Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 amends the federal criminal code to rewrite provisions relating to fraudulent claims about military service
    Yes, the Stolen Valor Act of 2013 is exactly as I described it.

Fraudulently claiming to have received military decorations or awards with the intent of gaining a tangible benefit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2013

The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received any of a series of particular military decorations and awards with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit from convincing someone that he or she rightfully did receive that award.
    If he is lying like you claim then since he didn't claim to have received any decorations nor is he attempting to gain any tangible benefit, it is not a crime under the Stolen Valor act.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Good point, but for all intents and purposes, it's a military grade combat rifle. IIRC, one little fix for about $20 makes it full auto anyway. And the AR-15 is the civilian equivalent of the M-4.

I totally agree about the devastating effects of even semi-auto. I also personally think the rifle is pretty cool, and if offered one, would certainly accept it. Just didn't want to come across as a anti-gun nut.
    How many crimes have been committed with a full auto?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Tyrianth: Would you assume I am using stolen valor if I told you I served twice in the US army?

1988 to 1991: 54B20, Nelligen Barracks, Stuttgart (Nelligen), Germany. 51st Chemical Company, 2nd Coscom.
    -- Deployed Saudi Arabia, Oct 15th, 1990 to March 24th, 1991.
    1993 to 1996: 11M10/(54B20 secondary), Ft Stewart, GA, C Co. 3/15th Infantry, 24th Infantry
    -- Deployed Mogadishu, Somalia -- October 4th, 1993 to March 15th, 1994.

It's very hard to tell that someone is or isn't a member of the service. from what they tell you. And yes, I am old. :P

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    @Tyrianth: Would you assume I am using stolen valor if I told you I served twice in the US army?

1988 to 1991: 54B20, Nelligen Barracks, Stuttgart (Nelligen), Germany. 51st Chemical Company, 2nd Coscom.
    -- Deployed Saudi Arabia, Oct 15th, 1990 to March 24th, 1991.
    1993 to 1996: 11M10/(54B20 secondary), Ft Stewart, GA, C Co. 3/15th Infantry, 24th Infantry
    -- Deployed Mogadishu, Somalia -- October 4th, 1993 to March 15th, 1994.

It's very hard to tell that someone is or isn't a member of the service. from what they tell you. And yes, I am old. :P
    I'm not. @stabetha is claiming you are. I simply said that even if he is right and you are lying (I never said you were lying) that it would not be considered Stolen Valor.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stolen valor generally is for individual that are wearing uniforms or making claims that are giving them advantages that they haven't earned. It is very similar in nature to wearing a police officers uniform and going in for a free lunch.

I want one just to see what all the fuss is about.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Not good to start the video off with a clear lie that they disprove in the same video.
    TECHNICALLY, the AR15 is banned in California. Only Colt can make an AR15, though many people make copies. It's possible that a pre-89 AR15 may have been registered, I think that's when Cali went to register/ ban "assault weapons".

Some people do shoot guns for fun. Target shooting is very much a thing.
    And the ar15-style guns are the most popular for competition. There's also a lot of advantage to them for home defense and of course 223 is a varmint round and is used quite often for groundhogs.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    It's also my constitutional right. In the end to defend myself, my family, and this country from tyrants. Period.
    Combat Drones. Who do you think you're kidding?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to pick up a rifle. I am pretty sure I would want a Dragunov over a AR-15. It is far better for hunting as the bullet isn't likely to make a mess of the deer when it drops it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    The San Bernadino shooters would like to say hello.
    You know the rifle they bought was a straw purchase and illegally modified, right?
    As in, not bought legally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Well said. The " we need it to defend from a tyrannical government" thing always cracks me up.

A truly tyrannical regime in the US would dispatch the drones on a bunch of hicks and their hunting rifles/shotguns/ 38 specials. Bundy and those like him wouldn't stand a chance.

Oh, they'll fade into the countryside/wilderness and conduct guerilla warfare you say? Well, then, their hometowns with wives and children will suffer. See the Boer Wars for reference. And that was in the late 1800s.

Seriously, the tech available to modern developed-world states is paradigm altering.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-01-04 at 09:31 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Congress? They don't allow the CDC to do any research on gun violence.
    Inaccurate portrayal of the actual dispute. The CDC wanted to examine "gun culture" as a "disease", to find a way to reduce the presence of guns, rather than examining ways to improve safety. They began with the idea that guns were bad and wanted to find ways to remove them, they got slapped. There are plenty of studies about guns/gun violence in various government agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Hows that working out in the Middle East?

And all they live in is mud huts, broke ass infrastructure and have shit ass AK47s. (until they steal our gear)

We have a state of the art military but we can't control the equivalent of a bunch of backwater hicks in the desert.

Dumb argument is dumb. Not to mention the political fall-out for using weaponized drones on US soil would be just down right disastrous.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-04 at 09:40 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the name they are really looking for is Andres Raya of Ceres, California. As an example of a person with an assault rifle that given the right training but suffered from a desire to die and take people with him.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Cali just hired Holder, guy who pushed the F&F gun running fiasco.

Hilarious hypocrisy.
    And just got rid of Lee who was directly responsible for putting illegals guns on the streets. California politicians are a special breed of shit.

oh that country... so, so silly.

Who needs this shit besides the military?

GO TRUMP! proud supporter of mass killings everywhere!
    Last edited by Alphabitsoup; 2017-01-04 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    TECHNICALLY, the AR15 is banned in California. Only Colt can make an AR15, though many people make copies. It's possible that a pre-89 AR15 may have been registered, I think that's when Cali went to register/ ban "assault weapons"
    Correct. The original Roberti-Roos was in 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    If I were to pick up a rifle. I am pretty sure I would want a Dragunov over a AR-15. It is far better for hunting as the bullet isn't likely to make a mess of the deer when it drops it.
    And virtually every single Dragunov is an assault weapon in California, as well. But many people use an AR-10 for hunting, as well, with the more capable 7.62x51.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

"The guy selling the guns seems extremely knowledgeable. I think he sums it up perfectly "It's like trying to blame the car for DUI's" "

While it is something to consider it is probably worth noting that cars are heavily regulated and held to rigorous safety standards in an attempt to reduce loss of life. It is also completely legal to revoke the drivers license after some one gets a DUI or has proven themselves a danger to others while operating a motor vehicle (mental instability/ deficiencies, physical impairments). Then of course a car is designed to be a form a transportation with safety being a very large consideration in the design while a gun is lethal by design.

On the surface it sounds like a solid argument but if you really take a second to think about it... do you want to lose your gun rights because society deems you a threat when armed much like a we consider drunk drivers to be unfit to drive a car?

incoming REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How many crimes have been committed with a full auto?
    I believe there was one back in the 80's that was wishy-washy on self-defense. The guy opened fire with an uzi but the guy fell as he was shot and some bullets hit the back. It was a while ago I heard of it though, so couldn't reference it. Otherwise, the use of legal NFA in crime is non-existent.