Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxy View Post
    Rift 4.0 is awesome, with awesome potential in a near future
    Coming soon™! Just about sums up Rift 4.0 so far wouldn't you say?

It's very obvious that SFP has been a rushed disaster from the start. If anyone will be around to play with when that eventual future awesomeness happens is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Tried to play the new expansion but it was just too painful, they really need to prune half of the bloat from trees :/
    As much as I would love for this to happen, doing so would only serve to reveal how shallow Rifts combat actually is. At the moment, it's obfusicated by the fact that without macroing you've got 200 abilities on your hotbar - And probably just as many off it that you'll never use sat in your spell book.

There's very little actual mechanical depth to the combat, a couple of procs here and there sure, but I can't think of even one case where my characters performance has hinged on my ability to use a certain mechanic. Maybe that's just because I was playing a Mage? I can't really say of other classes have anything that would fit, but I know for certain that Mages didn't. If anything, it's made me appreciate the design of the old Assassin Rogue in WoW TBC where you had to actively manage the Find Weakness buff. Keeping it active, along with Rupture and Slice n Dice, took lots of practice. If you wanted to squeeze the most DPS out of it, you had to understand that there were times when you could let the buff fall off and pool your Energy without losing DPS, and times when you could make that practice pay off by getting extra Envenoms off. Rift has nothing of the sort and hides that fact by giving you a vast quantity of abilities, with very little mechanical quality to them.

Resource bars are effectively meaningless too. I've never once ran out of Mana while playing a Mage and managing charge was only really an issue for playing Arbiter. To be honest, I've really been wondering why they're even there!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, if I could go back to Telara circa 2011/2 I'd do it in a heartbeat!
    I would even go back to first expansion rift. I was all over that for about 6 months nonstop. I don't think I've actually played any MMO over one duration of time as much as I did that game. The first game and then first xpac were glory years if ever there were some.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I would even go back to first expansion rift. I was all over that for about 6 months nonstop. I don't think I've actually played any MMO over one duration of time as much as I did that game. The first game and then first xpac were glory years if ever there were some.
    Yeah, I remember spending so many hours working on clearing out all the quests/carnage's in each of the zones. Had plenty of gripes about it (especially how big and empty most zones ended up being, making traveling around them and finishing carnage quests less fun than it could have been), but Storm Legion at least got off to a decent start.

But yeah, classic Rift though? Hot damn, when I was deep into that I don't think I had any side-MMO's that I was playing at the same time like I usually do. I'm struggling to think of what other games I was playing back then, and all I can come up with is Rift, because hot damn was it so bloody brilliant and packed with so much stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Exactly and it's not just nostalgia. The game back then was actually decent before late Storm Legion then it just became a bag of shit by giving a fuck more about the quick buck than releasing quality and polished content.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-05 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly and it's not just nostalgia. The game back then was actually decent before late Storm Legion then it just became a bag of shit by giving a fuck more about the quick buck than releasing quality and polished content.
    IIRC when they announced F2P I said this was gonna happen and several people, not just the normal white knights but others as well, argued and argued with me. I called exactly this happening as soon as the F2P announcement came out. It's where that attitude of "We know what's best for you" leads. Just look at politicians. They say they know what's best for us, but in the end, they do what lines their pockets the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    IIRC when they announced F2P I said this was gonna happen and several people, not just the normal white knights but others as well, argued and argued with me. I called exactly this happening as soon as the F2P announcement came out. It's where that attitude of "We know what's best for you" leads. Just look at politicians. They say they know what's best for us, but in the end, they do what lines their pockets the most.
    Well look at the quality of Starfall. I feel sorry for those unable to refund it. I ended up giving my friend the £30 back because well. Fuck no.

Well look at the quality of Starfall. I feel sorry for those unable to refund it. I ended up giving my friend the £30 back because well. Fuck no.
    Starfall has quality :P
    I know what you meant, I kid

Yeah, Fortress sieges and LFR may be cool but at this point people are so burned with Starfall I dont see them returning for content that was delayed from the xpac launch
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Yeah, Fortress sieges and LFR may be cool but at this point people are so burned with Starfall I dont see them returning for content that was delayed from the xpac launch
    So I've been trying to figure out...was I alone in thinking that this content would be coming at launch? It always seemed to me that they implied it would be in the game at launch in their initial communications, and was surprised to see the launch day post for the expansion call them out as coming "post-launch". Because looking back, I can't recall them ever clarifying that these were not going to be in launch prior to...well, launch.

Just want to figure out if I'm being overly harsh and I completely missed something obvious, or if it really was implied to be launch content that was announced to be post-launch content on launch day.

So I've been trying to figure out...was I alone in thinking that this content would be coming at launch? It always seemed to me that they implied it would be in the game at launch in their initial communications, and was surprised to see the launch day post for the expansion call them out as coming "post-launch". Because looking back, I can't recall them ever clarifying that these were not going to be in launch prior to...well, launch.

Just want to figure out if I'm being overly harsh and I completely missed something obvious, or if it really was implied to be launch content that was announced to be post-launch content on launch day.
    Fortress sieges and LFR were big things on the Starfall prophecy website, and while never said "coming at launch" they never once said it would be post 4.0 content, in fact, there is more evidence to support that it was meant for 4.0 but like most of the expansion, it was not ready.
    Diablo Bore.

Fortress sieges and LFR were big things on the Starfall prophecy website, and while never said "coming at launch" they never once said it would be post 4.0 content, in fact, there is more evidence to support that it was meant for 4.0 but like most of the expansion, it was not ready.
    Yeah. IIRC they were always pretty up-front that the raid would come after the launch, but I can't remember them making similarly clarifying comments about Fortress Siege/LFR. I just haven't followed dev posts super closely, so not sure if they posted about it and I simply missed it or something.

Yeah. IIRC they were always pretty up-front that the raid would come after the launch, but I can't remember them making similarly clarifying comments about Fortress Siege/LFR. I just haven't followed dev posts super closely, so not sure if they posted about it and I simply missed it or something.
    I check sites lime MoP or Mmorpg daily, so I am sure I would have seen something, I could swear they were never transparent with fortress sieges or raid, I guess with the raid they may have said "shortly after" like with EN in WoW, but 2+ months for 1 10 man raids with like, entirely reused assets isnt that awe inspiring.
    Diablo Bore.

I check sites lime MoP or Mmorpg daily, so I am sure I would have seen something, I could swear they were never transparent with fortress sieges or raid, I guess with the raid they may have said "shortly after" like with EN in WoW, but 2+ months for 1 10 man raids with like, entirely reused assets isnt that awe inspiring.
    Holy shit you weren't kidding. It's literally reused Tuath'de Coven assets. That is fucking lazy. I mean it's common for MMOs to reuse assets don't get me wrong but nearly 2 months?!

Holy shit you weren't kidding. It's literally reused Tuath'de Coven assets. That is fucking lazy. I mean it's common for MMOs to reuse assets don't get me wrong but nearly 2 months?!
    Man, remember getting to Brevane and duscan? seeing all the new art assetts and models and feeling like storm legion was a whole new game?

What happened? loss of staff, budget or just running on fumes?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man, remember getting to Brevane and duscan? seeing all the new art assetts and models and feeling like storm legion was a whole new game?
    SL blew my mind honestly. It was a bit bleak and empty, but otherwise so good when it first launched. They burned out like halfway through, but I remember doing the world events every weekend alll the time.
    BAD WOLF

Is dumb, even Mind of Madness from NMT had some amazing looking areas that FELT like a raid, that place just...ugh

I have said before that what makes a raid for me isn't just the boss fights, its also the design that is so important, and grey and green water isn't good, i dont want a raid that looks like the inside of a toilet after a Mountain dew and dorito bingefest
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the Fortress Siege is an Open World zone event, not sure what people are saying "reused" assets, it's part of the zone, the 10-man boss is just that a single boss in a single area.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Eh, the Fortress Siege is an Open World zone event, not sure what people are saying "reused" assets, it's part of the zone, the 10-man boss is just that a single boss in a single area.
    I was talking about the boss of the raid they showed, it was just the same gloomy ugly colors.

If they were going to reuse areas for the raid at least make it Scatherran or something
    Diablo Bore.