Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Serious question: What are you hoping for here? Do you think this means Trump gets his Presidency taken away?
    When it comes to reality, what I or you hope for isn't relevant.

What is likely to happen (in decreasing order of probability- in my opinion) are:

1. Republican Congress changes the laws
    2. Republicans and Democrats get together to get rid of an insane fool and replace him with Mike Pence who is just a fool.
    3. Trump actually alters is various business activities to ensure he abides by the several laws he will break, before the 20th of January.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Ok for the moment let me grant the premise you're trying to extend there.

Ahem.

Trump didn't intent to do wrong.

He wasn't aware the lease was marked "no government employee such and such".

The headers of the contract he signed didn't indicate it was a contract.

/sarcasm

Its going to be real hard, I mean damned imfuckingpossible, for anybody to convince some legal body to go after Trump over this considering what just happened with Hillary Clinton and what happened with Obama during his eight years by which I'm referring to all of the ACTUAL LAWS he broke, ignored, or otherwise end-ran.

Serious question: What are you hoping for here? Do you think this means Trump gets his Presidency taken away?
    All leases are contracts. Someone with Trumps experience and his lawyers are aware of this.

Ignorance of the contents of the contract is not an excuse. The leasing party should have done their due diligence and been familiar with the contract.

Have you ever leased a car? Do you really think if someone who leased a car and violated the terms of the lease would not be legally responsible? Do you really think they could just say I didn't read the lease therefore I'm good? I swear judge I didn't know I needed to make payments. I also didn't think it was a contract cause no one told me...

Trump will be in violation of his lease. If he has anything to stand on it was that he wasn't violating it when he signed it. Also the company leasing out the property to him probably will not take any action.

I really don't care about this, I just find your ignorance on leases and contracts astonishing...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    That said, why is this a big deal? Isn't Trump handing over all his business affairs to his children when he is elected?
    We don't know yet, and his children are involved in the process of his administration.

The correct approach would be to blind trust his wealth - but I agree, for a family business when you have family that may be too much to ask.

Get his family out of the business of government - that would be a good start.
    Then sell out of his family business to his children (give it to them or what ever).

That resolves a couple of his legal issues up front.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-01-05 at 04:18 AM.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Contracts are bound by laws hence making them legally binding. While the contract itself may not be a law, violating the contract is breaking the law.
    A contract can be enforced by law but breaking a contract is not illegal.

The law is the enforcement part, not the contract part.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The dots are an editorial method to omit the irrelevant parts that they are not referring to. This is totally valid if they are not mandatory conditions to make a case. Ironically, this method (usually seen as [...], although it depends on the style of the editor) is meant to assist the feeble minded in understanding the argument without getting confused. Why is this ironic? Because of your post, really... :P
    The Case that he was making was that the:

[...]

as you so amazingly put it, can also be used to show that information has been left out to get the original articles point across without there being any confusion.
    Not because their feeble minded but because the originator of the article only wants his/her point put across and not let all the evidence be displayed to show something that may contradict the point the article is trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    ---- SNIP ----

@ImpTaimer, is that Correct?
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2017-01-05 at 04:19 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The law is the enforcement part, not the contract part.
    Breaking the contract is illegal which is what makes it enforceable.... The person holding the contract has to take action, but breaking it is illegal otherwise there would nothing to enforce if it were broken....

Trump is likely to be impeached. Even with a Republican majority in congress in 2018. It's simple, whereas the Dems are playing defense if they only lose a few seats or somehow gain seats and get the majority in the senate (and likely close the gap in the house), they will start impeachment proceedings if Trump is underwater in approval rating. Even if the dems don't have the majority, vulnerable Republicans in 2020 will start bailing on Trump when they see the writing on the wall to defend their seats.

Trump has shown no sign of pivoting at all to the center or becoming more presidential or responsible. All his appointees are either alt-right, neo-Nazi goons like Steve Bannon or establishment Republicans. He is ruling like he won a massive mandate for his hodge-podge of demagogue policies. And he is a fundamentally corrupt and willfully ignorant narcissist who believes the rules don't apply to him and that he is some super genius that doesn't need to listen to experts. This has been consistent his entire life. He fully acts the part of the entitled Trust-Fund baby he is.

And thanks to some emails he's now president. Demagogues can and do win elections (see andrew jackson). But Trump didn't win a majority of the vote which means he's already underwater in approval rating. And while he constantly reminds the majority of people that didn't vote for him that he is a corrupt douchebag, his tepid supporters in the mid-west are waiting for him to bring high-paying, low-skilled jobs back along with kicking out millions of illegals.

Bush barely won in 2004 (by one State, even though he at least won the popular vote by millions) and had majorities in congress too. The wheels fell off early and his popularity collapsed after Katrina and it was found out that he appointed an incompetent, non-expert to head Fema (Sound familiar trumpites?). He was basically a lame duck for most of his term by being so unpopular and being incapable of wielding majority coalitions for any of his initatives. Trump apparently is going to double down on that strategy. If the results are any different historically, I have yet to hear a compelling story of how from any of his idiot supporters.

Shooting someone can be enforced by law but shooting them is not illegal.

Amazing how bad what you said sounds

Breaking the contract is illegal which is what makes it enforceable.... The person holding the contract has to take action, but breaking it is illegal otherwise there would nothing to enforce if it were broken....
    most contracts have written into them what happens if the contract is broken, and im pretty sure that both partys would be fine with the outcome either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

you can legally break contracts.

dont believe me Go read google is your freind.

you can legally break a contract under the following things, but will need to be taken through the courts,

Fraud: If you buy a product advertised as new, and upon receipt of the product you discover that the product is used, then the contract will be invalid. This is because your counterparty has acted in a fraudulent manner.

Counterparty Breach: Check out your counterparty’s obligations under the contract. If they have breached it in some way then the contract may no longer exist. You are then off the hook.

Gross Unfairness: If a contract is grossly unfair, the courts may determine that the contract is invalid. The circumstances in which this can occur vary widely.

so yes in turn under normal circumstances it is illegal to break a contract, BUT, you can still break your contract if done legally.
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2017-01-05 at 04:25 AM. Reason: added legal mumbo jumbo
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    you can legally break contracts.
    Of course you can ... you can also legally shoot people.

Guess what legally means ... I'll let you google it 'my friend'

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Old article, but with the date rapidly approaching and nothing having changed this is a good time to bring it up again.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...e-as-president

Basically as soon as he takes office Trump will be violating the contract of his new DC hotel. At this time there is no plan for him to divest from the property.
    He can just pass it down to his family or someone he knows to use it i'm sure they already had that planned out ahead of time.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

So he will be negotiating with himself on the annual rental contract. Seems legit. Let's move on with our lives, shall we! Nothing to see here!

So you agree he's violating his contract Jan. 20th?
    Better question, how come Obama's government hasn't come up with a solution yet?

How long has it been since the filing date?

The government is the lease holder, its on them to come up with a way to solve this.

Why delay?

Gee what possible motive could they have...
    MAGA

Better question, how come Obama's government hasn't come up with a solution yet?
    Why is it Obama's job to resolve Trump's conflicts of interest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    He can just pass it down to his family or someone he knows to use it i'm sure they already had that planned out ahead of time.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope Trump gets assassinated the day he takes office, and I hope civil war breaks out all over the country. I am so feed up slaving myself working minimum wage jobs with no way out that all I want to do is burn everything I see to the ground.

I really don't care about this, I just find your ignorance on leases and contracts astonishing...
    LoL, I think you just didn't get a the joke friend.

I was doing a little parody there.

See those were the excuses Hillary gave for her email crimes.

"Didn't intend to do wrong" ..."not aware it was marked" ..."headers" ...haha it just went over you no worries.
    MAGA

LoL, I think you just didn't get a the joke friend.

I was doing a little parody there.

See those were the excuses Hillary gave for her email crimes.

"Didn't intend to do wrong" ..."not aware it was marked" ..."headers" ...haha it just went over you no worries.
    Humor doesn't seem to be your thing.

Why is it Obama's job to resolve Trump's conflicts of interest?
    ()

Obama's government is tasked with resolving the conflict since its their lease and their property.
    MAGA

()

Obama's government is tasked with resolving the conflict since its their lease and their property.
    Nonsense. Its not the government's job to give Trump special favors just for his convenience.

The only ethical way for Trump to govern is to liquidate his holdings and place the money in a blind trust.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so we're clear here, you're saying Obama should unilaterally change the contract with Trump so that Trump can be both the landlord and lease holding of the DC Post Office.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Ok you both seem to be unable to differentiate between a law and an act of law.

Just Google this "is breaking a contract illegal?" and take your pick from the various results.
    MAGA