like 3 sentences saying "new character progression past 50, read more here" People who use these sites for info are being misinformed.
    That's because that site is a hellscape of bitter Uncle Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That's because that site is a hellscape of bitter Uncle Owens.
    What he said

Side note, do you remember there that Edge quote was? I think it was a RIFT thread. I need a screencap of that because its hilarious.

RIGHT, gotta say something on topic, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, bg event will be neat for NA people who get less ques compared to EU
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbark View Post
    I have some strong feelings towards mmorpg outlets like massively or mmorpg.

for Massively, WoW previews a raid and its front page on the main slider. No biggy I guess, Nighthold looks cool.

Wildstar announces major update, gets one post that literally only said ONE of the pieces of content in said update. Nothing about new content or Prime+ dungeons, just the new Matrix.

But theirs was better than mmorpgs.

WoW is a major title and the raid is a pretty big addition. It's got a huge amount of interest.

WildStar, not so much on being a major title or having much interest. So of course they're going to give more visibility to articles for games that people are playing/clicking on.

Why would WildStar get more? They literally just announced the update, they haven't dished any more details yet. Enhance your calm and take off your victimhood.

Can't comment on MMORPG, really. That site makes no sense to me, their coverage is usually not great, and an even worst community of posters.

Side note, do you remember there that Edge quote was? I think it was a RIFT thread. I need a screencap of that because its hilarious.
    Yep. Click the little arrow icons next to my username and it takes you straight there (that icon in any quote takes you to the quoted post).

When you look at Wildstar, this update is pretty huge, and it does seem crb are proud of it, according to twitter at least.

If they can have a stable 3-4 patches a year of somewhat similar size, than I would say they are doing a damn good job.
    Oh, it's not a small update. But I don't consider it a "huge" update either given the light amount of proper content. The features are fantastic, but it becomes more of a feature patch than a content patch.

And either way, if they can get 3 solid patches out this year I'd call that a big win for them.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-01-05 at 01:20 AM.

WoW is a major title and the raid is a pretty big addition. It's got a huge amount of interest.

WildStar, not so much on being a major title or having much interest. So of course they're going to give more visibility to articles for games that people are playing/clicking on.

Why would WildStar get more? They literally just announced the update, they haven't dished any more details yet. Enhance your calm and take off your victimhood.

Can't comment on MMORPG, really. That site makes no sense to me, their coverage is usually not great, and an even worst community of posters.

Yep. Click the little arrow icons next to my username and it takes you straight there (that icon in any quote takes you to the quoted post).

Oh, it's not a small update. But I don't consider it a "huge" update either given the light amount of proper content. The features are fantastic, but it becomes more of a feature patch than a content patch.

And either way, if they can get 3 solid patches out this year I'd call that a big win for them.
    Oh, thanks for the sig tip

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding, thought you meant it was a smallish update. We good fam
    Diablo Bore.

Up or down is probably more dependent on how the systems were built in the beginning than a preference by the developers. Personally I prefer the GW2 approach although it needs some tweaks because gear has too much of an impact.

That said, I am disappointed that scaling was only implemented in instanced content in this patch. That doesn't get people out into the world. All it does it push people into dungeon farming. Without world scaling, I won't return.

I also have a big problem with primal matrix. Not because it exists but rather because of how they are using it. Post level cap progression is great but it should be QoL and not impact your power. The moment you include power into the system it will just grow the gap between the players who are now playing and new players joining in a few months time. It shouldn't affect combat at all. I remember joining a competing game about 3 months after an expansion was released and by then their legendaries were big enough differentiators that it was almost better to quit and wait for the next expansion.

They seem to be moving in the right direction though. I would really like to see world scaling and hopefully some time in the future a way to experience the existing raids without large groups. Maybe AI players to fill in the gaps or something else (system multi boxing, player scaling, etc). I am not saying take anything away that is there already. More content is good.