Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Ford Motor Co.'s cancellation of plans to build a $1.6 billion auto manufacturing plant in San Luis Potosi has sounded alarms across Mexico.
    aieyyy chiwawa!!!
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

7+ Year Old Account
    So quality of life in Mexico was comparable before '94? I hope I don't sound like I'm being contrarian or disputing anything of what you're saying, just looking for clarification. I thought Mexicans had been coming to the USA for decades for a better life, "the American Dream"...
    It just got worse after NAFTA as far as I understand. People typically don't flee their country if things are at least acceptable in their home one, they clearly aren't in Mexico.

Its offtopic but I'd imagine there would have to be a loss of market or massive increase in domestic production before that happens so any wall would simply be an inconvenience. Maybe I just don't understand how much of the drugs in America is imported by land.
    It's more of a case that cash and guns flow from America into Mexico. America has stiff border check-ins and the ICE. Mexico doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    It's more of a case that cash and guns flow from America into Mexico. America has stiff border check-ins and the ICE. Mexico doesn't.
    Neuter the cartels access to weaponry, fair cop
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Didn't we have a thread yesterday and everyone said Trump had nothing to do with fords decision. They were gonna do it anyway. So if he doesn't get the praise for it, he doesn't get the blame either.

Also something particularly rich about Mexico complaining the US took jobs away.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Deny it all you want. Pretty obvious trump struck a deal.
    You are not very intelligent. Ford enies Trump having anything to do with it..Go stick your head back up Trumps' rearend.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-04 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So won't that just drive up prices for everyone?
    Thats what happens when you dont use the slave labor of illegals. You dont want illegals? You pay more for your goods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You are not very intelligent. Ford enies Trump having anything to do with it..Go stick your head back up Trumps' rearend.
    Didn't ford declare they like the atmosfeer trump is creating?

Go crawl up the denial rearend.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news...ump/index.html
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-01-04 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good thing Trump had nothing to do with Ford decision, at all. Sounds like Mexico gets their news from the same shit sources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's a good thing Trump had nothing to do with Ford decision, at all. Sounds like Mexico gets their news from the same shit sources.
    U mean the Ford Ceo? Or CNN?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So.. It costed him millions to keep 800 jobs.
    I guess I am going to make me some popcorn.
    Imagine having 800 on wellfare instead. Runs in the 10s of millions.

Hint: Ford stated publicly that they decided to make this change before the elections were even held. At least have some idea of what is going on so that you do not look so foolish in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    U mean the Ford Ceo? Or CNN?

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine having 800 on wellfare instead. Runs in the 10s of millions.
    Yeah, would you like a CNN video interview where the CEO himself says "We didn't cut a deal with Trump?"
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news...inkId=33000121
    Here you go.

Deleted
    inbe4 neoliberals say:

- This has nothing to do with Trump. Mexico wouldve lost these jobs anyway.
    - Trump is taking credit for Obama again.
    - Trump is not even president yet. He is inheriting Obamas success.
    - Trump is a racist, sexist islamaphobe, gender-fluidphobe Hitler and he triggers me and my waifu pillow.

LOL
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2017-01-04 at 11:12 PM.

In before the lock, because we all know it's going to get even more sour in this thread.

Anyways, tough luck Mexico and no one gives a shit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Trump is taking the US jobs back* title should be.

10+ Year Old Account

Atmosphere*

Also, Ford is on record that they would have made the move regardless of who won because it's easier to develop new technologies and expand the capabilities of electric cars when the manufacturing plants are close to the engineers for control purposes. If the engineers are in Silicon Valley but the manufacturing's being done in Mexico, there's a bunch of red tape involved in addressing any issues that could spring up on the assembly line as opposed to just flying them out to the US plants.

Yes, Ford spoke in favor of Trump's proposed economic plans because big businesses love Republican economies--lots of tax cuts and low regulation means they can get away with more than they would under a more regulatory government. In this case, correlation is not causation.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    How long have Americans been crying about about Mexicans taking their jobs? And now this... Too funny.

Was listening to Money Talk on NPR. The guy said it makes sense for Ford to manufacture their low end vehicles like the Ford focus in Mexico and Canada while US workers manufacture the high ticket items like pickups and SUVs.

There's not a lot of demand for the Ford Focus cause the price of oil has dropped.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Someone's still gotta to make the cars, robots and AIs. I get the value of your point, it is true, but at the same time NAFTA and Free Trade are different then this.
    Do you think robots cant build other robots? and cars partly made by robots already

Again though, nothing to do with Trump.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you build a wall it will create jobs doing it. It also might save lives in the remote areas.