Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Trump Faces Contractual Violation on Jan. 20th.

Old article, but with the date rapidly approaching and nothing having changed this is a good time to bring it up again.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...e-as-president

Once Donald Trump is sworn into office Jan. 20, his lease of the old Federal Post Office, now home to his D.C. Trump International Hotel, will become illegal, according to a law professor who studied the agreement.
    The clause reads: "No member or delegate to Congress, or elected official of the Government of the United States or the Government of the District of Columbia, shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease or to any benefit that may arise therefrom."
    Basically as soon as he takes office Trump will be violating the contract of his new DC hotel. At this time there is no plan for him to divest from the property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not good for his finances, maybe, but breach of contract isn't that big a deal.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Old article, but with the date rapidly approaching and nothing having changed this is a good time to bring it up again.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...e-as-president

Basically as soon as he takes office Trump will be violating the contract of his new DC hotel. At this time there is no plan for him to divest from the property.
    Oh, get over it. You can have legitimate differences with the guy, but this is just a new level of stupid.
    Last edited by ControlWarrior; 2017-01-05 at 04:58 AM.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Well, not good for his finances, maybe, but breach of contract isn't that big a deal.

It is when you are the president, just imagine the shitshow we would be hearing from the right wingers if Obama had these dealings going on on the side of being president they would scream IMPEACCHMENT

Didn't we have a thread about this a while back?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    It is when you are the president, just imagine the shitshow we would be hearing from the right wingers if Obama had these dealings going on on the side of being president they would scream IMPEACCHMENT
    they would be screaming regardless.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Didn't we have a thread about this a while back?
    Possibly, and given the number of different laws Trump is set to break come January 20th - having one thread dedicated to one of them seems overkill.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Oh, get it over it. You can have legitimate differences with the guy, but this is just a new level of stupid.
    lol so people who dislike Trump are not allowed to point out how he's blatantly going to be breaking the law?

The amount of handwaving you guys are doing for your Glorious Leader rivals even Scientology.

10+ Year Old Account
    From http://www.govexec.com/excellence/pr...ebacle/133424/ *

“No ... elected official of the Government of the United States ... shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease, or to any benefit that may arise therefrom...”
    Why was the underline section omitted? You can't just say "No" and dot-dot-dot to the part that upsets you.

Sounds like someone took journalistic "liberties".

--Update--

Further digging. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_content=2056

"The contract between GSA and the Trump Organization specifically says that no elected official of the United States government shall be party to, share in, or benefit from the contract," he says, citing clause 37.19 of the contract.

That clause reads:

"No member or delegate to Congress, or elected official of the Government of the United States or the Government of the District of Columbia, shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease or to any benefit that may arise therefrom."
    Better clarification. The clause says nothing about changing the ownership to the lease to his adult-children.

--Update--

Also he can just make his legal-adult kids lease the property instead.

Next fake news thread.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-01-05 at 03:04 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Possibly, and given the number of different laws Trump is set to break come January 20th - having one thread dedicated to one of them seems overkill.
    Uh huh. An extraneous circumstance conflicts with 1 line in lease ...and that's "breaking the law"?

Pfff...

I'm so sure Trump ran for President just to get a better rate on a piece of property, lulz.

And its up to the government to find a solution - which they have yet to do.

Why do you figure that might be?

Why wouldn't Obama direct his people to figure out how to solve this innocuous matter?

Could it be that he wants people, easily duped people that is, to foam at the mouth with outrage over this?

Good thing Trump can just pen & phone a solution in when hes the boss.

Cause Trump gets shit done.

MAGA.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Oh, get it over it. You can have legitimate differences with the guy, but this is just a new level of stupid.
    Any objections of substance?

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Uh huh. An extraneous circumstance conflicts with 1 line in lease ...and that's "breaking the law"?
    Not going to even bother getting the links, with a name like your's I doubt facts will make a dent in your orange armour

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Trump gets shit done*

Maybe when pigs fly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol so people who dislike Trump are not allowed to point out how he's blatantly going to be breaking the law?

The amount of handwaving you guys are doing for your Glorious Leader rivals even Scientology.
    Contracts aren't laws.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So....were u as vocal as when it showed The Clinton Foundation did shady crap? Probably not.

It's easily fixable. OR his lawyers could argue the point when the lease was signed he wasn't violating it.

I just wish to hell people would quit digging deep to find frivolous shit.

What about being FORCED to pay for Healthcare and get denied to be able to use it? That's the crap I'm more concerned about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    Contracts aren't laws.
    than what is contract law?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

not like anything will happen

he will get away with it like everything else
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    So....were u as vocal as when it showed The Clinton Foundation did shady crap? Probably not.

It's easily fixable. OR his lawyers could argue the point when the lease was signed he wasn't violating it.

What about being FORCED to pay for Healthcare and get denied to be able to use it? That's the crap I'm more concerned about
    Not sure what relevance the Clinton Foundation has to Trump's holdings. The President using his office to enrich himself is not "frivolous shit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    Contracts aren't laws.
    ...Then what's the point of a contract if it isn't binding?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post

Clinton will not be President, and therefore does not matter anymore.
    Stop deflecting.

I cannot wait when all the foreign dignitaries stay in that hotel when visiting. Isn't hat pay for play?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!