Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're projecting your own lack of ethics on others.
    Can you imagine how pissed off all the people who were hoping Hillary would work for them were when she lost the election ..and the recount ..and the EC vote?

All that money from all those elitists, the corporations, KSA and others.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Can you imagine how pissed off all the people who were hoping Hillary would work for them were when she lost the election ..and the recount ..and the EC vote?

You know, for a bunch of people who love to yell "Trump Won" you kids really do love to obsess over Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Oh, you mean the electoral voters that ensure that California and New York don't determine the president every election?

No, our system worked fine. Just like it worked fine for Obama, or George Bush, or Bill Clinton, or so on.

Again, if Clinton won, I doubt I would see a single complaint from liberals about the election system.
    It failed because it allowed a demagogue to be elected, which is precisely what the electoral college was intended to prevent.

None of those other Presidents you mentioned were the kind of people the founding fathers didn't want elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    And you think this is a good thing how?
    What if I said I will be outraged over Trump's actions the exact amount of times Obama voters were outraged over his actions?
    MAGA

Odd how many people seem to think the problem is that Clinton lost when the issue is that Trump won.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    It's a lease, not a contract
    Lease - a contract by which one party conveys land, property, services, etc., to another for a specified time, usually in return for a periodic payment.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You know, for a bunch of people who love to yell "Trump Won" you kids really do love to obsess over Clinton.
    Her candidacy was many things but boring it was not.

She'll be a hot topic of conversation and comparison for years to come.

Plus she might not even be done making waves in the slop.

Plus plus ...we might see her bucktoothed spawn Chelsea tossing her hat into the ring soon.

The Clinton's aren't going away!
    MAGA

Her candidacy was many things but boring it was not.

She'll be a hot topic of conversation and comparison for years to come.

Plus she might not even be done making waves in the slop.

Plus plus ...we might see her bucktoothed spawn Chelsea tossing her hat into the ring soon.

The Clinton's aren't going away!
    No, its just you trying to excuse financial corruption on the part of the incoming President. Its pathetic really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    than what is contract law?
    Laws regulating contracts? Contracts =! Contract laws.

F*en hell I don't even like Trump and you guys are making me defend him.
    Its pathetic really.
    Like basically all your posts and threads?
    You're projecting your own lack of ethics on others.
    Your ethics are not universal, your ethics are not binding, your standards only apply to you. You only get to hold a people to their own self professed ethics and standards. Something which looking at yours, you fail at. You do not get to force them onto others. Just because he does not share your ethics or values does not mean he lacks ethics or values, he merely has a different set of them.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2017-01-05 at 06:05 AM.

The reasoning, to the extent that term applies seems to be:

"Clinton is gonna do a bad thing in office"

*Trump gets elected and does the bad thing*

"Yeah but Clinton would have done the bad thing"

Deleted
    The reasoning, to the extent that term applies seems to be:

"Clinton is gonna do a bad thing in office"

*Trump gets elected and does the bad thing*

"Yeah but Clinton would have done the bad thing"
    "The bad thing" is a nice euphemism. Not keeping the promise to wash the dishes to your flatmates is a bad thing, mutilating and murdering someone is a bad thing. Both are bad things, this does not mean they are anywhere near equal or mutual. By calling them "bad things" rather than addressing them (aswell as the bad things down in the past) you are trying to make all bad things equal to serve your own agenda.

They are NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What particular issue do you have with Obama that's relevant? How did he use his power to directly enrich himself?
    Well it aws general outrage that I was referring to not something specific to personal enrichment.

But since you asked I'll offer my opinion which is that we can't be entirely sure just yet.

We'll have to wait till hes been out of office for a while to discover anything - if there is even anything to discover.

There was a lot of money lost in things like the "stimulus" package.

And a lot of government money was thrown around to these so called "green energy" companies that, uh, went bankrupt real fast.

I'm not saying hes taken his cut but if it turned out that way I wouldn't be surprised.

He went into office with a net worth of about $1 million and its estimated now to be between $7 and $12 million.

We have to expect Obama will come out with more money than he had went in just due to his celebrity, personal fund raising, merch, books, etc.

But if money connections start popping up to show Obama having access to shit tons more than that, /cough foundations, then a closer look will have to be taken.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "The bad thing" is a nice euphemism. Not keeping the promise to wash the dishes to your flatmates is a bad thing, mutilating and murdering someone is a bad thing. Both are bad things, this does not mean they are anywhere near equal or mutual. By calling them "bad things" rather than addressing them (aswell as the bad things down in the past) you are trying to make all bad things equal to serve your own agenda.

They are NOT.
    We're talking about using the presidency to enrich the president. Not sure what you're on about.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it aws general outrage that I was referring to not something specific to personal enrichment.

But since you asked I'll offer my opinion which is that we can't be entirely sure just yet.

We'll have to wait till hes been out of office for a while to discover anything - if there is even anything to discover.

There was a lot of money lost in things like the "stimulus" package.

And a lot of government money was thrown around to these so called "green energy" companies that, uh, went bankrupt real fast.

I'm not saying hes taken his cut but if it turned out that way I wouldn't be surprised.

He went into office with a net worth of about $1 million and its estimated now to be between $7 and $12 million.

We have to expect Obama will come out with more money than he had went in just due to his celebrity, personal fund raising, merch, books, etc.

But if money connections start popping up to show Obama having access to shit tons more than that, /cough foundations, then a closer look will have to be taken.
    So you don't have any evidence. Gotcha.

No, its just you trying to excuse financial corruption on the part of the incoming President. Its pathetic really.
    Haha financial corruption.

ROFL.

Please, tell me how its "financial corruption".
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account

All of your posts are nothing but venom.

OT: People who claim to support Donald Trump do so knowing that the man is nothing more than a powder keg whose fuse has already been burning for some time; they merely hope that they enjoy the fireworks show. They believe that keg to be parked under the asses of the Democrats, not bothering to acknowledge that its parked under all of our collective asses.

Hillary Clinton was a terrible representative for the Democratic party, I don't think there are many who would deny that. Hillary Clinton certainly does not represent all Democrats; equally, Donald Trump certianly does not represent all Republicans. This entire election has been the biggest shit-show in the history of our country. I only hope the curtain falls sooner rather than later; I sincerly believe that this country will not and cannot survive four years under a Trump presidency.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

ROFL.

You mean aside from using the office of the Presidency for his direct financial gain? Aside from violating the Emoluments Clause?

ROFL.

A guy with a ton of business interests now has the power to influence laws to improve the profitability of those business interests, and has been shown in the past to be the kind of person to do so. He refuses to supply his tax returns to put the public at ease about rumours of corruption (ironic considering he was one of the "Obama must release his birth certificate" people) and his master plan to avoid conflicts of interest is... to hand control of his business empire to his direct children.

Deleted
    We're talking about using the presidency to enrich the president. Not sure what you're on about.
    Definitive and widespread proof of this is needed. You do not get to make an accusation and then expect others to disprove it. Also once again, you are comparing something which has neither happened yet nor is actually proven to various things Hillary has done in the past, during her reign of terror as secretary of state and was planning for the future. You know things not about some nebulous "enriching herself" (which she was doing for quite some time, Clinton Foundation anyone) but actually causing war and destruction across the Middle East and actively helped cause the refugee crisis, things she had wholly planned to continue and ramp up?
    So you don't have any evidence. Gotcha.
    What in the. I know Batman went off the short end but it seems you followed right along. Your accusation, your topic, YOU NEED TO BRING EVIDENCE. YOU NEED TO PROVE YOUR CASE. Not someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    All of your posts are nothing but venom.
    So are yours and far worse, so what?

OT: People who claim to support Donald Trump do so knowing that the man is nothing more than a powder keg whose fuse has already been burning for some time; they merely hope that they enjoy the fireworks show. They believe that keg to be parked under the asses of the Democrats, not bothering to acknowledge that its parked under all of our collective asses.
    There is no collective us, there will never be a collective us. You guys love to talk about unity, working together and demand cooperation when it benefits your causes and ideas. Then spread division and make it very clear there are different groups when it benefits you.
    Hillary Clinton was a terrible representative for the Democratic party
    Hillary Clinton is the US two party system in a nutshell. She is not a terrible representative for the Democratic Party and less than the entire upper echelons of the Democratic Party were.

You mean aside from using the office of the Presidency for his direct financial gain? Aside from violating the Emoluments Clause?
    Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    A guy with a ton of business interests now has the power to influence laws to improve the profitability of those business interests, and has been shown in the past to be the kind of person to do so.
    Prove it. Show us data on this. Show us where he did this, how he did it and what exactly he did. Explain it to us in depth. You made the accusation you are expected to back it the hell up.
    He refuses to supply his tax returns to put the public at ease about rumours of corruption
    "Rumours of corruption", once again you are happily applying two different standards to people here. That simply does not fly.
    to hand control of his business empire to his direct children.
    And?

Ffs stop making me defend Trump.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2017-01-05 at 06:30 AM.

Definitive and widespread proof of this is needed. You do not get to make an accusation and then expect others to disprove it.
    As he hasn't divested himself in any way from his holdings its inevitable. Literally impossible to own multiple hotels, especially on the eastern seaboard and be president without enriching yourself as president. Several countries have already moved events to his hotels.

Deleted
    As he hasn't divested himself in any way from his holdings its inevitable. Literally impossible to own multiple hotels, especially on the eastern seaboard and be president without enriching yourself as president. Several countries have already moved events to his hotels.
    According to your own logic, any US president should not be allowed to have ANY kind of personal property during his presidency. As his popularity alone might end up causing business to flourish and people to buy from him, thus he would be enriching themselves.

What you need to prove here is that he is USING HIS POSITION as a president actively to enrich himself and doing so in ways which could be seen as a breach of law. You have not done this in the slightest. Also, Politco is a great source. How about Snopes next. Unless Donald Trump is actively going out of his way to bend over in Pretzels for states such as Bahrain, take gifts and such from them for preferential treatment (you know, like Hillary and other Democrats did) you simply DO NOT HAVE A CASE.

You might want to start discussing this the moment there is an actual investigation and a tangible breach of law. None of which have yet happened or appear to be happening. Most of this being Client states of the Democrats attempting to pander to the new president in the ways they arte used to dealing with democrats hoping to get him do actually induldge them. It is nice to see that you are still holding the opposition to vastly higher moral standards than you do yourself or your own though.