Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help me understand

Today I was doing some stupid World Quest that involved killing Naga or players. So since I hate PvP I was just trying to kill Naga. Well of course other players wanna kill me and I'd try to fight back. And this is where it all went wrong.

Why is it everybody seems to kill me in about 2 seconds flat yet my abilities seem to do little to no damage to them? Why is it a HEALER can almost kill me while healing through any damage I'm doing to it? Please help me understand.

Deleted
    probably because you get rekt by ppls in 890+ gear which just wanna have some fun killing 830's in just 2 globals, i personally do.

welcome to the world of mmo's, deal with it.

So I thought this expansion gear wasn't going to have as big an effect on PVP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starmachine View Post
    So I thought this expansion gear wasn't going to have as big an effect on PVP?
    World pvp is not affected at all, only instanced pvp is.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    World pvp is not affected at all, only instanced pvp is.
    ^^This. When you fight a random out in the world your gear/stats don't change at all.

So if I'm not a raider it's just "suck it up and have fun corpse running"?

Deleted
    So if I'm not a raider it's just "suck it up and have fun corpse running"?
    Why do you have to be a raider? Everyone can get gear by simply running mythic+ dungeons. If you can't handle the corpse running then simply don't do the pvp WQ's, simple

I get PVPed everywhere

Deleted
    I get PVPed everywhere
    Play on a PvE server then

just find a grp in LFG and 5v1 ppl.

OK you gonna pay $275 to transfer my guys? Then fuck off

I get PVPed everywhere
    So you're playing on a PvP server? Otherwise you can only be PvPed in the areas around the PvP WQ's..

- - - Updated - - -

Were you expecting something else from a PvP server then? I mean you have 11 chars there, you should understand by now...

Watch out, we got a tough guy here

You're right, there's literally no way around this. Better just give up and quit. It's the only way to keep your sanity.

Or you can quit crying like a little bitch and git gud. *mic drop*

Open World PvP doesnt use templates/stat changes. You keep all the same stats you normally have, trinkets and legendaries work in Open World too.

It's funny having Fire Mage Bracers and just about one shotting anyone in World PvP.

So yeah, probably came across some peeps with some good gear.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

10+ Year Old Account
    Avoid the PvP world quests.

If you're on a PvP server then...I'm sorry? That was a choice that you made.

Another thread confirming a lot of players pick "pvp servers" even though they clearly don't belong there.

Wish they didn't then we wouldn't have so many dead pve servers now and so many qq about being ganked (recent one involving diablo anniversary event).

How is today any different from "golden vanilla days" when lvl 60s would go and gank lowbies in STV? Picking easy targets always existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't do FFA PvP quests if you lack the gear for those. If you need to do PvP quests then just stick to the usual tower assaults where you are less likely to be killed by opposite faction or people from the same faction

Though I do have a question - do FFA PvP areas/quests exist in PvE servers even?

And yes, I am one of those people who enjoy those type of PvP quests, at least on my guardian. I don't single anyone out, I just kill what I see ^^. If I get killed in progress, oh well. Time for rematch.

Just skip pvp WQ if you're not ready to enter pvp fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Avoid the PvP world quests.
    Depends on your class imo.

On my Rogue i just tag everyone I see and go into stealth while waiting for people to kill each other. Fastest WQ ever