Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    he's complaining about the numbers. he knew what he was getting into.
    I literally never said one word about numbers. I was pointing out the fact of the stigma of it being an underperforming spec. Frost was only truly weak right at the start of the xpac, which didn't matter since everyone and their mother knew it was getting buffed. All 3 mage specs are more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/msXe6

This is kind of ridiculous. I understand that the player wants to min/max the dps of his guild, so I am not complaining about his response.

What I don't undestand is that if fire mages were so OP before (I completely disagree on that part, but some players think that this is true), how come we get this kind of response after a couple of nerfs. I mean, if we were that good, a couple of nerfs should just have brought us down to the mid pack.

The way blizzard designed specs these expac, it would make sense that they don't destroy a spec, because it takes a lot of effort to grind the AP back; it's not like back in the days where you would just pay gold to switch specs.

I really hope that buffs are on the way, because I like playing fire and I really do not want to grind all that AP again.
    with AP grind with 25 you can 1-40 in like 3 hour.

But yes Arcane without legendaries is almost better than fire with right now. Swapped my alts loot spec to arcane weeks ago to try to get a drop while still playing fire.

Quote Originally Posted by noimawizard View Post
    I literally never said one word about numbers. I was pointing out the fact of the stigma of it being an underperforming spec. Frost was only truly weak right at the start of the xpac, which didn't matter since everyone and their mother knew it was getting buffed. All 3 mage specs are more than fine.
    ok because underperforming could never mean you're concerned about the dps performance in a super common tool to rank folks in a numerical way lol like way to be pedantic

"bro i was mainly talking about how useful my cc is in pvp and the benefits i bring to raid by helping to bring that fashionable aqua color to everyone's raid frames. let's not forget the variety from my different class fantasy spells and unique sounds everyone can hear that only a frost mage can cast. #nowthatswhaticallimmersion2017"
    Last edited by smaktat; 2017-01-04 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    with AP grind with 25 you can 1-40 in like 3 hour.

But yes Arcane without legendaries is almost better than fire with right now. Swapped my alts loot spec to arcane weeks ago to try to get a drop while still playing fire.
    1-40 is like 30 lvl 7-9 dungeons. To do that in 3 hours, you need to complete 10 hours per dungeons, or one lvl 7-9 dungeon every 6 minutes. Even if you find keys to boost INSTANTLY, it's still 1 minute to go out -> invite -> reset -> go in -> start, etc. That leaves you like 4.5 minutes to complete the dungeons, every single time.

Damn you're good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    1-40 is like 30 lvl 7-9 dungeons. To do that in 3 hours, you need to complete 10 hours per dungeons, or one lvl 7-9 dungeon every 6 minutes. Even if you find keys to boost INSTANTLY, it's still 1 minute to go out -> invite -> reset -> go in -> start, etc. That leaves you like 4.5 minutes to complete the dungeons, every single time.

Damn you're good at this game.
    ok 1-35. w/e All i know is most of us are working on our alts now and its like first 35 is free basically when you get 250k per run.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    ok because underperforming could never mean you're concerned about the dps performance in a super common tool to rank folks in a numerical way lol like way to be pedantic

"bro i was mainly talking about how useful my cc is in pvp and the benefits i bring to raid by helping to bring that fashionable aqua color to everyone's raid frames. let's not forget the variety from my different class fantasy spells and unique sounds everyone can hear that only a frost mage can cast. #nowthatswhaticallimmersion2017"
    Ya, you're literally putting words in my mouth at this point and rambling on about nothing. All 3 Specs are fine right now. But congrats you got to meme on mmo champ forums.

Deleted
    The problem is they nerfed things that didn't need a nerf, and didn't nerf things that did really.

Deleted
    Sims are one thing, fire will still come out ahead of other specs because real fights are different.

I fully believe that fire was nerfed because of random people in 5 mans thinking Fire was OP because geared fire mages would blow up the meters on 30 second heroic fights and 10+ aoe pulls.

That and Xavius pad. Fire was never OP as a whole. Just in niche situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    That and Xavius pad. Fire was never OP as a whole. Just in niche situations.
    Tbh Fire is OP with it's patchwerk/movement DPS ratio, which will get a serious hit come 7.1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    cry me a fucking river fire mages. Frost mains have been dealing with this for the majority of this expac, and other expansions.
    And here we have proof that some people who post here have never raided. Frost was the fucking bees knees in Highmaul, HFC... We could go back further... Fire had one tier of relevance (brf, until you got BiS gear.. then you went arcane).. Legion represented the first time... in 10yrs, that fire could be competitive at the start of an expack. But to do that, required a lot of gimmicks and luck. People who ACTUALLY mained frost, like myself, remember how OP multi-strike was. Yeah, we sure had it fucking hard didn't we?

Most of us really want the spec to work.. more than anything, we just want it to work. Numbers can be tuned, shitty mechanics can't be.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I never understood people who only played one spec with pure classes and then complainin that they decided to play with one hand.
    This expansion literally forces you to to all put in one specc, as swapping is a massive disadvantage because of legendaries and weapon levels. Eventually most people will have some legendaries for 2 of the speccs but it requires freak luck to have 4-5 bis ones across 2 speccs already. Of course you are going to complain if you spend 300+ hours into a specc that then gets nerfed, it's a natural reaction.

can't have a hot panda

gotta play it cool

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    can't have a hot panda

gotta play it cool
    Nope, we are getting so mad, we manupulate pure arcane energy to smash people with.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Imagine us, that don't have the bracers or the ring... It's impossible to compete with helm and belt on ST :/
    I compete without bracers or ring on ST (584k last M Ursoc, although my Guarm parses are a little lacking), but I really wish I could see how well I'd do with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    I compete without bracers or ring on ST (584k last M Ursoc, although my Guarm parses are a little lacking), but I really wish I could see how well I'd do with them.
    Well, you're probably just a better player than I am. My highest on Ursoc M was ~470 if I recall correctly. I won't even mention ToV; embarrassing...

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    And here we have proof that some people who post here have never raided. Frost was the fucking bees knees in Highmaul, HFC... We could go back further... Fire had one tier of relevance (brf, until you got BiS gear.. then you went arcane).. Legion represented the first time... in 10yrs, that fire could be competitive at the start of an expack. But to do that, required a lot of gimmicks and luck. People who ACTUALLY mained frost, like myself, remember how OP multi-strike was. Yeah, we sure had it fucking hard didn't we?

Most of us really want the spec to work.. more than anything, we just want it to work. Numbers can be tuned, shitty mechanics can't be.
    Lol? Are you fucking serious? You name one of the worst expansions as evidence of your raiding experience? Frost was fucking horrible and not played at all in BRF 1/3 of the major raids. Frost played very little in t4 kara, and trash in everything else. It wasn't played at all in wotlk/cata. But thats neither here or there, I was talking about the stigma of being a shitty spec, when in reality it is not.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Well, you're probably just a better player than I am. My highest on Ursoc M was ~470 if I recall correctly. I won't even mention ToV; embarrassing...
    DPS rankings are on the whole dependant on overall raid dps, if the fight takes less time the dps is higher as cds are up for longer of the fight duration, although vice versa the same goes for if its slightly longer and cds come back up again just before the boss is killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

cry me a fucking river fire mages. Frost mains have been dealing with this for the majority of this expac, and other expansions.
    You chose the wrong spec, you have no one to blame other than yourself.